Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-20-04, 14:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/179.8/130 Female 5'4.75"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default From Daily to Weekly Support Group Thread? 7/20 - 7/25

How would everyone like it if we changed it from our daily support to our weekly support group thread?

I just think we would get more information out of a weekly thread than a daily one. If you like this idea please join in and we can start the next week on the 25th or the 26th.

I have been extremely concentrating on my lifting more than my diet but still alive and kicking CADer. I have had the Dannon LC yougurt a few times for breakfast and it doesn't seem to bother me, but I think I will stick with boiled eggs because I need the protien.

Hope to see others join in
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-20-04, 17:35

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 162/153/145 Female 5 feet, 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

I like boiled eggs for breakfast, too - it seems to stick with me better than other LC options (although the very best seems to be a chunk of good, organically raised, beef liver, which will carry me right through till 1 or 2 in the afternoon w/o hunger pangs at all - that's just me!).

I'm kinda stalled out, I think I need to make sure I get at least one large salad daily to keep things moving right along.

take care, everyone!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jul-20-04, 20:02
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

I like the idea of a weekly thread. I liked the daily too, but it is too much to keep up with for me.
Still eating my eggs for breakfast. I was away all last week, and stayed on plan most of the time. The three "banquet" type have-to-be-there meals were mostly carb. I made them into a RM, a very carb heavy RM. Then I had CMs for the other meals, and it seemed to work out. When it was out of my control, I did the best I could. And the best laid plans sometimes don't work: yes, there was a fridge in the room, but it was broken and could not be fixed despite our calls, so no food in the room. Oh well.
See you -
Eno
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jul-20-04, 23:01

BF:

Oh, yeah, Sunday was a bridal shower - it was tough, what with the champagne, coconut cake, finger sandwiches, etc. I went fed, but I did have one glass of champagne and two small finger sandwiches. I ate before I went, so I really wasn't hungry for the cake or cookies.

Oh, and there were stuffed mushrooms, they were pretty darn tasty!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jul-21-04, 06:07

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Good idea,

I think this will work out better than the daily forums too.

I'm doing just fine. I went out for dinner and a movie with my sister and a friend last night. My sister and I were talking about how I used to be, before I started CAD. It was a real walk down memory lane. Just going to Brantford, where I was meeting them, about half an hour drive after work, I would have stopped off for something to eat on the way. And the booth in the restaurant and the movie seat would have been 'issues'. So many small changes. It is good for me to think back like that from time to time.

We saw Farenheit 9/11... interesting, but not exactly 'entertaining', if you know what I mean. Movies are cheap in Brantford, though
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jul-21-04, 07:24

BF:

Vel, glad it's working out so well for you! I know I carry small snacks even now (string cheese keeps well w/o refrigeration, at least for a couple of hours) - but nothing like the constant stream of carbs that I used to require around me!

(I'm no sure how a booth and a movie seat would be issues .... probably don't need to know .... but I'm really glad that they are no longer issues for you!)
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jul-21-04, 08:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/179.8/130 Female 5'4.75"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Just wanted to say Good Morning everyone!! I had a nice 2 hour walk last night and I am back down to 132 today.

Hope Everyone has a good day!!!!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jul-21-04, 08:53

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Vicki,

It's a big 'issue' when you can't fit into a booth or a movie seat! Luckily you found LC and will never have to experience that.. it's the pits!

Have a good day everybody.
Tracy
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Jul-22-04, 00:15

Plan: CAD
Stats: 171/146.0/133 Female 5'4" and 1/4
BF:
Progress: 66%

Hi everyone. Hope the week is going well for you! I'm doing all right, this week was midterms for me and it's almost over...I've been trying to get back on CAD for good after a week of starting and stopping, and I just finished my second day. I'm not even hungry at the moment, I think the cravings have finally left!
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Jul-22-04, 15:55

Plan: CAD
Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Progress: 85%

I think weekly is good...then I can catch up without having to search through so many daily threads since I can get on everyday

Great on the cravings Sango!
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Jul-22-04, 18:46

Plan: CAD,calorie deficit
Stats: 303/277.8/160 Female 66 inches
BF:49%
Progress: 18%

Hi everyone

Hope you are doing well. I know exactly what you mean about the movie seats Tracy, same thing with rides at amusement parks. Being this heavy really steals alot of fun times away!!! Glad you are enjoying "fitting" now lol.
Have a good night everyone, Tammy
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Jul-23-04, 13:04
Recovering Yo-Yo

Plan: What's best for me
Stats: 291.6/147/164 Female 5'8"
BF:A work in progress
Progress: 113%

Happy Friday everyone!

Just taking a quick time out from fence painting in the back yard.

I can relate to the movie theater seats....the restaurant booths....the amusement park rides.....the plastic lawn chairs....yikes, my list is endless. I'm thankful for the small changes in my body that don't make social settings so painful...literally....physically...and mentally. It can be such a struggle!

Have a terrific weekend everyone!