Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-04, 20:30
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/South Beach
Stats: 292/268/150 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 17%

What does sf syrup mean? I've seen the Atkins syrup for pancakes. Not my cup of tea....but I like the sound of your breakfast change recipe Johanna, thanks for the ideas you guys.
The best wraps I have been able to find are the Orowheat wraps that Zehrs are carrying. They sell out quick though, so I stock up and keep them in the freezer.
My mainstay for lunch, if I didn't get organized and bring one, is 1/2 bbq chicken from the deli at the grocery store. You know the ones they put on the spit....my local IGA sells them split in half rather than the whole chicken.

Let me know what you guys are up to....good to keep in touch. It doesn't look like Im going to hit my mini goal....kinda depressing. But, I'll get there sooner or later.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-04, 20:31
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/200/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 43%

sf = sugar free
  #48   ^
Old Sun, Jul-11-04, 17:49
Goddess

Stats: 354/297/175 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:49%
Progress: 32%
Lightbulb Low-Carb Availability in KW

Quote:
Atkins Bake Mix $29.99 ($15.99 at GNC with my Gold Card).

They have the lowest price Atkins bars in town though - $29.99 for a box of 15.

At Zehrs they are $2.99, Sobeys $3.29. This is $2.00 a bar at Spartan Nutrition!!!!

My family is starting Atkins tomorrow and we've been looking around to see what kind of things we can get.

We found the Atkins Bake Mix at Zellers on Bridgeport Road for $12.99. They also have a lot of the baking stuff as well as the Atkins CEREAL!!!

Shoppers Drug Mart at Forest Glen Plaza has the Advantage Bars for $34.99/box of 15 and the Endulge Bars for $27.99/15. They also have the supplements and a variety of the muffin mixes, pancake mix and table syrup.

Thank you all for the wonderful tips on where to get low carb foods in the area. I'm glad to find others in KW who are doing this. Wish me luck!

Diana
  #49   ^
Old Sun, Jul-11-04, 21:53

Plan: mix of IF and Keto diet
Stats: 283/256/150 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 20%

Welcome to the gang, Diana. Would you be interested in joining a group of us somewhere in KW too? I was thinking maybe sometime in September once kids are back in school and summer activities have settled ...what does everyone think? Where's a good place to meet? Let's hear some suggestions.
  #50   ^
Old Mon, Jul-12-04, 23:25
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 282/270/180 Female 5ft8"
BF:
Progress: 12%

YAY! A local thread! Just wanted to pop in and say hello to all. For anyone who can handle diet drinks, (I cannot ) There is now a diet "crush" cream soda and orange with splenda! The only place I've seen it is the new Zehrs on Ottawa. The cream soda is especially good. Oh and they also have Ben and Jerry's low carb chocolate (4g carbs/serving) and swiss almond vanilla (2g carb/serving) ice cream there, both are sweetened with Splenda!!.

Geeee, can you tell I had a sweet tooth!! hehehe
  #51   ^
Old Wed, Jul-14-04, 19:09
Registered Member

BF:

Hey I'm in for a meet and greet.....let me know when and where.
An evening or a weekend would be best for me.
Please keep me posted.
  #52   ^
Old Fri, Jul-16-04, 19:11
Goddess

Hi again,

A meet & greet would be great -- I'm a teacher though so September is actually not a great time for me. My evenings are ok though -- whatever works for whoever.
  #53   ^
Old Sun, Aug-01-04, 05:40

BF:

Well, I'd still like all of us to get together. Where shall we gather? What is central? ...North Waterloo? ...North Guelph? ...Elmira? . When? ...end of August? ...Daytime? ...Evening?

Should we start a new thread just for our get together plans so that this thread can continue with other types of info? Let me know.
  #54   ^
Old Wed, Aug-04-04, 13:44
Healthy Glam'ma

Plan: Atkins-Suzanne Somers
Stats: 280/188/160 Female 67"
BF:weigh/too/much
Progress: 77%
Default Meet and Greet......Lets do it!

Hi you All,

I am in Cambridge, and would love to get a group together!
Have been to one in Toronto, and it was a great exchange of recipes and ideas.
I think August would be a great month, but fall is alright with me too.
Toronto's get togethers were a lunch time thing and seemed the easiest for all concerned.
I am busy the 14th and 21st of this month, so how about Sat, the 28th, Noon, in Kitchener.
Does that work for everybody???

We can pick a place like Swiss Chalet or a fast food place that has a LC Menu.

Any other ideas out there..... let's hear them!!!

Cheryl
  #55   ^
Old Thu, Aug-05-04, 00:54

BF:

Swiss Chalet sounds good. Kitchener sounds good. How central is the one on Fairway Rd (close to Toys R Us) to everybody? (almost all of them are about 25 min drive away from me except the one on Weber in Waterloo) Lunch is fine with me. Our family might be getting its last holiday 'fling' that weekend though ...don't know yet. We're just going through the process of a funeral (my dad) right now so it'll take a bit of time before I'll know definites as to what's all happening in our family's life on that weekend. What about the 20th at noon? ...maybe that conflicts with somebody's job?
  #56   ^
Old Sun, Aug-08-04, 22:02
Goddess

Hi all!

I wouldn't mind meeting up with you. The 20th is ok for me but it'd have to be an early lunch since we're heading out of town for a wedding that afternoon. (That should be interesting! Wish me luck!)
  #57   ^
Old Mon, Aug-09-04, 09:01
Healthy Glam'ma

Plan: Atkins-Suzanne Somers
Stats: 280/188/160 Female 67"
BF:weigh/too/much
Progress: 77%
Default I think we have a "thumbs up" on the 20th.....

Schwartzi, sorry to hear about your Dad.
I have my son and granddaughter arriving later on the 20th, so I think an early lunch, 11:30 maybe, at Swiss Chalet on Fairway Road, Kitchener, sounds good to me. Things may change by then, but I would like to be there if we can get this group together.

Perhaps we can leave a message in the journal's of those in the area, to let them know we have a definite place and time in mind.

Anybody game to help me with this?

Here's to a great get together!!

Cheryl
Cambridge
  #58   ^
Old Tue, Aug-10-04, 20:37
Registered Member

BF:

I'd like to make the 20th but that is a little too far for me unless I want to give up most of the day. Kepp me posted where and when. I'll see what i can do to make it. I'm from north of Fergus, so Guelph, Waterloo are a little closer. But whatever works best for the group is good.
  #59   ^
Old Wed, Aug-25-04, 09:04

BF:

I'm finally back on the board again after a season of chaos. Sorry I took so long to reply.

On Friday the 20th, I'm planning to be in KW. Shall we call it a date? I can either plan to be at Swiss Chalet on Weber Street, Waterloo to accommodate Whipnbye or be at Fairway Rd to accommodate Nanna & Phatgirl. Which is a go? I can try to make it for 11:30 am if that's OK for everyone. Let me know how to plan my day.