Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-14-03, 09:59
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 270/262/170 Female 5'4"
BF:270/261/170
Progress: 8%
Default Carb Solutions Products?

I ran across a product Called CArb Solutions at my local walmart. I bought a 2 oz bag of Nacho Cheese Chips. 2 seving per bag, 5g fat, 3g carbs (1g sugar) per serving. Has anyone tried this product? Is this too good to be true? Chips!!!

Last edited by asgoodlett : Mon, Apr-14-03 at 10:41.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-03, 08:57

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

i have not tried the chips, not seen them in stores before. i have tried the protein bars though. not great, but eatable for those times when you need one.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-03, 11:40

Plan: eat fat get thin
Stats: 212/212/128 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Whoa! Did you say nacho cheese chips?!?!?!?
I've eaten the protein bars (they're by the pharmacy), but didn't see the chips. Guess I'll be heading over there today!
Thanks for the tip!
Kris
P.S. Apparently some people stall on these kinds of products. So far it doesn't seem to be a problem for me.

Also, try the La Tortilla low carb tortillas! Perfect for eggs and tuna fish sandwiches or whatever! They really do taste good. My very picky husband even likes them. You can find them at Trader Joe's or order them on Netrition.com
A little pricey, but so worth it.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-03, 13:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/180/155 Female 5'4"
BF:57.2%/45%/25%
Progress: 58%

Hi

I have tried the nacho chips and also the bbq chips...they are great. I also occasionally have a Carb Solutions high protein chocolate drink with 2 grams ECC which is excellent.

I would think the chips would be great but not on an every day basis. I believe we are trying to change the way we eat and that means less snacking and more eating good carbs and proteins. Anybody agree?

Rose
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-03, 19:04

Stats: 223/163/145 Female 5'5"
BF:?/25%/23%
Progress: 77%
Unhappy Carb Solutions products

I have tried Carb Solutions shakes and did not like them at all. However, I really like the Keto shakes powder mix with ice and a little SF syrup and they are great.

The bars did bad.......bad things to me. I'll stick with the Atkins bars.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-03, 20:47

Stats: 210/150/145 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 92%

I've tried the chips and thought they are gross. I was dissapointed.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Apr-17-03, 14:30

Plan: WebMD w/LC choices
Stats: 322/297/199 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 20%

I, too, found the Carb Solutions chips to be gross. I have also tried the Atkins Crunchers- they weren't too bad. I found that I did like, for a crunchy snack, Keto Chips (Ranch flavored) and Juste the Cheese baked cheese chips.

Nikki
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Apr-17-03, 21:21

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 180/151/125
BF:
Progress: 53%
Talking

I have the carbsense soy torillia chips here, buy have not tried them yet as I went on induction, I will let you know how they are.

They have 8 net carbs for 18 chips, kinda high, but are supposed to be very good ??? got them at www.lowcarbdepot.ca

If you like cheese, I nuke a cheese slice on a plate in the microwave for 1 minute, really crunchy, great with tuna salad for a change. Cant take credit for it, got it off a recipe site.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-03, 00:25

Plan: HCG/LCHF
Stats: 224/201/190 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 68%

#10   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-03, 00:55
Montana MaMa

Plan: My own lc
Stats: ***/***/140 Female 5'7"
BF:***
Progress: 26%

I agree with you Rose, I just tried the nacho cheese ones today, theyre not too bad, they'll do when youre in a munchy pinch! But I dont want to get carried away with them. I want to change my eating habits, so this will only be an occasional indulgence.

