Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-14-04, 06:35

Plan: South Beach(Phase III)
Stats: 235/187/190 Male 6'
BF:
Progress: 107%
Default Who's still around?

Over the six months I've been around this forum I've seen a lot of people come and a lot go. Just thought I would see who is still around, are you still on SBD, have you lost weight, have you switched to another plan, have you just given up, etc.?

While I don't post as much as I used to, I still check the forum faily often. I guess the reason I don't post as much is that I've met my goal and don't need as much support or inspiration. SBD really has become a WOL for me now. I'm finding it easy to maintain my weight and am really happy with the wide range of food choices I have at this point. I don't want or crave for anything.

Anyway, the SBD forum has seemed kind of empty and lonely lately. I just thought it would be interesting to see who is still out there.

Bill
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jul-14-04, 08:56
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

I'm here!! Just wrote you a note in my journal

Thanks for stopping by as your timing is amazing and I need you!!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jul-14-04, 09:39
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 250/210/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 44%

For what it's worth, I'm still here. Still losing as well - now down 29 pounds and am very happy.

It has been very quiet here lately, but then I think most poster here are on Atkins or some other plan and just not very many "Beachers". Anyways, I do check in at least daily, although I don't really post all that often.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jul-14-04, 12:34

Plan: Undecided atm
Stats: 162/000/115 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 345%

I'm still here.... blowing up like a whale.. Nah not really, I am 31 weeks pregnant now and have gained only 15 lbs. I am doing maint. phase of whatever... I tend not to count the carbs anymore and the fact that I am vegetarian means that I fit more into the SBD plan I think. I do use full fat cheeses still although for cottage, mayo, cream cheese, sour cream, yogurt and stuff like that I use low fat (I'm not a big cheese eater really though). I tend to hang a little on both boards although my weight was technically lost with Atkins. How's maint. treating you Bill? Are you finding it easy to maintain or are you still losing?

Jenn
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jul-15-04, 13:22

Stats: 310/216/225 Male 6'-4"
BF:34/20/20
Progress: 111%

I don't post as much because my weight loss has slowed to around 3 pounds per month. I'm pretty happy though...

I've lost 72 POUNDS since November 8, 2003!

Easily sticking with Phase 2. Never cheat.

My worst sin has been Blue Bunny Low Carb Crunch Ice Cream Bars! (have 1 or 2 a week).

I'll never go back to that high-sugar , high-flour, pasta, potato lifestyle!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jul-15-04, 13:42

Plan: South Beach(Phase III)
Stats: 235/187/190 Male 6'
BF:
Progress: 107%

Bill L,

When I first started SBD and found this forum, your posts and the amount of weight you had lost at that time really inspired me. In fact one of your posts was thing thing that made me reallize that maybe...just maybe...SBD was for real.

72lbs...that's a lot of weight you have lost...congrats...glad you are still on track and losing weight.

Anyway, thought I would say THANKS for those early posts and inspiring me to really make SBD work.

Bill
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jul-15-04, 17:59

Plan: TKD - semi low carb
Stats: 260/238/210 Male 76
BF:??%/28%/15%
Progress: 44%

I'm still sort of doing South Beach - although basically low carb aspect with carb refeeds around weight training. I'm down about 20 lbs.

Great loss Bill!
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jul-16-04, 12:52
SeeMyself

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Cool

Hi Bill!

I am still here.... I feel guilty posting sometimes, I had gotten down to 172 and then went on a carb feed, (I am an emotional eater) and when that happens there's no stopping me till I eat myself sick Now, I am at my highest weight and have to take off the same stupid pounds again......

I have, from reading posts seen what's been working for some and not working for some as far as woe, now if I can just apply it to me!

I have been back on track again and I do feel better eating better and it has been nice that some of the crud carbs I use to eat, I don't crave them anymore, not so much for the mental/physical craving, but just because I am really seeing how they are "empty foods"

So, slow but sure, I'll get there someday!!

#9   ^
Old Sat, Jul-17-04, 19:22
Contributing Member

Stats: 212/167/150 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 73%

Hey there! I love the South Beach Diet and hopefully will never go back to the old WOE!!!!! I have 15 more pounds to go, and it seems like these are the hardest!!!!! I am so happy though, my Doctors visit went well, he was the one who put me on SB and I will NOT have to go on Blood Pressure pills!!! YIPPEE!!!!!!!! I have joined a challenge , losing 10 lbs in 10 weeks, and that is where I have been posting and looking at mostly. Most of the people there are Adkins but that is awesome to me too!!!! Just so much support from everyone, I am so happy to have found you guys!!!!!!!