Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Dec-25-01, 17:54
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 169/114/120
BF:
Progress:
Talking hi guys

hi guys, i am new around, and even if i am happy to say that i have already reached my goal, (from 169lbs to 118lbs), i am a little nervous about the maintainance part of this way of life, and i feel i could use all the support i could get.

my name is anna from nj, and i hope to be able to help others as well as get answers for some of my questions.

Last edited by annalabeba : Thu, Dec-27-01 at 13:45.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Dec-25-01, 18:12

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care
Progress: 100%

wow, annalabeba, you look nothing short of fantastic! congratulations on losing the fat and getting yourself into great shape.

I'm not at maintenance yet, but I'm sure in the maintenance mindset. No sugar or grains shall pass the front door of this house ever again! Maybe after I'm at goal, every once in awhile, I'll eat them out, but maybe not...so easy to slip back into cravings/binges.

But there's a maintenance board here--post there, too!

Welcome and, again, way to go!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Dec-25-01, 20:06
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:
Default thanks

i cheat every once in a while but i try to do only one serving and i do it early during the day it works
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Dec-25-01, 20:15
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Welcome aboard Anna.

You've a great job, and you look stunning! It's great to have maintainers joins us, it's so inspiring to see those who've reached their goal!

Wa'il
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Dec-25-01, 21:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 145?/131/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:
Default welcome

Congratulations on your success, you do look GREAT. I hope you hang around lots to provide inspiration and knowledge to those who need it.

Nothing like following someone with experience such as yours.

Again, congratulations and seasons greetings.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Dec-26-01, 07:08

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: //2002
BF:and feeling great
Progress: 99%

Great pictures. Congratulations on doing so well!!!

Yes, maintenance can be a little intimidating, but certainly NOT overwhelming! If you are committed to the low carb way of life, it'll be a breeze for you

Welcome to the board, and post often! The more input from as many members as possible, the better off we all are.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Dec-26-01, 12:07
Registered Member

Plan: 000
Stats: 000/000/000
BF:
Progress: 12%

Congratulations on your success, Anna! I wish you the best with maintanance and look forward to using your story and photos as inspiration! (I took your after pic and tweaked it on my photo software so I could see you better! If you'd like me to send the photo back to you brighter, I would be happy to. You are beautiful!)
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Dec-26-01, 13:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/165/140
BF:
Progress:

You look great! Your before and after pictures are inspiring to me because I weigh almost what you weighed at the beginning. Can you tell me approximately how long it took you to reach your goal? I had planned to start my diet before Christmas but didn't think I would have that much willpower over the holidays so I waited. In the meantime, I have been reading and learning from the posts on this site. I plan to start right after New Year's and, hopefully, I can post a before and after picture that will be inspiring to others too.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Dec-26-01, 14:55

Plan: '72 Atkins
Stats: 224/193/170 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 57%
Default wow inspiration

A picture is worth a thousand words, they say! WOW!! I have my before picture--lots of them. AHH!!! I can't wait to have an "after" too!!

Bye!
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Dec-27-01, 07:53
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:
Wink thanks for all the posts

ok, i am going to first thank you for all the compliments an then answer the questions, i took me like 7 months to reach goal and i think that the best way to do it is to set small goals for your self look at loosing 5 pounds at a time and if you get stuck, either go hardcore like for 2 days, exercise or not eating late at night helps, another thing, dont think that when your done the struggle is going to be over, new struggle will take place, people is going to treat you differently, people is going to critize you and your selfimage takes a little while to adjust in your head, i still think i am fat, i still go to the large sizes first and i am still a little self conscious, i took a lot of work for me to wear reveling clothes.
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Dec-27-01, 10:02

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 164/130/132
BF:
Progress: 106%

Congrats Anna!!!
We love to see the inspiring before and after shots!!
Welcome to the forum--- I'm sure you can get help on maintenance here----we have people at their goal too!
I guess the mind didn't move along as fast as the fat---so it will take a little time for you to realize you did it!!!
I'm sure you can help lots of us out on our journey! The 5 lb increments is a great idea--- thats how I'm working through this--each 5 lbs is cause for celebration!! (Locarb celebration, that is!! )
Welcome and see you around the forum!!
Ellie