Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Jun-28-04, 19:49
Amazonian Princess

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 310/310/155 Female 5' 7"
BF:i/have/some
Progress: 0%

Day One this week (with a little help from my trainer)

5 minutes elliptical warm-up
60 minutes weight machines -- increase weights & reps!!!
20 minutes treadmill + 5 min cooldown

I so did NOT want to go today...simply because I worked earlier than usual this morning (and will be for the next 3 weeks...7:15-3:45! yuck!) and when I got home my bed was calling for me LOUD!!! But, I had a 7:00 appt w/Kristin, so I couldn't miss! I'm glad I went....it was a great work out....she really puched me, but not so hard that I'm injured. Extra ab crunches too...I'll feel those tomorrow when I laugh, I'm sure!

Thanks Eva & Dawn for not making me feel like a jerk because I want to work out alone!! You guys rock!!

I have 3 appts w/Kristin this week (m,w,f) and I'm going to try my hardest to get there tomorrow and Saturday too (Thursday's Canada Day and I think the gym's closed....and it's DH & my day off together) .....so I'm really shooting for FIVE days this week.....keep your fingers crossed for me!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Jun-28-04, 20:24

Plan: Yudkin
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 000
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kath310

I so did keep your fingers crossed for me!
I will . Great job! It seems that you are lucky with your trainer, she must be an inspiration.
Have fun on Canada Day (is Friday workday again?). Any special program with hubby?

Eva

Last edited by Galadriell : Tue, Jun-29-04 at 09:36.
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-04, 21:15
coffee...yum!

Plan: Who knows
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'6
BF:oh/my/gosh
Progress: 22%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kath310
Thanks Eva & Dawn for not making me feel like a jerk because I want to work out alone!! You guys rock!!

I'm sure I must look like a snob too! When someone starts chatting to me...I just nod and smile...all the while in my head I'm like...'go away! go away....go and be buggin someone who cares!!!'

Thats the way...uh huh....uh huh....I like it...uh huh....uh huh........... ..
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-04, 21:24
Amazonian Princess

Just a quick entry before I head to bed.

Made it to the gym.....27 minutes on elliptical + 5 minutes cool down.....yes, 32 minutes...planned on just 30, but I was SO CLOSE to burning 400 cal's, I just had to stay on the extra 2 minutes to burn a total of 407 calories.

I'm such a geek!

Guys, thanks again for your kind words! You're too sweet!!

Found out today, the gym IS open on Thursday, so maybe I can get a workout in after all! Yay!!

Eva, yes, my trainer is a Godsend! She's awesome and we really get along...someday I hope to look like her! And Friday IS a workday (yuk!) ....DH and I don't have any major plans, just looking forward to spending some time together for a change!

2 days down, at least 2 more to go!

Last edited by kath310 : Tue, Jun-29-04 at 21:47.
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Jun-30-04, 17:23
Amazonian Princess

Day 3 this week...

13 minutes elliptical warm up (10 + 3 "cool down")
60 minutes weights...including new killer ab things, ugh!!
37 minutes elliptical (30 + 7 minutes cool down to make it to 450 calories...I'm a nerd!)

All in all, a great work out....at the gym for 2 hours! Yipes!! I'm one of "those" people now! haha!

Well, have to go pick DH up from work and run some errands as all our stores are closed tomorrow for Canada day!

3 down, at least 1 more to go...PT scheduled for Friday
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Jun-30-04, 21:07
coffee...yum!

2 hours!?!?!?!?! That is so awesome!! I could never ever in a million years see me actually work out for that long!!!!

You've come a long way baby! (O.K. so its the slogan of a cigarette...but it fits!!!) You have come a looooooong way!!! Congrats and keep up the great work!!!!!
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Jul-01-04, 19:38
Amazonian Princess

Happy Canada Day!

Ok, didn't make it to the gym today, but DH and I took a 60 minute walk down around the pier and the fair at Port Dalhousie....last year the walk down there about killed me and I was popping Advil like there was no tomorrow!

I was just sitting here watching the Britney Spears concert (I'm such a geek!) and decided that even though I didn't go to the gym, I could at least do my ab exercises....so just did 3 sets of those (killer!) ....DH tried one, then said how proud of me he is. He's so cute!

But, it's back to the gym tomorrow!
  #23   ^
Old Fri, Jul-02-04, 17:13
Amazonian Princess

Day 4 of the gym this week!

