Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-02, 14:08
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 150/139/125
BF:
Progress: 44%
Default not finding diet easy

I am new to this Diet, actually my Husband and I are doing it together. We started back in September and only lasted about 3 weeks because my Husband got a new job and we moved from Manitoba, Canada to Iowa, USA. It was a big move and I was (and still am)very stressed so when I am stressed I eat.... So we ate way too much over Christmas and decided it was time to start again so here we are. I am a junk food addict so I am finding it very hard on this plan, but I really need to lose weight and the whole family needs to eat better.
I need recipe ideas.... I am getting real tired of eggs.
Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

How do you all do it????

Sheri
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-02, 14:23

Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%
Default HI

I used to be a big stress eater so I know how that goes. At the top of this page U will see an orange bar. There U will find a recipe section to click on. I havent had any problems with my food choices since starting this WOE 9 months ago. Yes there are days when I say oh geeeeze more eggs..lol but generally I try to have many different things in the week to make up for my unimaginitive breakfast. I do still eat lots of eggs but U can have sausage or bacon [watch out for fillers and hidden carbs] I eat left over meat for breaky aswell. There are some low carb cereals U can try aswell.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-02, 18:23

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: //2002
BF:and feeling great
Progress: 99%

Hi Sheri - a move like that is really tough. It'll help if you can find a way to network up a bunch of new friends who live close to you - if you haven't already. It's that kind of support that makes or breaks this kind of lifestyle change.

As far as food bordom goes, gwilson and I must be somehow related but we haven't figured out how yet. I love porkchops for breakfast and souffle for dinner. Really helps break up that egg thing.

Are you a "salt" person or a "sweet" person? Personally I'm a salt person. Thought I would die without my Ruffles Sour Cream and Onions chips. I've had 2 large bags since I started lowcarbing almost 2 years ago. Not bad considering I used to eat a large bag every few days. Discovering 'new' low carb junk food (homemade of course) helps a lot.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-02, 19:40
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Make a list of all the delicious protein foods you can eat.

...Shrimp with garlic butter, steak with herbed cream cheese melted over the top, chicken with cream, bacon and mushrooms, pork chops with cream and mustard, chicken thighs baked with tomatoes and oregano, salmon with lemon, butter and dill....

I will eat anything as my first meal of the day, even soups and curries.

Making LC your way of life makes it easier when things get to be too much. Eating used to be my 'safety net'. Now LC is the safety net and anything else is just a detour.

Karen
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jan-16-02, 09:26

Stats: 206.0/196.5/140
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Suggestions

Thanks for the suggestions Karen...

You are always have such good advice for us all..thank you for that too..

Laura
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jan-16-02, 10:22
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Low carbing can be a real mind boggler when you first start. I think the important thing is getting through induction and keeping your mind open to different possibilities. YOur way of eating does change severley, and being open will give you more variety in food and keep you learning ways of taking care of yourself in a new and better way.

Karen