Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Mon, Jan-07-02, 11:44
OSU Cowboy Fan

Plan: Lapband/low carb
Stats: 248/169/145 Female 5'6"
BF:42/29/25
Progress: 77%
Default Still in the 190's club

Okay, I'm over the sorrow thing I had last week. I dug some old photos out of me last January, and I was very pleased with my weight now. Boy what a difference a year can make!

So this morning the scales read 195.5, last year they were 228. So instead of focusing on how much more I need to loose, I'm going to enjoy the weight I've lost so far and just think how much better I'm going to look NEXT January.

So, here's to the 190's club!
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Mon, Jan-07-02, 17:19
Pending Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/145/120
BF:
Progress: 74%
Thumbs up way to go Sunshine2

Sunshine,
That is how I felt after see old picture of myself. I am living one day at a time and enjoying every moment of it.
By the way, your name for the group is what my husband nickname is for me. He said I brought sunshine when I walked inot a room. So I know you do the same.
I weighed this morning I am now 184 from 192 and I still have 4 days of induction to go. Have your try the mock danish yet? It is getting great review on the other board. I am going to try it as a treat when I end induction.
Thanks friend for being here for me.
  #63   ^
Old Tue, Jan-08-02, 08:13
OSU Cowboy Fan

Donna:

The mock danish is truly wonderful. There are so many variations to it too. It's quick, convenient, you can eat it warm or cold. A lot of times I will make it in the evening and have it the next morning for breakfast. If you are having a "chocolate" graving, make the mock danish with a little cocoa, it taste like a brownie.

Sunshine was a nick name my daddy gave me as a little girl and it just stuck through the years, my whole family calls me that.

Congratulations for getting down to 184, that is awesome!!!!!! And you still have four days to go on inductions, wow! I started back on Induction last Saturday and have done good on it so far, I plan on staying on it for another month.

Congratulations again!
  #64   ^
Old Tue, Jan-08-02, 09:23
Pending Member

Stats: 215/145/120
BF:
Progress: 74%
Smile Good morning, Sunshine2

Thanks for encouragement. I can really use all the help I can get.
I have tried the mock danish yet but everyone I have talked to say it is wonderful. I will make it for myself after induction. I will try it with the chocolate. I bought some lo carb chocolate fudge drink at Wal Mart and I will use it after induction also. Maybe that will take care of the sweet attack for awhile. I use to experiment when I was on Atkins before and have not had time to start yet.
But I will. This is my way of life now and I quess what, I love it.
Have a wonderful lo carb day, my friend.
  #65   ^
Old Thu, Jan-10-02, 19:23

Stats: 230/136/145 Female 5'8.5"
BF:33.95/24.51/20
Progress: 111%
Default Wow! Sorry I've been away for a while

But, I'm back and still on program (YaY).

Sunshine2...it looks like you're doing great. Sorry i haven't been on the boards but, I've been thinking about the Valentine's Day challenge and was happy that I weighed in at 190 this morning! Where did you find that mock danish recipe...it sounds good...lol. It's cool that you're in Bakersfield Ca...that's not far from Newport beach...it also looks like donnaJ is in California - how cool

This is funny...my Yorkshire terrier was named Sunshine Marie...I called her sunnie as a nick name. She died on Christmas eve at 14 years old...but, she added a lot of sunshine to my days.

donnaJ...that's so awesome that you're 184...I CAN"T WAIT till i'm in the 180...I will be so happy. Actually I'm quite happy wityh the weight that I've dropped so far...but, being in the 180's will be awesome! I agree with you sunshine...we need to be happy with the weight we've lost so far...we've come a long way!

Marlaine...thanks for posting your support. I totally understand not wanting to set yourself up especailly with the "Stalls"...I'm slowly getting out of my 190's stall (whick seemed to take forever). You have done so incredible on this WOE...I'm so happy for you!