Shannon

Last edited by shama : Fri, Apr-18-03 at 01:00.
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-03, 01:54

Stats: 224/200/175 Female 5 ft 9 in
BF:who/gives/a crap
Progress: 49%

I have tried the carb solutions milk chocolate and milk chocolate w/almonds bars and both weren't bad. I agree with Tiggerdy - the "Just the Cheese" baked snacks are awesome! They are my favorite snack considering I am cheese lover. But they are pretty pricey - $3.49 for a small package at my local "Low Carb Mall" store! But they have a lot of different flavors.
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Jul-07-04, 15:18

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 333/199.8/172 Female 5'8"
BF:??/39.0/25
Progress: 83%

I just tried the Carb Solutions High Protein Nacho Chips and thought they were excellent. They hit the spot for something crunchy to eat at the movie theater. I don't know if they've changed the forumula since the last time anyone posted, but my 18 yr old daughter and I both thought these were really good.
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Jul-07-04, 18:23
Registered Member

Plan: atkins maintenance
Stats: 147/137/ Female 5'7.5"
BF:
Progress:
Default chips

i'm a chip-a-holic!
thought i'd give you my impressions since i try almost every brand/kind i see.

doritos edge products: decent
chips taste 'soy-ish'; grittier than regular dorito chips. the dorito flavors taste almost exactly the same. edge tostidos were just about as good as normal tostidos. can't say as nice things for the cheetos. not bad/not good. pricey though, like $3. (7 servings in bag)

trader joe flaxseed chips: great
they're heavy/thick, and not really a "tortilla" chip if that's what you're looking for. more like a "chip" cracker (? it's hard to explain) but, they taste great. you can build serious nachos with them! cheap...under $2 a bag (15 servings in bag)

trader joe low carb corn chips (NOT nacho cheese!! those suck): great
if you don't like the flax chips, these will be your best friend. by far the best chip to taste like a plain-old tortilla chip to come out, imho. less 'soy-ish' than the other soy chips i've tried. light and crispy. cheap...under $2 a bag, too. (15 servings)

garcia's low carb chips: good
i'd take these in a pinch, anyday, and take them over the dorito tostidos. they're more "thick/sturdy" or something than the dorito edge products, and less grainy. pricey, pricey though. stores near me have them at $3.49 a bag (?? servings. forgot to look, but bag's roughly equal to edge products and smaller than trader joe products)

carb solutions chips: could live without 'em
not bad, just not as good as other stuff that's out there now. also, as all carb options products are, they cost a bit too much (imho) for what you get.

just the cheese "chips": strong, but really tasty good
if you don't mind loads of cheese taste, these are good snacks. but again, they're "chips" made from just cheese and seasonings, so they're pretty heavy in flavor. the texture is somewhere between a chip and a rice cake. not sure if they're technically "expensive" since they're cheese, rather than some kind of soy/grain/flour derivitive, but the cost is high. you can find them at walgreens/longs/rite aid sometimes for about $2, but i've seen them as high as $4. the package is like 2 or 3 oz!!

atkins crunchers: ok
if someone else had bought them, i'd eat them. but bang-for-the-buck wise, i'm not impressed. i think they're now outdated with better tasting things, but were a great idea at the start and still taste pretty ok in a pinch. i never seem to be all that "filled" after eating them, though. also expensive.

keto chips: haven't tried because i haven't seen them.
i don't shop locarb stores, so if it doesn't show up at the local grocery, whole foods, trader joes, or drug store, i don't get to it.
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Jul-15-04, 20:06

Plan: My own plan
Stats: 256/199/160 Female 5 feet, 8 inches
BF:way/too/much!
Progress: 59%
I've tried the Carb Solutions nacho cheese chips and they're not bad. I like the barbecue-flavored ones better. The Atkins chips taste too dry and salty for me.

My local H.E.B. grocery store now stocks some of the Just the Cheese products. The white cheddar- and the pizza-flavored ones are good, but these snacks are a little pricey for me. I eat them as an occasional treat.

Anicka65
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Jul-16-04, 19:51

Stats: 223/163/145 Female 5'5"
BF:?/25%/23%
Progress: 77%

Just went to Costco and bout a box of Carb Solutions apple crisp and cin bun granola bars...about 2 carbs per bar. Did not try yet will let you know.