Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-22-04, 07:12

Plan: wholesome foods
Stats: 139/130/125 Female 5'7"
BF:?
Progress: 64%
Default Fat Distribution

In your own experiences...how has your body changed over the course of your weight loss and after you reached your goal weight?

I know fat is supposed to distribute itself for six months after you reached your goal weight, but wanted to hear everyone's personal experience w\ their fat distribution. How has everyone's body changed over the course of their WOE.

Any input would be appreciated...thanks!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jul-22-04, 07:15
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 186/167/148 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Intresting . I have never heard this.. I am far from goal weight but could you explain a little more about the process.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-22-04, 08:10
Diet Cokeaholic

Plan: Whole foods moderation
Stats: 221/215/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

This link should help explain it: How Fat Moves About

I haven't hit goal yet and am still not at all happy with the fat I'm carrying around, but I noticed that as I lost, it seems to come from my stomach and boobs LAST. Those places have lost plenty of weight, but not in proportion to the rest of me, if that makes sense. I know they'll be the last to get to the size I'm happy with.

The result is that my pants are baggy in the legs while snug in the waist. the upside is that my face, arms, shoulders and calves are looking great. We won't talk about thighs/waist/chest. I think a lot of women have this same problem due the way we're genetically programmed to carry weight.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jul-22-04, 08:18
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/260.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 58%

I used to have huge hips, I used to call them my jodpur thighs, lol!!, but Anne Gittleman's Fat Flush Plan took care of that. Though I gained weight this winter, my hips haven't come back.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jul-22-04, 08:38

Default my experience

I always have had a problem w\my rear and thighs. I have tried everything to minimize them, but nothing has ever worked. I have noticed since I have started this WOL that they have shrunk, and are smaller than I can ever remember.

It's weird.... my thighs and butt continue to change shape...it is amazing to me to see a body that I have lived in my whole life, but now have trouble recognizing...it's the new and improved me!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jul-22-04, 10:38

Plan: PP
Stats: 160/149/125 Female 66 in.
BF:
Progress: 31%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuleikaa
I used to have huge hips, I used to call them my jodpur thighs, lol!!, but Anne Gittleman's Fat Flush Plan took care of that. Though I gained weight this winter, my hips haven't come back.

I'm going to have to look into that plan! How long did it take to improve your hips and butt? I'm finding these parts extremely resistant to change. I wish that that fat would migrate - like to another continent! I think the problem is that I've been carting this booty around for 20 years and my body is resisting getting rid of it. I have declared war!

(just started working out, so finally took "before pics" of that area... facing it has left me feeling demoralized this morning... I think I'll have to password the folder with those photos LOL)
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jul-22-04, 12:16
Finding the Pieces

BF:

The plan is for only two weeks. In two weeks I lost two sizes in my hips!!

I modified Anne Gittleman's plan to be lc. I don't have the modified plan at work.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Jul-22-04, 12:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 211/211/175 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilary M

I haven't hit goal yet and am still not at all happy with the fat I'm carrying around, but I noticed that as I lost, it seems to come from my stomach and boobs LAST.

When I start losing, my boobs shrink fast! LOL! After nursing 3 kids and losing weight, my bust is smaller than it has ever been!!! I was bigger (and perkier) in high school when I weighed 130lbs! I also lose it in my face quickly, but my butt and belly linger behind!
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Jul-22-04, 12:33

Plan: PP
Stats: 160/149/125 Female 66 in.
BF:
Progress: 31%

Zuleika- I would be very interested to know what you did. If you have the time later could you please post it or PM me? I need hope for my hiney!
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Jul-22-04, 12:41

Zuleika- I would be interested to know what you did as well??

I know being women we are prone to having our fat stored in our buttocks and thighs, but I am just not ready to accept that...not w\out a fight!!!!.
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Jul-22-04, 12:52
Finding the Pieces

BF:

I'll post it tomorrow morning if not tonight.
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Jul-22-04, 13:08

Plan: Atkins/LC
Stats: 276.4/266.6/200 Female 5'8
BF:I've got some!!!
Progress: 13%

I am curious about the same thing, I seem to carry fat in my butt, mid-section, and my arms!!! My thighs have slimmed down alot to what they use to be like, I can almost cross my legs like a normal sized women (if you know what I mean)! I wait for the day that my thighs don't touch!! LOL!! Other then that my butt has shrunk alot and same with my wrist, I've also discovered that I have hip bones and collar bones!! They are great! I still have some back fat that I need to get rid of!!

Definetly the chest got smaller! Bummed about that!!
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Jul-22-04, 14:11

Plan: Generic LC
Stats: 212/157/135 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 71%

I have been the same weight for over 6 months. I would have to say that I have the same fat distribution that I did when I was heavy, it just shrunk all over proportionally. For me, once your trouble spots, always your trouble spots......
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Jul-22-04, 14:38

Plan: Yudkin
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 000
BF:
Progress: 100%

I was 137-140 lbs, and ruler shape most of my adult life. At 44 as a first sign of aging I gained very fast 35 lbs. (See my before picture - as a pregnant woman.)

Started to run last January, and lost the excess 35 lbs, without losing even ONE inch from my waistline, but losing from everywhere else. (For example half of my breasts.:-( ) Then while maintaning the 137-140 lbs, my waistline started to shrink. 4 months after reaching my goal weight, I got back my previous waist line, and breast size.

No, my story is not finished. This June (after maintainig the same weight for 10 months) I started a Slow Burn diet - to improve my running performance. As a side effect of this diet I started to lose weight again, this time the fat loss started in my waist line, it is shrinking, a definite hourglass shape is froming. I have the lowest weight and thinnest waist line of my adult life. Interesting way - and fortunately - I lose ONLY from my midsection, not from breasts, and not from my arm/leg muscles.

(More about this Slow Burn in my gym log, post #304, #321. )

Last edited by Galadriell : Thu, Jul-22-04 at 14:51.
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Jul-22-04, 15:56

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 225/200/130 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 26%

Ive lost 55lbs to date and I've lost quite a bit from all over. You can see the veins and tendons in my hands and arms, my shoulders are more defined. I've lost several inches from my legs, hips and stomach. Where I've noticed the most weight loss is in my breasts and waist. My breasts have shrunk from a 38C to a 36B. It's the most depressing thing. LOL! I'm still likin' the weight loss though!! Definitely! My waist is much more pronounced than it used to be.

~ Cori ~