Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-03, 08:16

Plan: Low carb & some Keto
Stats: 276/251/140 Female 5 feet 1 inches
BF:43.5%/34%/23%
Progress: 18%

I don't know why I'm in a talking mood today---or should I say a typing mood?

I don't really have a lot of low carb food at home but I'm making the best of it this week. I know I should be eating more but what I eat is all I have. I don't have anything for snacks. But next week I plan on having the extras that help when you get tempted.

I'm on vacation next week but I plan to stick to this lifestyle. Why do I need to eat bread, sugar, cookies, ice cream and drink pop? Why is that so important. For me it's my friend---the best friend that I never had. In my life I feel as if I've always been judged and put down. And of course I have always been my worst critic but WHY?? There have always been enough people putting me down.

My oldest sister---I know you are jealous of me! ( I guess because I'm the fattest of my sisters, that I have to be jealous of her)
My 2nd oldest sister--I know you talk about me behind my back and you don't do anything for me. I don't like you! ( I have always helped this sister with her children, rent, emotionally and with transportation but I learned that she has always resented my help)
My mother in law--You better lose weight for my son! (I told her that I wanted to lose some weight before our wedding and she made sure I knew how she felt--FYI, I didn't lose any weight before the wedding)
My oldest sister's ex boyfriend--You aren't pretty like your sister! ( I didn't do or say anything to him, but I guess he just wanted to let me know for the record)
My nieces/nephews of my 2nd oldest sister--Fat ass! (They were very cruel when they wanted to be and that was often--but I don't blame them because they just wanted other people to hurt as much they did)
A guy I worked with--I think you are cute and I would date you if you weren't fat. (I was sad but I understand--He had standards)
The boy I had my first kiss with--I was drunk! (We kissed at a friends graduation party and I was sure that it would lead to us dating but when I asked him about it, that was the response I received---Of course I was devastated)

I guess I could go on for days about what was said to me but I won't. I just need to realize that I'm important--Maybe not to these people but to myself. And if I can't love myself then there is no hope for my life and I'm better off dead.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-03, 07:30

Got through another day. As the song goes "One day at a time Sweet Jesus"

Everything went as planned yesterday. Even though I was hungry all last night but I didn't give in. I was determined not to cave. I did have 2 tbsp of peanut butter. I can't wait until I really get some food in the house and then when I'm hungry I don't have to fight temptation, I can just go and eat a piece of cheese or meat.

I've been so tired this week. I guess because of the transition from High Carb to Low Carb. I've also been exercising and that has probably sent my body into shock. "Why are you doing this to me!" I can just hear my thunder thighs rumbling.

I did do my abdominal exercises yesterday, even though it was hard. I just did one set. I'm not sure when I'll be ready to do two. It will be a while.

TODAY
I walked on the treadmill for 30min. --1.28miles (.06 fewer miles than I walked on Tuesday) I guess I'm really tired. I thought about running a little to at least make the miles I did on tuesday but I didn't.

FOOD
Breakfast: 2 eggs
Lunch: 2 slices of meatloaf and 1/2 cup broccoli
Dinner: Not sure yet--but meat and veggies

I haven't taken my measurements yet but I will soon (maybe today). I'm just hoping that I will have more energy next week.
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Aug-23-04, 13:41

Time to start this journal again.

I need all the exercise I can get. I will posting again soon!
  #19   ^
Old Wed, May-25-05, 14:53

It's not much, but I walked 6 times around my parking garage at work and I'm going to take my dog for a 30 min walk in the park today. I know I need to really get going and I will.
Wish me luck
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Jun-14-05, 14:39

I've gotten up on Monday and today to do a walking video that I have. It's called Leslie Sansone's Miracle Mile and I'm just happy that I've made it two days. I'm starting slow. I'll do the Miracle Mile for 2 weeks and then on the 3rd week, I'll do the Miracle Mile and then the treadmill in the evening.
I'm also going to start doing the exercises from the book "Escape your shape" which claims to help improve the shape of your body. I just need to get a few things, like a jump rope and exercise mat.
I just need to do a double whammy on my Fat!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Jun-23-05, 14:57

I feel great . I have been getting up at 6am for almost two weeks and doing the Leslie Sansone Miracle Mile.
I'm proud of myself , but I know I'm going to have to step it up a little. I have to start doing exercises that really help with getting some of this fat off of my lower body. I am definitely a "Spoon" shape. It would make a big difference in my appearance if I could get a smaller butt, hips and thighs.
I'm happy about the fact that when I lose weight, I lose it mostly in my stomach and waist but it makes you look really funny, when you have a little waist and a huge BUTT! I guess with time, as I lose more weight, I won't look so exageratted in my bottom half.
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Jun-27-05, 11:14

This weekend was not good. I didn't do my walking video on Saturday or Sunday. (Also, I didn't eat very well either)
I'm on track again and I did get up at 6am and do my Leslie Sansone Miracle Mile today. Tonight I'm going to do at least 1 mile on the treadmill-no matter how long it takes me. Hopefully, no more than 30 minutes. I also hope that this will speed up my weightloss. If I can lose at least 6 more lbs, I can officially say I've lost 30lbs. And I'll also officially be in ONEDERLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!
  #23   ^
Old Wed, Jul-13-05, 06:49

