Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Jan-09-02, 10:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 147/126/119
BF:
Progress: 75%

Spoilsport

Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Jan-09-02, 14:08
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Quote:
Originally posted by JimOhio111
here is a suggestion: have morals and decency and wait until getting married before taking your clothes off.

Jim, hopefully that place that has "morals and decency" can also offer some reading skills!

Consider this more than just a suggestion, as our forum rules that you have agreed to, do not allow you to question other members decency and morality.

Let's stick to support here, and we can share links to other moral, religious and political discussion forums for those who are interested.

Wa'il
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Jan-09-02, 16:10

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care
Progress: 100%

thanks wa'il...you've also kept me from responding with a lengthy academic discussion of normal female sexuality, the discovery of "killer sperm" and its significance, cultural relativism, problems with the patriarchy, and the history of marriage as slave state...lol. You're right, not appropriate for the forum and probably would have bored anyone else half to death!
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Jan-10-02, 13:28
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 209/162/160
BF:
Progress:

after reading the original posts regarding this topic and the liberal responses that followed my sound and reasoned and wise counsel, i am more convinced than ever that the main problem here that many posters have is much more involved and significant than physical health and weight issues..
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Jan-10-02, 15:41

Stats: 325/308/200
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default You are right

Jim

You are right, some people here do have issues surrounding more than just the physical ones involved in weight loss. In fact, some people have some self esteem issues, some have some acceptance issues and some have trust issues. Given that, this website is usually and ideal place to be, because in general, people don't violate each other here. I appreciate that you might choose a different path for yourself than some members here, but I would think that given your lack of agreement here is based on a judgment of someones values, and therefore a judgement of them as a person, that it is inappropriate and ineffective and contrary to the spirit of the community of people, who try to provide each other with fair minded advice and encouragement. If we have to fear personal attacks and criticisms here, than what is the point of posting? There is enough fear in the world for people with "issues". Please forgo the negativity and judgment. You always have the option to pass by the commentary you don't agree with, or to present your arguements in a manner that does not insinuate personal judgements or attacks.

Mari
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Jan-10-02, 16:22

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

Very well put Mari.

#22   ^
Old Thu, Jan-10-02, 17:12

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: //2002
BF:and feeling great
Progress: 99%

Quote:
the main problem here that many posters have is much more involved and significant than physical health and weight issues..
Not so much a 'problem' as a feature.

It's marvellous to be associated with a supportive community such as this, where it's easy to find a comrade who can relate to one or more of the millions of issues that plague the human condition.
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Jan-10-02, 19:14

Quote:
after reading the original posts regarding this topic and the liberal responses that followed my sound and reasoned and wise counsel, i am more convinced than ever that the main problem here that many posters have is much more involved and significant than physical health and weight issues..

and they say irony is dead
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Jan-10-02, 21:16
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:

Quote:
i am more convinced than ever that the main problem here that many posters have is much more involved and significant than physical health and weight issues..

Now that you're more convinced than ever, you have no reason to be visiting this thread.

The Newbies Questions forum is packed with great information. You'll probably find it less involved and significant than what's going on here.

Karen
  #25   ^
Old Fri, Jan-11-02, 09:03

Plan: Schwarzbein prin
Stats: 158/155/120
BF:
Progress:

Razzle,

Having been married for 24 yrs., I've been out of the dating scene WAY too long to offer advice.
However, I just HAD to say how excited I was to read that TWO guys came up to you and showed interest at the party!! Good for you! Have fun with the dating, and I agree w/ whomever said that the guy will be lucky to be out w/ YOU and that should be your attitude both w/ this date and all others.
You go girl!!

YB
  #26   ^
Old Fri, Jan-11-02, 16:13
Registered Member

Stats: 136/134/116
BF:
Progress: 10%

Personally, I hope anyone here that wants it, married or not, gets a lot of gratifying sex (safe, of course!), and that it burns up a lot of calories and contributes to good metabolism !

Razzle, do you mind going on a small tangent and explaining "killer sperm" and implication?
  #27   ^
Old Fri, Jan-11-02, 16:29

thanks yoga! It's flattering but weird. Nice to know that at age 46, I still got some part of "IT" -- lol. The last guy I dated before this was 32 also flattering.

and alibabka (*love* your name BTW!), I'd have pmed you with this, but you haven't yet enough posts, so... ok, I'll do it here and risk a moderator erasing it ! (and for those great moderators!)

Men have some sperm (maybe 10% of 'em) called "killer sperm" which cannot fertlize an egg, but whose only job it is to seek out and destroy other men's sperm. Sperm lives inside a woman for 72 hours, max. This means that at some point in our evolutionary past, and probably not that long ago (welll, in evolutionary terms--maybe 100,000 years ago), we women were having sex with MANY MANY partners, one after the other. Otherwise, there would have been no need for killer sperm to evolve. Such mechanisms only evolve when there is a need for them. Thus, if one believes in a Divine Creator, we were meant by Her/him to have plenty of sex with plenty of different guys. Not that I do, but somehow, I find it a cheery thought, and a good antidote to a culture that would have us deny our own wonderful, joyous, active sexuality.
  #28   ^
Old Fri, Jan-11-02, 17:14

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Quote:
Originally posted by razzle
a culture that would have us deny our own wonderful, joyous, active sexuality.

AMEN!!

Marlaine
  #29   ^
Old Mon, Jan-14-02, 11:57
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%
Smile Funny thing

Friday I told my friends who I game with that I was divorcing my husband and while I was using the rest room later that night, the guys got together and talked about me. The married ones wanted to know why the single guys were't asking me out after all I was funny, a gamer, and "pretty as hell"
Oh don't guys compliment so nicely?
So when I returned to the gaming room. They all were asking me if I would be interested in dating. I said no. Not because these are not good people but because I don't want a personal relationship. I enjoy and reveal in my freedom and its so nice not to have be dating. I enjoy my friends so much and it allows me to be my normal flirtatious self without hurting anyones feelings.
I've never been happier!