Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-16-04, 07:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 150/150/125 Female 5'4"
BF:49/24/??
Progress: 0%
Default Go back to induction ?

I am wondering if I should go back to induction levels and then gradually increase my carb intake up to a point where I am still losing at about 2 - 3 lbs per week.

You see I have become lazy and am not counting my carbs, naughty,naughty, I have only been losing about 1 - 2 lbs every 2 - 3 weeks, in fact most weeks I don't even lose any weight, thank goodness I haven't been gaining, but I want to get the weight loss moving again, I have taken up soccer / football again, but right now that is only 1 2 hr practive a week untill the season starts.

I am re-commiting myself today to induction levels for 2 weeks to get me back on track, I am drinking 4 - 6 litres a day of water, and eating good fatty food, no sugar, no bars, no ice-cream that might be stalling me.

Back to Fitday and back to visiting here alot and soaking up the support I need to lose.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jul-16-04, 09:22

Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

The rate of loss will slow down as you get closer to your goal. You could do Induction levels, but don't expect the same kind of losing you got the first time.

The whole idea of the LC plans is to learn, over time, to reintroduce carbs of the good kind (not sugars & starches) so you can stay without gaining weight forever.

It IS a great idea to commit to following the plan exactly, even if somewhat higher than at Induction level. Carbs can creep in if we're not vigilant. All the best of success. I hope you see some pounds gone soon.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jul-16-04, 09:31

My goal right now is no where near my ideal weight medically, I now the loss will slow, but I hope to go back and restart, then add the carbs back slowly, instead of allowing the carb creep to happen.

I now where the carb creep has happend for one, our back yard blueberries are a bumper crop this year, and I have been grazing like a black bear when I'm in the back yard (every evening). I should take a mearsuring cup with me and then I will now exactly how much I am consuming, also the our logan berries have been excellent this year as well.

This time it will be easier.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jul-16-04, 09:43

Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

I envy you your backyard. Sounds as though you are determined. Do blueberries freeze? I guess as sauce or pie filling- with SPlenda, of course.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jul-16-04, 10:05

Yes, blueberries can be frozen, they are yummy eaten frozen and plain, like little freezies.

I just eat them plain, no sweetner needed, right off the bush.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jul-16-04, 10:07

1 cup = 16 carbs approx., that is a huge carb creap.