Well, I'm officially in "Onederland!". It feels good but this week I have totally been off my walking program. I did both my miracle mile video and 2 mile walk video on Monday. On Tuesday, I did my miracle mile video but not my 2 mile walk video. Today, I haven't done anything but I'm goind to do my 2 mile walk video when I get home after I walk my dog.
It's really important to keep exercise as a part of my daily activities but it's hard when your schedule fluctuates. I had to get up at 5am today for a meeting at work and tomorrow, I'll have to get up at 4am to take my husband to work. This really messes up my exercise time in the morning but at least it doesn't happen alot. I'll be back on track on Friday. I just have to try to reeve up my exercise because hopefully it will help me lose some more weight.
  #24   ^
Old Mon, Jul-18-05, 12:02

I've been doing my Leslie Sansone "2 mile" walk in the mornings. I thought that I should step it up a bit, since I was easily completing the miracle mile.
I like doing the 2 miles in the morning and now I'm going to start doing strength training and toning in the evenings. Today, I'm going to start with the lower body, since it's needs so much work!
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Jul-19-05, 12:32

Last night I did 3 lower body exercises. I'm very weak in my lower half, so it was hard. I hope I had correct form but I don't know. Next time, I'll need to take my exercise mat down in the basement and do the exercises in front of the mirror that I have down there.
I was so tired this morning. I thought about not doing my 2 mile exercise video, but I did it anyway. My husband says that I shouldn't exercise everyday, but the exercise video said that I would at least need to workout 5-6 times a week for weightloss. I definitely want weightloss!!!!!
I'll just make sure that I take a break on Sundays and just exercise the rest of the week.
  #26   ^
Old Mon, Jul-25-05, 10:45

BAD, BAD Girl!!!!!

I was really bad because I didn't do my walking videos over the weekend. I felt so sick, that I couldn't bring myself to do it. I'm still deciding if I'm going to do it today. My stomach is still hurting and I didn't get too much sleep last night because I had to pick up my husband and his friend from the airport.
Tomorrow, my husband is working a double, so I'm going to have to be up extra early, but I'll probably still do my exercise---at least I hope. I'll keep you informed. Wish me Strength to do my workouts regardless of how sick or tired I am.
  #27   ^
Old Wed, Aug-24-05, 11:12

I finally started working out again.

Monday
1. Leslie Sansone's 2 mile walk video

Tuesday
1. Leslie Sansone's 2 mile walk video
2. Joyce Vedral's lower body workout

Today - I've already done the 2 mile walk video and after I walk my dog tonight, I'm going to do the upper body workout. (I can't wait)
I really didn't want to get up early to exercise today but I'm glad that I did. I can't wait to start building muscle and toning up.
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Sep-13-05, 09:52

I've had a week off from exercising but I'm back in the game. I really don't dread exercise like I use to and once I'm done it feels great. I just have to do more but I'll start slow.

Monday, September 12, 2005
1. Leslie Sansone's 2 mile walk
2. 15 minutes of line dancing

I plan to do the 2 mile walk again today. This week, I'm going to do it in the evening, just to get back in the groove but then next week, I'll do my exercise before I go to work. So, I'll be getting up at around 5:30am.
I really enjoyed my little line dancing session. I'm going to a wedding and reception on Friday and I thought it would be nice to practice some line dancing for fitness, fun and since they will probably be doing a few on Friday and I don't want to be a wallflower.
  #29   ^
Old Mon, Sep-19-05, 09:11

I didn't do any exercise over the weekend. Bad Girl!! I'm going to get back into it this week. I'm feeling a little more energetic. On Saturday, I went to the "Half price bookstore" in my area and I got a low carb book called "The Low Carb Bible". I read a little and it's ok but there are some recipes in the book that call for real sugar and flour and that is a serious "No, No" in my book.
I'm also so excited because I found a new walking tape. It's from Leslie Sansone, called "Walk-a-way the pounds, express 4mile walk". I watched it on Saturday and I can't wait to try it but I'm going to build up to it first. I'm going to start doing my 2 mile walk in the mornings and my 1 mile walk in the evenings with my weight training. Then probably after about a month or less, I'll try doing the 4 miles in the morning before I go to work. I know it will be hard because I'll probably have to get up at 5am or earlier but it will be worth it next year when I go on vacation and can finally wear shorts (hopefully!).
Tonight I'm going to do my 2 mile walk and tomorrow I'll start doing both my walking tapes.
  #30   ^
Old Wed, Sep-21-05, 11:53

This week I haven't started doing both of my walking tapes everyday but I plan on doing them next week. Since, I'm just getting back into my "walking groove", I've decided just to do the 2 mile walking video this week.

Next week, I'll start doing my 2 mile walk and my 1 mile walk videos. I'll start doing my weight training the first week of October. After, I get use to that routine, I'll do my 4 mile walking tape in the morning and then continue to do my weight training in the evening.

I'm excited about doing the 4 mile tape but I'm trying to take it slow.

Exercise so far this week:
Monday -Leslie Sansone's 2 mile walk
Tuesday -Leslie Sansone's 2 mile walk
Wednesday -Leslie Sansone's 2 mile walk