Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#106   ^
Old Tue, Jul-20-04, 11:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 130.5/119.5/115 Female 4'10.5"
BF:32%/32%/22%
Progress: 71%

Hey everyone,

Just got back from being gone for 4 days.

MamaS - I think that sounds great for vacation. Do you have any bands yet? I don't love them or anything but man they work out so well when you are on vacation and quite frankly I think they make the workout a bit more challenging sometimes.

Lowcarb - Yes I know they didn't get those results in one round because if you look on some other sites they've said the people did like one round of Si6 and then one of p90 etc. or a few rounds of one or the other. I think you'd have to already be in fairly good shape to get the results in 6 weeks they advertise. But the workouts definitely took some inches off me in 6 weeks just not as much as they claimed it would. But then again I didn't take any of their supplements or do their eating plan but I really didn't want to because I want to be in shape doing something I could see myself doing forever not just for six weeks eating"wise" anyway. But its possible some of the people did get their results in 6 weeks I just don't think its that likely.

Did P90x cardio Mon and p90x Arms and Shoulders and Ab ripper X today. Kicked my as# as usual but still lovin' it.

Jenny
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Wed, Jul-21-04, 05:53

Hello beachbodies,

Did Kenpo X today. Its basically a type of kickboxing. It kicked mine that's all I know. They were saying that Core Synergestics was the hardest of the workouts.....no.....Kenpo definitely takes the cake. But I am ever surprised by the intensity in these workouts. I love it and I hate it at the same time.

My body is looking better each and every day however my weight still hasn't changed but I guess that is a good thing. I'm exchanging fat and muscle and all that junk.....hopefully.

MamaS - hope you are having a good time on vacation if you are already gone!!!

jenny
  #108   ^
Old Wed, Jul-21-04, 11:11

Plan: Protein Power/Paleo
Stats: 188.5/169.5/145 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:way/too/much!
Progress: 44%

Jen---I'm not gone yet. Still VBSing this week. What a workout that is--being in the kitchen, making snacks for 125 people. This morning I slept an extra 1.5 hours. I really needed it.

Thanks for the reminder about the bands for vacation. My P90 came with one band, which I haven't used for a workout, but I think it is my level. DS is using 8 lbs. now, so we may take either the bands or just the 8 lb. db's.

I'm so glad you're enjoying P90X; it sounds awesome. Maybe I'll start squirrelling away $$ for it. DS was expressing some interest. I told him that when he can do P90 3/4 w/ 10-15lbs. I would buy P90X for him. But he probably won't find time for a wo after he starts "real" school this year (he's been homeschooled since the beginning). Uggghh. I sooo worry about what will happen to his "diet" at school. He's not great at home, but I can exercise some control of what he eats. At school, lunches are included w/ tuition and I'd hate to have to pack it every day when it's already paid for! I'll just have to give him some strict guidelines.

Gotta run! You rock, Jenny! I'm excited about the changes in your body---you'll have to send in your pics!
  #109   ^
Old Thu, Jul-22-04, 05:33

Hey,

MamaS - What a great idea, I think next year I'll volunteer for the kitchen. Althought there were 373 kids there this year, YIkes, I don't know if I could handle being around that many bananas and sprinkles and cookies etc. Sure beats standing in 90 degree weather all week like I did this year. I was a helper for the preschool outdoor activities. Oh my Gosh it was so friggin' hot.

Today I did Legs and Back in addition to Ab Ripper X. While the leg exercises weren't easy they weren't as challenging as I expected. There were a ton of pull ups and chin ups but I just cheated with a stool under me and used as much arm strenth as I could to do them. Ab Ripper is still KILLIN' me though.

I'm practicing my own control over my rotation. Meaning I'm sticking with P90x but doing it in whatever order I feel like that day, obviously not working the same muscles with weights everday though. To me this doesn't feel so much like torture as they SS rotation. But then again those workouts are so much a like it didn't matter what order i did them in I would've gotten bored.

Anyway hope you have a good time doin' BSS two today. I don't know when I'll be going back to FIRM. Maybe once you all kick me out of the firm forum for lack of doing it Don't get me wrong I do enjoy it but I'm into the beachbody thing for the summer atleast. My quads were getting a bit out of control with that box and fanny lifter. I guess those workouts I"ll have to use with others so that I don't get bigger in that area.

HOpe you are having a good day.

Jenny
  #110   ^
Old Fri, Jul-23-04, 05:24

Had to do the Slim and Limber stretch DVD before I could even begin to workout today. I was so tense and sore could barely get out of bed. Guess I'm gettin' old.

