Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-04, 13:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

It is so great to see you guys here! What a relief! I will write more when I can but I wanted you to know how uplifting it was to find each of you here. This isn't easy and it is very challenging to travel down the TDC road. But I believe we can do this especially if we tackle it as a team.

Orchid
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-04, 15:28

Stats: 327/292/140 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 19%

Hello Everyone,

we are approching our goal day...I think all in all we have been doing pretty well...I know I fail to see how far I have come when I think about the fact that I lose a lb a week or maybe two, but they do add up fast especially since we're putting our totals together. So I am declaring my labor day goal load and clear...

My personal goal is to lose 20 lbs by Labor day which I think is obtainable if I stick with it and drink MY WATER ( I sometimes have a problem getting it all in) So what team goal shall we set?? Any idea's??
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jun-30-04, 06:13

BF:

Just a quick up date this morning..couldnt resist the scale..It said 291..............down 1 lb.....so that brings us to

889-1=888
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jul-02-04, 12:24

BF:

Well, seems we are down to just a few...lets ask some others to join those who are left and get our team back up to 10 or so....so if you see someone who might be interested ask asnd we'll get our Labor Day challenge going.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jul-03-04, 04:08

Plan: Doing Atkins
Stats: // Female 159 cm
BF:too much
Progress: 3%
Default Bit discouraged.

Hi guys, I need I just don't have the motivation to keep going. I can't get motivated to exercise and I haven't since I started this WOE. I am also finding it hard to drink all that water. I'm getting bored with the food. I was so enthusiastic just a few weeks ago. Sick of vegies, weight lose has slowed. any suggestions would be great. I need to be able to cook yummy things that are quick. This oil of oregano, where do you get it? And flaxseed oil? How much do you take?
Thanks for being there for support.
Sue

Last edited by Sue Barber : Sat, Jul-03-04 at 04:22.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jul-03-04, 07:51

Plan: My own
Stats: 322/277/175 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 31%

My turn - WTG on the pound loss!! Every one counts

Sue - You can get oil of oregano at GNC, and I suppose other heath food stores would have it. I don't take it, but I have read of those that have great results from it. You can also get flaxseed oil at GNC and I just saw it at WalMart yesterday. I do take it - I get the liquid and take 1 TBSP a day. I bought the liquid from GNC and it was so foul tasting I had to have a pickle chaser just to get the nasty taste of the oil out of my mouth! Now I order it from iherb.com (where I get most of my sups from) and they keep it refrigerated and it is VERY mild tasting so it's not hard to take. You can also get it in capsule form.

As far as the motivation, I can really understand where you are at. Here is a site with tons of good recipes to help with the food boredom - http://users3.ev1.net/~fontlady/
I am diabetic, very insulin resistant, on medication, and lose very slowly. This woe has helped bring my blood sugar under better control so that is what keeps me sticking with it. Maybe it would help you to write your goals down, both short term and long term, and read them daily. You are not alone in your struggles! Take care

Mary
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jul-03-04, 16:29

Plan: Paleo/Primal
Stats: 330/258.2/150 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default May I join??

June 11th I was 330. Currently 316. I weigh at TOPS every Thursday night. If you've got room, I would love to join. I have about 170 left to lose. I would like to get under 300 by the end of July.

Let me know if I can join, and what info you need from me.

Melissa