Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Reply  Back to story:  Rachelle's Story

View Article Article tools
  #16   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 16:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 265/247.5/145 Female 5'4.25"
BF:50%/46%/15%
Progress: 15%

Such an AMAZING Story Rach...I'm getting all emotional Thanks for sharing. I know that must have been difficult.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 18:18

Plan: ??
Stats: 135/???/120 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%

I hope you now how proud I am of you babydoll! You've come so far and have made so many steps forward in only a year...in more ways than weight alone. The forum just wouldn't be the same vivrant place without you around. I hope you know that you have given back as much as you have gleaned!

--Cindy
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 18:31

Plan: paleoish
Stats: 130/104/105 Female 5'1"
BF:-
Progress: 104%

Wow Rachelle, what a story! I had no idea. I'm really proud of you!

*hugs*

Serre
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 18:32
~version 2.0~

Stats: 186/173/145 Female 62 inches
BF:YES.
Progress: 32%

You guys have no idea how happy all your comments have made me.. i was so hesitant to post this story.. as i was afraid that my drug related past would change your opinions of me.. thank you so much for accepting me

You're the best!!!!!
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 21:03

Plan: M/E
Stats: 220/135.6/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 99%
Talking I am proud of you!

Wow Rachelle~ I thank you for sharing your story. You are a true inspiration! Your such a beautiful person inside and out. Your talents are many and you care, and for that I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Keep up the great work Rachelle! I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo very proud of you!
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-04, 11:47
Contributing Member

Plan: lowcarb .
Stats: 160/141/127 Female 5'6"
BF:it"s for SALE!
Progress: 58%

wow, you are truely awesome. It took great strength to change your life.
Thanks for sharing your story.

hugs..cin
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-04, 12:15
weighing in....

Plan: BFL
Stats: 245/225/200 Female 5' 10"
BF:Why, yes, yes I do
Progress: 44%
Thumbs up

Wow Ra....

What an amazing journey that you've had. It takes even more courage to share it out here with the world. It's great to see how you've made this change in your life and what a successful committment you've made.

You certainly deserve a round of applause!

You keep up with that positive outlook and the world is yours!

Kiks
  #23   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-04, 15:54

Plan: My Own Plan
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 6 ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 52%

Rachelle,
I am very proud of you for posting your story. Thank you for opening up and sharing with us. You have come so far and have so much to be proud of. No matter where life takes you, whatever path you choose, don't ever settle, Rachelle. Choose the best...you deserve it!

You are inspiration to so many on this board, including me. Thanks for being a friend to me and so many here. Keep smiling girl!

Linda
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-04, 19:38
«º°¤§µgä&§pïcꤰº»

Plan: LC Paleo/IF
Stats: 185/161/142 Female 66 inches (5'6")
BF:All over
Progress: 56%

You did it Chelle!!! I'm so proud of you!!!

Thank you for sharing sweetie. I know how hard it is to share ones past sometimes...nobody is perfect..we all mess up..but, it's important to learn from those mistakes..some do and some don't...but, YOU did!! You perfected yourself. Look at you now hun......you are stunning..an amazing girl inside and out!!! On top of that you've got the sweetest..kindest...caring...overall great personality to match. You are just so lovable. And soooo damn talented!! Love your drawings.

You Rock!!

Hugs&Muaaaaah!

~D~
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Jun-08-04, 05:12

Stats: 201/165.8/145 Female 5'9 inches
BF:
Progress: 63%

OMG, RAH!! How come i'm only now reading your story?? I swear, tears are welling up in my eyes 1. bc i know you and you are a true friend to me and 2. noone would ever guess that YOU went thru struggles like that. You are always so perky and so kind and so fabulous and loving and...need i say more? Girl, I am so proud of you for coming so far. I wish you could tell me how you got over your drug problem so I could share the knowledge with my sister and brother and help them also to get on the path of healing. Success stories here are usually only about weightloss but your story is the best i've read so far bc it's about saving a life.

Love ya
Tasha

(((((walks away with fresh tears and a smile of pride written all over her face))))))))
  #26   ^
Old Tue, Jun-08-04, 08:31
~version 2.0~

Stats: 186/173/145 Female 62 inches
BF:YES.
Progress: 32%

Tasha...... thank you so much for reading my story.. and for telling me that it might help someone close to you...

to answer your question:

I really can't say "HOW" i got thru it.. i guess i just came to the realization.. that i cared if i woke up.. i was sick of making prayers to God at 9a.m.. while i lay there trying to fall asleep and stop shaking .. saying.. it would be the last time.. and please if he let me fall asleep and live.. i'd never do it again...
Enough of those prayers and i think you start to tempt fate. I knew after 2 yrs of them... that eventually it wouldn't work.

Also i had a very worried family.. i stopped caring about my job.. i would take off and not call.. and actually moved to FL to "escape" life for awhile...

I would say that the one true reason was that i had people who cared about me and still believed in me. I had God in my life.. and i had family... Those things still count.

No one can change someone by telling them to change.. as we all know from weight loss stand points.. it has to be internal.. and it has to be because they think that they are worth it.
All you can do is support them and love them.. regardless their choices.. tough love is acceptable.. sometimes it's the only eye opener

I hope that helped...
Muahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Jun-08-04, 20:38

Stats: 201/165.8/145 Female 5'9 inches
BF:
Progress: 63%

Thanks sweetie!! Knowledge is Power!!
  #28   ^
Old Wed, Jul-07-04, 15:40
Bad Girl Queen

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 388/388/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Talking

Girl, you have been thru so much and you have come out being a beautiful person inside and out!!!! You are such an inspiration to soooo many people here!!! You are AWESOME Chelle!!!!!

Hugs~
  #29   ^
Old Tue, Aug-03-04, 05:53

Plan: Atkins 72 Version
Stats: 175.5/123.5/115 Female 5'3 I grew an Inch!
BF:??/21%/19-20%
Progress: 86%

You've done awesome!!!!!
  #30   ^
Old Mon, Aug-09-04, 10:15
Princess Perseverant

Plan: general LC - pregnant
Stats: 250/157/157 Female 5 foot 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

rachelle hon,

don't know why i've never read your success story but clicked through to it now. after what you wrote in my journal today, and reading this... wow, you are one strong, fantastic woman.

please don't think we would judge you by where you have been. many people get to very low places in their life, and many choose drugs; all it shows is the tremendous strength you had to break out of that life.

i personally may have never had a joint or even a cigarette in my life (*such* a good girl ) but i have three first cousins who were heavy into drugs, including coke, and one of them ended up a heroin addict. i can't tell you what a miracle it is but all three of them cleaned themselves up 100% and are now living happy, drug free lives. it's incredible.

i echo what everyone else said; you looked lovely in your before pics, but you look simply stunning in the after pics. fabulous curves hon, but it's also that wonderful smile that is visible at all times.

you da best!

xx

deb