AngelaR...thanks for checking in with the 190's club. I appreciate the support you've given marlaine...I also understand losing slow. This has felt really slow to me but, when you add all the pounds up it's awesome. So, I'm hoping the best for all of us. By the way, it would be great to be anywhere in the 160 in 2002! I agree :-)

Well, sorry I was away for a while...it looks like everyone is doing great. Hope to get re-connected again
  #66   ^
Old Fri, Jan-11-02, 00:04

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%
Default Re: Wow! Sorry I've been away for a while

Quote:
Originally posted by Cher
It's cool that you're in Bakersfield Ca...that's not far from Newport beach...it also looks like donnaJ is in California - how cool

Sounds like the makings of an LC Coffee Group. I'd encourage you all to meet. We have a wonderful time when we are together here in Vancouver. What a bonus! Losing weight AND making some great new friends!

I'll be happy to get TO the 190's. I've been hung here since last year....December 31st to be exact! Had coffee with Ruth tonight and she's quite certain that I shouldn't be worrying about it! I'm not worried...I'm just anxious to get my Bodacious BFL Babe Body.....the 140 pound version!

Marlaine
  #67   ^
Old Fri, Jan-11-02, 00:16

Stats: 287.4/255/155 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default Re: Re: Wow! Sorry I've been away for a while

Quote:
Originally posted by Marlaine

I'll be happy to get TO the 190's. I've been hung here since last year....December 31st to be exact! Had coffee with Ruth tonight and she's quite certain that I shouldn't be worrying about it! I'm not worried...I'm just anxious to get my Bodacious BFL Babe Body.....the 140 pound version!

Marlaine

M: I have no doubts that you will have that BFL body THIS year. You have a lot of determination, commitment and resolve (is this the same thing, am I being repetitive?) We are going to have a lot of fun getting healthy. It has been alluded to that I have an obsession with the scale.... you don't want to be obsessive, do you? LOL, I'm teasing you. You'll see 199 soon, I'm positively sure
  #68   ^
Old Fri, Jan-11-02, 00:39

Marlaine,

That does sound like fun (meeting everyone)...that's great that you've gotten together with a group from Vancouver! That must add a lot of support to your program.

You are so close to the 190's, and you've done so well...you look great! And, what an inspiration you've been for everybody (just reading all the posts). I can't wait until I'm in the 140's either. It seems like I'm really ready for that again (although my body seems to need to catch up with my thoughts...lol).
We will make it and soon. By next Christmas I think we will all be amazed. The time seems so long when we're going through this weight loss phase. And, so short when we look back on it (isn't that amazing). I'm excited for all of us
  #69   ^
Old Mon, Jan-14-02, 09:49
Registered Member

Stats: 195/201/145
BF:
Progress: -12%
Default Looks like the place for me!

I am almost done with my 2 week induction. I have only lost 2 lbs., but with help from people here I found out 3 things. I did not eat enough, did not drink enough and I needed to eliminate or reduce my salt intake!

I hope by Wed, I will be down another 2 lbs. I have my 20th class reunion in July and I am on the committee. I want to lose about 2 lbs/week to reach my goal. I will start exercising in a few weeks. It usually takes me that long after I change my eating to feel normal again.

I look forward to chatting soon!

Gilta
  #70   ^
Old Mon, Jan-14-02, 10:26
OSU Cowboy Fan

Hey Cher, (love the new pic). I wish I lived in California, but I moved back to Oklahoma 20 years ago. If ever I get out there, I'll let you know and we can hook up for coffee.

I was feeling a little down this morning, was hoping the scales would show a loss, but they haven't. I weighed last Thursday and they said 193.5, today, they say 195.5. So, I'm going to blame it on muscle weight. I'm going to stay off the scales until next Monday the 21st, just too disappointed when they don't show a loss. Even a 1/2 pound loss would've been welcomed by me. However, Tama suggested I measure myself, so tomorrow, I'm going to have my trainers at Curves re-measure me, this way I will see how many inches I've lost since December 28th (the last measurement) versus pounds. Even though the scales say I'm up two pounds, I just don't feel like it. I do feel thinner, my clothes are looser.

I'm still shooting for the 10 pounds by Valentines day, but the way it is right now, I've only lost 1/2 pound since our "10 pounds by Valentine day challenge". But as they say, it ain't over until the fat lady sings, and I ain't singing. LOL.

Last edited by sunshine2 : Mon, Jan-14-02 at 10:33.
  #71   ^
Old Mon, Jan-14-02, 11:09

Default hi...Happy Monday!

