Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jul-22-04, 04:49

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 333/199.8/172 Female 5'8"
BF:??/39.0/25
Progress: 83%

I've been reading quite a bit over in the exercise forum. All indications are that every day we should eat 1 gm of protein for every pound of lean mass we have...especially when we are exercising. Is anyone else trying that? For me, it means getting up to 30% protein. I'm finding it hard to get the protein up that high and still not eat too much food.

Mary, try to take in some faster carbs before lifting. I'm using a whey protein shake mixed in the blender with 4 oz. of cranberry juice and some crushed ice. They say you don't really need to count the carbs from pre lifting because the lifting burns them off immediately. Then after lifting, you want to immediately take in some slow protein...cottage cheese is what a lot of folks eat afterwards. I've been taking 2 gms of L-glutamine after lifting. And just started adding 2 gms to my shake before lifting. L-glutamine is an amino acid that helps with muscle cell repair. Some folks also take the L-glutamine before lifting, after lifting and then before going to bed at night. Oh, and get the powder form of L-glutamine, not the tablets. It's less expensive.