Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-10-04, 13:51

Plan: Somersize
Stats: 291.5/259/135 Female 66 inches
BF:off the scale
Progress: 21%
Default FM 35 Beginner 280lbs looking for like friend

Hi,
I have been studying, reading the book and threads and am about to begin this life-style change, praying it to last forever.
I don't want to fail this time and I know that the hardest thing to do is to start.
I am a Christian. Happily married with 3 children and I work at home. I suffer from a few illness that had me bedridden or next to for about 3 years. I am happy to report that I am almost completely recovered. Thanks to the Lord. I would like to have a female friend that has been successful enough to truly help and encourage me along this path.
I have to cut out carbs for my health sake! Everyday that I eat carbs I suffer three days with pain and fatique terribly. But you know the rollar coaster effect. I can't seem to get off of it.
I sure hope someone serious responds. I would be happy to have you on my buddy list of yahoo if it seems we hit off nicely.

Thank you,
jimsbride
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-13-04, 20:13

Plan: Keto <38 carbs daily
Stats: 316/287.2/132 Female 64
BF:Isn't It Obvious?!
Progress: 16%

Well, I'm not successful enough to be your 'guide' through lo carbing, but I am where you are at in terms of weight and I'm starting over again. I also have 2 kids. I do know what you can and can't eat, since I have done lo carbing before and have read all the books. If you want to chat and be buddies, just come to my journal... Good luck losing weight!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Aug-01-04, 22:58

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 325.4/228/175 Female 5'7
BF:mostly!
Progress: 65%

Well, i have been LC'ing off and on for years. have been very successful in thepast. I have been off the wagon for almost a year though,and have regained, but I am gonna do this!!
I am a 57 year old mom and grandma, with a young husband, so maybe I can be a bit of encouragement to ya! i do know the plan inside and out, I was an atkins fan in 1985 when everyone thought it was unhealthy..I lost 70 pounds then and kept it off for 2 years! So, I know it works,,,if we work it!!
hang in there, you can do it!! And we are all here to help!
I am a yahoo buddy too,,,