Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#211   ^
Old Sun, Jun-20-04, 06:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

895-1= 894

I am down a pound this week. Hey, where is everybody? Even when we don't lose or gain let's post! I know I feel unhappy when I gain or stay the same even though I know it is perfectly normal. But let's remember that this challenge is for the longrun not the shortrun . Hugs to my team members!

Orchid
Sponsored Links
  #212   ^
Old Sun, Jun-27-04, 03:36

Oh, I feel very sad that my team seems to have dissipated. Where are you guys? It is cold in here! I checked around in folks' journals and it appears that 4 of us are totally MIA from the forum and the other 5 have been around the forum some, I am not sure where you are. I am here!

I really do understand, though. I was on Atkins in 2001/2002 for about six months and had lost about 40 pounds and then I quit. I just kind of slid right off. A bad day, a bad week, a bad month and then I was gone. I gained back everything except 3 pounds of what I had lost when I started again 1/4/04.

Now I am down 51 pounds and exercise has become a very enjoyable and neccessary part of my life. I feel like a new person. Being a TDC member gives us some tough challenges. For instance, I had to lose over 40 pounds before I could SEE a difference. I could feel it earlier but it took that long to actually see it. This is a tough road full of obstacles and challenges. Without the support of the forum I really don't think I could get through the tough times. Because for TDC'ers, this is a long process. Thank god for wonderful forum friends, deviled eggs, and steak!

I thought about what was going on with our challenge a lot. And no matter what, I am sticking with it. If I end up being the only person left on the team, I am sticking with it. I am tired of being fat and I am tired of what it does to my life and the quality of my life. So, I will be here doing this challenge until I reach my goal weight.

Guys, if anyone is struggling - please know that I have been there. I am one of the least self-disciplined people I know. If I can support you in anyway, I am here for you! If you are just busy and life is spinning away, I will sure be glad to see you!

894 - 3 = 891

GO TEAM! WE HAVE LOST 109 POUNDS AND THEY SURE AREN'T ALL MINE !!

Orchid
  #213   ^
Old Sun, Jun-27-04, 05:20

Plan: Doing Atkins
Stats: // Female 159 cm
BF:too much
Progress: 3%
Default I'm still here!

I've been so busy, so I haven't written earlier. I have lost another pound: 891 less 1 = 890. Keep going everyone!!!
  #214   ^
Old Sun, Jun-27-04, 05:36

Stats: 327/292/140 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 19%

Hi Everyone,

I am back and am happy to report I am still going strong and am going to try and check in every day. I have lost 1 more lb too ( might be more since it is TOM) Just a quick question....where are we in terms of goal for the 4th?? I think we keep right on even if we have lost a few members..I say we set a new goal for Labor day even if it is just a smaller team..but pehaps everyone has been busy as it is the start of summer. So I think with my loss it brings us down to...890-1=879.
  #215   ^
Old Sun, Jun-27-04, 09:17

Plan: My own
Stats: 322/277/175 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 31%

WTG Orchid, Sue, and myturn!!

I am still here, though I haven't lost anything I have been here off and on, pretty busy with life at the moment. I have also been slacking with my food plan, mainly just not logging in my food and eating a few more treats, and TOM came to visit and so I had that blechy feeling. I know I do a lot better when I log my food, so I bought the Fitday PC program 2 days ago and have been using it faithfully. I just need to stay focussed (a little obsessed ) and I do much better.

I love the Fitday PC program, but one funny thing is the day after TOM left (it was the second day I was logging info) I dropped the 3 pounds of water weight I had gained. When I entered my weight it has a automatic average that said I was averaging losing 21 pounds a week and in 12 weeks I would weigh 33 pounds!!

I am really far away from my goal for the 4th and other than cutting off a body part I don't think there is anyway I will make it. I think it is a good idea to set a new goal for Labor Day too.

