Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-23-04, 11:19

Plan: Atkins mostly..
Stats: 228/211/150 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 22%
Default Salad, Salad, Salad...

since friday july16th Ive been eating salad 3 times a day (big ones with iceburge lettuce, 8 pieces of cubed chedder cheese, little cucumber, little bell pepper, little tomato , low carb dressing) Once in a while Ill add chicken or pork chops to the salad..but not often...
Ive so far lost 9 pds, but i can not see it, or feel the loss...Am I doing something wrong????
PLUS...Is it okay for me to have an iced latte with 3 sugars and whole milk once a day?? from dunkin donuts..thats where I work (HELP ME) AND i love them things...I drink water other than that and dont slip up the rest of the day..maybe even everyother day ill have one...just asking!!!

thanks in advance...
brandi
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jul-23-04, 11:23

Plan: LC BFL
Stats: 279/155/135 Female 5'5
BF:39/24/<20
Progress: 86%

no sugar! use splenda instead... at the very least. i havent 'noticed' a loss in the mirror until recently. even though my clothes were WAY smaller and i knew i was losing weight, i still felt the same. somedays i still do. it takes a while to really notice it. other people noticed my loss long before i did. hang in there! good luck!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jul-23-04, 11:39

Plan: atkins based
Stats: 263/259/140 Female 5'7"
BF:45/44/18
Progress: 3%

I'm pretty much doing the same thing as you, eating salads 3 times a day or at least 2 right now. But I always have some kind of protein in it. It quick and its easy and it seems i'm always running out of time. About the latte tho, really should stay away from them but then again if its the only thing keeping you on the diet than you might use it as a crutch for awhile to keep you happy while dieting. I agree, try to get splenda instead of sugar. I can't imagine how hard it is trying to do LC at dunkin donuts! OUCH! My worst thing is the call center I work for has like 10 vending machines and an icecream maching *sigh* And its cheap lol But everyone once in awhile I'll slide in and get a hamburger or something like that to fill a craving thats driving me mad but still stick to the diet the rest of the time. As I said you have to be happy on your diet or you will not stick to it.

Good work on the 9 lbs you'll probably see it coming off soon, but not right away because what we notice is the inches coming off not the lbs.

Good Luck!
Laura
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jul-23-04, 15:35

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 333/199.8/172 Female 5'8"
BF:??/39.0/25
Progress: 83%

9 lbs since July 16 is excellent! Whatever you are doing is working. Congratulations! It will probably take awhile for you to really notice the weight loss, though. It takes our minds more time to catch up than we expect.

The key to success is to make this a way of life that works for you. If you simply eat salads all day and expect to go back to your old routines once you are at goal, then you risk putting the weight back on. Take this time while you are losing to learn new eating habits and find what works best for you. A latte once a week is maybe a little more reasonable then every day or every other day. Maybe use this to convince Dunkin Donuts to come up with some low carb items on their menu. I wonder if they are losing too many customers yet.

Ok, this ones a little silly, but it works for me... how tight are your undies? I can really tell when I'm losing because the undies start feeling looser.

Good luck with your continued success!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jul-23-04, 18:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/215/140 Female 67 inches
BF:47.4/46.2%/20%
Progress: 38%

I'm too new at this to know if you are doing anything wrong, but I just had to say WOW that you have lost nine pounds all the while working at Dunkin Donuts...You go girl!
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jul-23-04, 18:11

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 246/198/150 Female 62inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

It ain't Atkins.

It does not sound like you are getting enough protein or fat in your diet. Those are the building blocks you need on a lc plan to use as fuel. The only protein I see you have accepted is 8 cubes( 8oz?) of cheese which is double the limit you should have in the induction phase.
So sorry you work at Dunkin Donuts that must be really hard.But the milk and sugar in those coffee drinks is way to high to use.Check out the nutritional values for yourself.

Good luck on your weightloss journey but take time to read Dr Atkins book to understand how the plan works.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jul-24-04, 06:43
Medival Princess

Plan: curves
Stats: 298/214/190 Female 6 ft or 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

you might want to ditch the iceburg lettuce and use some other greens (romaine, baby spinach ect) that have a nutritional value
another thing that i found that i kinda like (and i don't even do coffee!) is in slimfast's low carb shakes.. they have a cafe latte and its pretty good i realize shakes and such are a ymmv thing but it would be a better alterantive then milk and sugar! the total carbs is 6 i think the net was 2
congrats on the 9lbs, it took me awhile to see / feel my loss too my clothes were falling off me before i caught myself in the mirror and went... hey i *have* lost weight *laughs*
keep up the good work
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Jul-24-04, 07:29

Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

I have to agree with the others about the milk and sugar. And if the latte is from a mix rather than real coffee, it might have other carbs in it. Tim Horton's "capuccino" is just carbage IMHO.

If you have only lost 9 pounds in less than 10 days, you are doing FAR better than you should have expected. If you want to keep on losing, then ditch the lattes gradually. At least change to sweetener and cream.

It would be worthwhile to click on "How to do Atkins" and review the Induction Rules at www.atkins.com
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Jul-24-04, 20:21
Beautifully Chaotic

Stats: 334.5/320.0/150.0 Female 63 inches / 5ft 3in
BF:
Progress: 8%

I have a feeling that for right now, you might be losing great, but it sounds like you are going to end up in starvation mode. I would suggest no sugars at all, and use fitday to make sure that you are getting enough calories in. Good job though on staying away from those evil doughnuts!
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Jul-24-04, 23:10
Registered Member

Plan: My Version of M/E
Stats: 284/000/140 Female 65 inches
BF:54%/49.5%/25%
Progress: 197%

If you are really having a tough time staying away from lattes, how about making your own and bringing it to work in a thermos.

Use a bit of protein powder, a small amount of cream, splenda or davinci syrup of choice, add ice and whiz in the blender. Viola! Frappachinno. If you have a blender at work, you could bring the supplies and make it at work.

Just a thought!