Then I did Core Synergestics. I like this one but isn't as high cardio as I might need. I keep telling myself I need to include the Yoga X but I just don't love Yoga its like Pilates to me "slow torture". And the one in P90x is 90 friggin' min. long. YIKES!

I was reading over on video fitness dot com that some people think P90x is so easy that they do other workouts in addition. Sheesh.....I can not even fathum that right now. Oh well I guess I have something to work towards but all I gotta say is they must not have kids cause about an hour and 15 min is all I have to dedicate to exercise every day. If they are doing another workout in addition to their p90x's then they are working out like 2 hours a day. WEll... more power to them....a little jealous, but not so much because at some pt its got to become a bit obsessive beyond reason. Oh well who knows maybe I do that to if I didn't have anything else to do. Dunno.

Anyway I hope you all are doing well. I know this thread is going to pick up at some point because I know a lot of people like BB stuff. I'll just keep bumpin' it up the forum so people will see it.

jenny
  #111   ^
Old Fri, Jul-23-04, 11:19

Stats: 184/173/140 Female 5'6''
BF:
Progress:
Default Si6

I just got my SI6.....I did start it up the first night and the last two I did ramp it up. In the book it says not to do the weights in the morning....anyone know why? I was getting up in the morning and my WATP tape for the last month and I was really enjoying it. Now the last two days I have done the first part of ramp it up in the morning and the rest at night? Is this what I should be doing?

Oh, and my body is sore from this tape.... I love it!

Thanks

Wendy
  #112   ^
Old Fri, Jul-23-04, 14:48

Stats: 320.0/282.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 21%
Smile Birthday Present to Me

Hi Guys!
Just finished reading through this thread again and thought I'd chime in - the P90 I ordered for my birthday arrived today! I'm reading the manual and I'll measure tonight and do the dreaded "Before" picture, but I did have a question about TKD or TDK? What is it and why is it important for me to do while I'm on the program? I'll try to do a little more sleuthing on the other exercise threads as well to find out. I'm excited about starting, but I'm ready to go!
  #113   ^
Old Sat, Jul-24-04, 03:41

Wendy - Im not sure why it says do not do ramp it up in the morning. But I'll tell ya that is the only time I workout because it is the only time I can. I don't remember reading that but I still would've anyway. Maybe they don't think you'll have enough energy or something because you wouldnt' have eatin'. If I am doing "real" weights workout I do get up earlier so that I can have food in me but for Si6 there isn't any really serious weight work so while I"m no expert I really don't see why you shouldn't be able to do that workout in its entirety in the morning.

Musicwoman - The reason why I personally have been doing TKD on weights days is because doing low carb, people have said, will not give your muscles what they need. There are a bunch of threads on here about TKD but in a nutshell you carb up before your workout (only on weights days NOT cardio days) and low carb the rest of the day to get back into ketosis. I'm still trying to get a grasp on it myself. (I don't think I"m ever in ketosis personally but I do know I need a bit extra to get through my workouts.) A lot of men (and women I guess) who weight train do something called CKD which is a lot more involved and requires carb ups for longer periods of time. Some people have said this doesn't work as well for women that is why I am trying TKD. Anyway of course it is a bit more "scientific" involving glucogen and muscles etc. But like I said I'm still figuring it all out myself. If you've read anything on the Beachbody site you know they do not promote Low carb at all so I figure TKD is the next best thing because I only eat my major carbs before my workout to use them up.

Not working out this morning, didn't wake up early enough to get it in before my yard sale so hopefully I'll be able to later or I'll use today as my rest day and workout tomorrow (my usual rest day).

Talk to ya later
Jenn
  #114   ^
Old Mon, Jul-26-04, 15:02

Stats: 320.0/282.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 21%
Post Thanks!

Thanks JBird for your answer:

Quote:
Musicwoman - The reason why I personally have been doing TKD on weights days is because doing low carb, people have said, will not give your muscles what they need. There are a bunch of threads on here about TKD but in a nutshell you carb up before your workout (only on weights days NOT cardio days) and low carb the rest of the day to get back into ketosis. I'm still trying to get a grasp on it myself. (I don't think I"m ever in ketosis personally but I do know I need a bit extra to get through my workouts.) A lot of men (and women I guess) who weight train do something called CKD which is a lot more involved and requires carb ups for longer periods of time. Some people have said this doesn't work as well for women that is why I am trying TKD. Anyway of course it is a bit more "scientific" involving glucogen and muscles etc. But like I said I'm still figuring it all out myself. If you've read anything on the Beachbody site you know they do not promote Low carb at all so I figure TKD is the next best thing because I only eat my major carbs before my workout to use them up.