Take care everyone!!
Mary
  #216   ^
Old Sun, Jun-27-04, 13:58

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 246/198/150 Female 62inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

This is probably a good spot t o measure out the gains/losses.
I am actually down 4lbs this month finally a real change on the scales. WHeeeeeeee
  #217   ^
Old Mon, Jun-28-04, 04:04
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 324/277/150 Female 5ft 4.5in
BF:
Progress: 27%

Hi everybody! I know I haven't been around for a while. Doing some lurking, just go through phases when I have nothing to say. I only rarely get on the scale anymore so I don't have that information to contribute. I can report that my clothes are getting more baggy! Keep up the great work everyone!
  #218   ^
Old Mon, Jun-28-04, 06:35

Plan: atkins
Stats: 288/231/145 Female 5"5
BF:42%
Progress: 40%

Hello everyone I am so happy for all of you and your success.We have decided to keep the team going and have our new goal date be labor day.We to have lost a few members but we still kept on striving.I was stuck in a huge plateua.It was hard but I finally got through it.We have less than a week to get the rest of our results in so good luck and keep up the good work.
  #219   ^
Old Mon, Jun-28-04, 08:28
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 277.5/267/159 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default I'm still here too!

I'm here, but haven't been that strict. I got a good dose of inspiration from my buddy this weekend though. Being a good f*g h*g, I went with him to Pride celebrations and watched him get the eye from all kinds of attractive folk, now that he's lost over 30 lbs (doing his own plan, not Atkins). Obviously his efforts are paying off, so it inspires me to try again!

Nothing to report for now, but I'm still here at least.

Well done, to the rest of you!
  #220   ^
Old Mon, Jun-28-04, 13:32

BF:

Ok, so we're still missing a few...so lets keep going and if we have had a few drop outs then we will just recruit some "fresh meat" ( LC pun intended!!!!) Got to make a joke as I am feeling like an idiot ( I stupidly backed into someone today as I was pulling out of my parking space at the post office...not hurt more than my pride and my car is slightly scratched so no big deal but it made me feel like a moron driver) so I rewarded myself for a job well done with three Wendy's jr Cheeseburger deluxes ( minus the bun and ketchup of course) Everyone who's still around is doing great even if your loss is not huge..I seem to be about a lb or two a week myself...although since I cut the caffeine and diet pop it seems to be a bit better. Is everyone else on board for the Labor day goal?? Shall we start to pick out our goals ( maybe an individual and a group goal??)
  #221   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-04, 13:05

It is so great to see you guys here! What a relief! I will write more when I can but I wanted you to know how uplifting it was to find each of you here. This isn't easy and it is very challenging to travel down the TDC road. But I believe we can do this especially if we tackle it as a team.

Orchid
  #222   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-04, 15:28

BF:

Hello Everyone,

we are approching our goal day...I think all in all we have been doing pretty well...I know I fail to see how far I have come when I think about the fact that I lose a lb a week or maybe two, but they do add up fast especially since we're putting our totals together. So I am declaring my labor day goal load and clear...

My personal goal is to lose 20 lbs by Labor day which I think is obtainable if I stick with it and drink MY WATER ( I sometimes have a problem getting it all in) So what team goal shall we set?? Any idea's??
  #223   ^
Old Wed, Jun-30-04, 06:13

BF:

Just a quick up date this morning..couldnt resist the scale..It said 291..............down 1 lb.....so that brings us to

889-1=888
  #224   ^
Old Fri, Jul-02-04, 12:24

BF:

Well, seems we are down to just a few...lets ask some others to join those who are left and get our team back up to 10 or so....so if you see someone who might be interested ask asnd we'll get our Labor Day challenge going.
  #225   ^
Old Sat, Jul-03-04, 04:08

Plan: Doing Atkins
Stats: // Female 159 cm
BF:too much
Progress: 3%
Default Bit discouraged.

Hi guys, I need I just don't have the motivation to keep going. I can't get motivated to exercise and I haven't since I started this WOE. I am also finding it hard to drink all that water. I'm getting bored with the food. I was so enthusiastic just a few weeks ago. Sick of vegies, weight lose has slowed. any suggestions would be great. I need to be able to cook yummy things that are quick. This oil of oregano, where do you get it? And flaxseed oil? How much do you take?
Thanks for being there for support.
Sue

Last edited by Sue Barber : Sat, Jul-03-04 at 04:22.