Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-17-02, 15:37

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 197/184/145 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:45%/32%/22%
Progress: 25%
Talking I won't be able to post a sharing assignment on Saturday...

.....For those who asked when the next one would be....not until next week. You folks have been great with the participation!!! So many ideas shared.

My mom fell and has a hairline fracture in her leg. [edited...I'm taking care of her for a while. My priorities are health care first, computer time last...end of edit]

Through all this mess I have still managed to drink 3 litres water a day, and stay LC, despite all the tempting stuff that was in her cupboards.

[edited out]

Anyway, there isn't exactly time for me to post a new learning assignment and keep up with posting the rewards to the journals, so I'll need to skip this week.

Hag in there, and keep eating right!

Last edited by AngelaR : Fri, Jan-18-02 at 08:01.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-17-02, 17:20

Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

Looks like you've got a learning assignment right there, Angela! Sorry about your mother, and I hope you all are better soon.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jan-17-02, 23:57

Plan: 000
Stats: 000/000/000
BF:
Progress:
Default 77

She's seventy seven so you can imagine you said. Heck girl that is still young. I only hope to God that my children do not refer to me as she is such and such a age and that she acts like a three year old. You will be at that age and older some day and who knows, what shape and how you will percieve yourselve to others
Yes I did feel this was offensive towards seniors, as I know of some women who are living a great life and a couple who are even working at 77. Some who are older are doing a lot of very meaningful things, and yes once in a while we may even act a little peculiar, but I have seen a lot of younger ones who act peculiar.

Liz
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jan-18-02, 07:56

Stats: 197/184/145 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:45%/32%/22%
Progress: 25%

Lizzy...my apologies..I did not mean to offend anyone who has reached a mature age. When I said she's "77 and you can imagine" I meant that even a tiny fracture is serious business for someone like her who is elderly and frail.

As for the rest, I'm not going to defend it, other than 3 year olds require a lot of attention, and that's exactly what she is getting, with a lot of love thrown in.

I've removed the bulk of my post so it doesn't offend anyone else.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jan-18-02, 08:13
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Sorry to hear about your mother's injury, Angela.
Don't forget to look after yourself as well as your mum.
I'm looking forward to the next "homework assignment" whenever it comes.

Rosebud
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jan-18-02, 08:28

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 164/130/132
BF:
Progress: 106%

So Sorry Angela.....
And yes, you are absolutely right!! For someone that age a fracture is very serious business!! A fall without fractures is serious business! And I know it will require constant care (as a 3 year old) and I'm sure thats the point you were making. (I'm reading between the used to be lines!)
I am friends with several elderly people. Even when they are in good health... they have alot of special needs and require special attention that I obviously don't have to give to friends that are younger.

Anyway, hang in there and dote on Mom for as long as she needs it!!
We'll still be here when things get back to normal for you!!
Ellie