Gilta,
Hi, I don't think we've met on the boards yet so I just wanted to say hello, welcome and congratulations on almost
being done with induction...that's awesome! You're so right about eating enough food and drinking enough water..I didn't think about the salt intake (my dr's have made me add salt because my pressure drops too low and I black out)...but, the fact is that salt can really cause bloat and water retention. Drinking the water really helps to push that fluid and any toxins right through the body. So, I'll think I'll run downstairs to get some water right now...lol. I understand your goal to lose 2 pounds a week (because I'd love to do the same). The thing that I've noticed is that sometimes the body just releases weight in it's own time (boy...do I hate that). But, what's truly amazing is just getting through the next 6 months and then looking at our progress. I think we will all be amazed :-) Sunshine2 and I have set a short term goal to lose 10 pounds by Valentine's Day...and that small goal is just hard enough.

Sunshine2,
Ohhhh for some reason I though you were in California too. Thanks for your comment about my pic...I appreciate that. I noticed that a few people have pictures on line and it's kind of nice to see what people look like....you feel like you know them a little more.

I go through the same thing with my weight loss...especially with exercising. I am weight training and as we all know "muscle weights more than fat". The nice thing is the inches seems to go down pretty fast even if the scale isn't showing it yet. I'm glad you took starting measurements on December 28th...it will be fun to see your progress. It's a really good sign that you already feel thinner and that your clothes are fitting better (YaY Sunshine2). I usually try to measure once a month...and last measurement my waist was down 5 1/2 inches...even though my weight loss seemed stalled...that was pretty nice! What type of exercise program did you set up at Curves (I think that's a gym...right)?

I'm still trying to lose 10 by Valentine's day...but, the truth is I'll be happy with whatever progress I make....especially if the inches keep going down. Don't worry, we'll do our best and see what happens!
  #72   ^
Old Mon, Jan-14-02, 11:42
Registered Member

BF:

Cher,

Thanks for the welcome. I am just getting into this. I would love to jump on your bandwagon to lose 10 lbs by 2/14. I hope to start exercising shortly. I think that will help.

As soon as I get a picture I like, I will post it.

Gilta
  #73   ^
Old Mon, Jan-14-02, 12:32
OSU Cowboy Fan

I am going to have a friend scan one of my recent pics then I will try and post it as well, not sure how to do that yet, since I am totally computer "stupid". LOL

I do something called circuit training at curves, its an all women workout place. Its a 40 minute exercise program where you go from machine to machine and in between the machines you are jogging. Its a combo weight/aerobic training. It burnes 500-600 calories by the time you finish.

They measure me once a month and weigh me in as well to check my progress, my weigh in date is the 14th of each month, but I weighed in the the 28th and got measured because they are having a contest this month. We all had to pay $5 and at the end of the month, whoever looses the most weight and inches combined gets the pot, its around $150. (I sure would like to win that).

Well I just got back from my ab exercise with my trainer, and all I can say is "ouch". I'm already feeling it, so tomorrow, I hope I can even breath.
  #74   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-02, 07:10
Registered Member

BF:

Sunshine,

My MIL swears by Curves. Unfortunately, there is not one by me yet. I joined a new club called RAC ( Rochester Athletic Club) for women. It is opening in March so I am trying to lose a little before I show myself in public.

For now I am going to try to exercise, either nortic track or paddle at least 3x/week. My husband and I play Friday nights so 1 down!

I way in tomorrow to see how much I lost on the induction. I am trying to cut out the salt today and drink tons of water. I only lost 2lbs the 1st week, so I am hoping more this week.

Gilta
  #75   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-02, 11:49

Default Hi Gilta and Sunshine2

Gilta... that's great! We can all try for our valentine's goal together...there's more support (Yey). Good for you that you're exercising. I'm getting ready to start my lower body work out today. I've been in a lot of pain so wish me luck!

Sunshine2...how fun, I look forward to seeing your picture. I'm terrible at scanning, so, DH had mine scanned at a Kinkos...lol. Wow! That circuit training sounds great - especially the part where it burns 500 -600 calories...but, also the combo training part....Way To Go! I relate to the "ouch" part...lol that's exactly how I'm feeling right now.

Have a great day!