Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jan-13-02, 14:01

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care
Progress: 100%

welcome stormy. I'm glad you did the research and found something that sounds as if it will work for you.

Your story reminds me how much octors anger me in their treatment of obese patients. They have the same irrational anti-fat prejudices as the uneducated masses, and yet when they tell us we've "failed" on their diets, what they're not admitting is that they are failing as physicians. Since 99.9% of people regain the weight after 7 years, their treatment is what is lacking--we lack nothing except the fashionable metabolism of the age. Such ignorance might be excusable in the general population, but these are supposed to be scientist and healers. So many of them who would give us a "F" grade at dieting or "self control," I would give an "F" grade at being both a doctor and a human being.

Find a doctor who has some humility about his own inability to treat this difficult to treat condition and shows gentleness and compassion for you. If CAD or other LC works for you, such a good MD will be convinced by your success of the program's merits.

Best of luck to you