I did my 3rd day of P90 and it sure is kicking my butt! I will try your advice to carb up before doing weights (circuits right?), my next circuit day will be Wednesday. Thanks again for the advice, I maybe in way over my head, but I'm not going to drown!
  #115   ^
Old Mon, Jul-26-04, 15:13

Musicwoman - you are most welcome. By the way I forgot to tell ya that (if you haven't looked into it further yet) that there are better forms of carbs to eat than others when doing the TKD. A lot of people use pure dextrose, such as the candy (US version) Smarties or Pixie Sticks. But I'd still look into it more and find out what works for you.

I actually did a Slim Series today. It wasn't bad since I made the decision to do it on my own (rather than being in a rotation) I'm already feeling the affects. I don't know what it is about those particular workouts but I ache every time I do them. I love it and hate it.

Jenny
  #116   ^
Old Thu, Jul-29-04, 10:23

Plan: atkins
Stats: 235/149/135 Female 5 feet 3.5 inch
BF:39 %/28%/
Progress: 86%
Talking

Ok I am back just finished my first month of power 90 and I am happy to say that I lost 5 inch around my waist 1 on my thigh and 1 around my bust and 1 around my arms., I only went down 3lbs this month but I can see a difference in the mirror I look firmer like my fat has sifted to better locations

I am going to continue and will post before and after photo's, my daughter is going to start this week also and see what is does for her body.
  #117   ^
Old Mon, Aug-02-04, 06:19

Stats: 191.2/161.4/140 Female 5' 10"
BF:no clue/28.46%/:)
Progress: 58%

Hi I just wanted to post an update!!! I'm starting my fourth week of slim series (slim training rotation) and I have had great results! I've already lost four pounds and a slew of inches. My size tens are starting to feel very loose and as a size eight is my ideal size, I am totally exicted!!

Anyways, that's my good news! How's everyone else?
  #118   ^
Old Tue, Aug-03-04, 07:11

Emmsy - That is awesome!!! Now that I'm not doing the rotation anymore I like to throw the "SS's" in. They are a really unique way of working out that DEFINITELY works. I just got too sick of it during the six weeks. But that is so awesome its working out for ya. Keep us updated.

Caj - That is good for you also with the p90!!!! You all are getting some awesome results!! I guess I need to take a better look at my eating. Because while I definitely have a great fitness level I'm not seeing the same results you all are even doing P90x. Its gotta be that I'm taking in too many calories or maybe its just genetics but regardless I you both give me some serious modivation!!!

Anyway I'm on vacation right now so if you don't see me for a few days that is why.

jenny
  #119   ^
Old Tue, Aug-03-04, 07:51

Plan: Protein Power/Paleo
Stats: 188.5/169.5/145 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:way/too/much!
Progress: 44%

Hey there! Back from my vacation and a couple of lbs. heavier, but not too bad. Just at the top of my "range." I'm having serious addiction problems now--last night was my anniversary and dd made a "wedding cake" for us. I actually ate 2 slices, since I was off my diet anyway. So now it is back to being serious, but I didn't work out this a.m. because dh and I went to a very late movie and didn't get to sleep til after midnight! Back to serious work tomorrow.

Emmsy and Caj, you are doing great. I wish I could stick with the P90 for 90 days to see what would happen. But I don't think it is tough enough for me. I'd love to get P90X! Motivate me to try it for 90 days---and then maybe dh will get me the X for Christmas.
  #120   ^
Old Tue, Aug-03-04, 19:42

Mamasara - Don't feel too bad. I'm sitting here kickin' myself because I actually bought fudge today. How idiotic is that!!! Fully intending to give it to my grandmother who was too tired to come to dinner....guess who ate half of a HUGE slice all by herself...hmmmm I don't know what it is about vacation and fudge but the last time I went on vacation in New Orleans I did the same thing. And what i don't even understand is....I hated fudge before recently. Oh well tommorow is another day and I guess two cheats in 7 months isn't all that bad but it really does show me how bad my addicition is. Once I start in on that stuff I think I could eat til its completely gone. Its sickening honestly.

But on the bright side because of the fudge I let myself have a chocolate martini tonight too and that was well worth the guilt.

This is a fairly stressful vacation with the weather being like this. Trying to keep the babies happy indoors for the most part. And the fact my husband isn't here I'm with my mom and my sister and while they do try and help they are both pretty tuckered out after one go 'round with the kids. So I guess I don't feel so bad that I'm completely and utterly exhausted by the end of the day if they can't even handle it in short bursts. On top of all this though we are staying with my uncle who is 50 a bachelor and isn't real fond of kids....that alone is stressful.

But only 4 more days to go. I pray the weather gets better. You all keep up the good work. I'm gonna go into the kitchen right now and put some water on that fudge and throw it away. ..........I think

Jenny