5 minute warm up, elliptical
60 minutes strength training including those killer ab things!
30 minutes elliptical + 5 minutes cool down

Really rough cardio today....same resistance, pace, time....but I felt like giving up after 5 minutes! What the? It really bothered me...but I kept going (mainly because I didn't want to post on here that I could only complete 5 minutes....thanks guys for potentially judging me! That's what true friends are for!) ...but seriously...I could not figure out why I was having such a hard time....then I realized I only had a big Greek Salad for lunch...no protein! Well, some feta, but not enough to sustain me thru 90 minutes of workout! Dumb dumb dumb ....so, in the future, I promise to get in some more protein.

...anyone tried those protein shakes? Any reviews good or bad? I'm thinking if I have one of those on the way to the gym as I'm leaving work, it may help.

Please advise, anyone who has some experience with it....Thanks in advance!!
  #24   ^
Old Fri, Jul-02-04, 17:22
Rock, Ya'll

Stats: 278/273/178 Male 6 feet 0 inches
BF:
Progress: 5%

Quote:
I'm so happy I went to the gym 4 times this week! I did it!!

Now that's a way to put a hum on it! ... Cheers!

---------------

Just dropping by to help prompt ya on. It sounds like you are off to a great start. Here's to keeping it up!

Take care. And cheers again!
  #25   ^
Old Fri, Jul-02-04, 18:11
coffee...yum!

I'm proud of ya sweetie!!! 4 days!!!!!!!!! Wish I could say the same

Good job Kath! And whats this about judging???? No one told me! Dang it anyway!
  #26   ^
Old Fri, Jul-02-04, 19:26
Registered Member

Plan: Metabolic Surge
Stats: 170/139/? Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I like to have a whey shake on my way to the gym. About 15-20 minutes before training is probably about right.

And your workout was LONG! Maybe try to cut your whole session down to just over an hour in total (say, 50 min lifting, 20 min eliptical, scrap the 5 minute warmup), or do the cardio on alternate days.

You worked HARD! Good job!

#27   ^
Old Sat, Jul-03-04, 12:17
Amazonian Princess

Day 5! Woo hoo!!

5 minutes warm up (stationary bike)
60 minutes weights & such (including abs again!)
30 minutes elliptical + 5 minutes cool down (400+ calories!)

I went with my friend again, but tried not to let her chatter get in the way. She was on the treadmill next to my elliptical and chatting actually made the 30 minutes go by quick. And, I was able to hold a conversation while "walking" so I know I wasn't killing myself in the process! Yay!

I feel great! Tomorrow wil be my day of rest...I don't have my trainer scheduled again until Tuesday, so I'll get to the gym Monday, just don't know if it'll just be cardio or a full regime. We'll see!

Thanks for all the feedback in my journal...it really keeps me going! And no, I don't feel like I'm being judged...it was just a tongue-in-cheek comment! I you all!
  #28   ^
Old Sat, Jul-03-04, 22:23
coffee...yum!

After 5 days...you deserve a day of rest. You are a workin'it girl!!! Keep up the excellent work Kath!
  #29   ^
Old Mon, Jul-05-04, 10:00

Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

You go woman! I am totally impressed! The elliptical really kicks my ass, no doubt about it. I am gonna have to work up to doing more time on it. I could only go about ten minutes, so I decided to concentrate more on other areas right now. Your routine is truly an inspiration!!

The other muskateer and partner in crime

Orchid
  #30   ^
Old Mon, Jul-05-04, 17:13
Amazonian Princess

Aw, jeez, thanks Orchid! The elliptial is rough....I've worked up to 1/2 hour...it didn't really come over night. The first time I did it, I thought I was ready to die after 10 minutes!

This week: Day 1/5

30 minutes elliptical + 5 min cool down: 400+ calories

Really really really had to drag my behind to the gym today....after a day off, I'm ready to just become a couch (or bed) potato again! So did not want to go...what's with me?

I just did the elliptical today as I have my trainer booked for tomorrow and Wednesday (she didn't have any Monday appts open ) and didn't want to kill myself with weights 3 days in a row. I'll probably do some abs while watching TV tonight.

Went for a walk yesterday and a swim in s-i-l's pool (it's all in my journal) so I didn't even stay home and veg! I'm really hoping to get to the gym 5 days this week....today, I have my trainer scheduled for Tues, Weds & Friday and I'll go on Saturday too! Yeehaa! What a way to start my week!