Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Dec-20-01, 13:16
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%
Unhappy La Sigh...

We had our Christmas get together today. My company got chinese food which I had to eat in my cubical since I have to rip them apart to get to the meat.
Then we did Yankee Switch. I was fine until they sent out the digital pictures of it. I looked terrible

I included one just to show you. Just what a person needs to feel good about themselves. Even my friends said the camera was unkind to me
(I'm wearing the purple shirt... the one who looks pregnant!, no I'm not)

Makes me want to get glamour shot of me at a real photo place
Attached Images
File Type: jpg part.jpg (38.5 KB, 237 views)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Dec-20-01, 14:05
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 168/155/145
BF:
Progress: 57%
Default Don't even worry....

just remember that you are fabulous!! You've already lost 36 pounds!!

If we let bad pictures get us down, we'd never be up - I swear cameras take 'good pictures' about .05% of the time, I can count on one hand how many pictures of myself I like!

You look GREAT - although I hope you have a top to your head.....
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Dec-20-01, 14:37

Plan: atkins
Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%
Default [[[[[ Lessara ]]]]]

Hugggs hun. Im sorry U feel down, but like Keriberry said look at what U have lost! I know it can be frusterating but be patient. If I were U maybe look into gettin some glamour shots done. I did a few years ago B 4 low-carbing and they are the only pics I like of myself.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Dec-20-01, 14:38
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%
Smile

Actually, I love the shirt ... I just happen to be wearing a sweater the same colour at this very moment .

I think the person who stands out the most in the picture is the guy behind you, with the tacky tie and all the pens in his shirt pocket (I bet it's lined with one of those plastic protector thingies) .. everyone else is dressed casually. I suppose it's the boss, oh well.

Good for you to keep everything low carb. Atta girl!

Doreen
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Dec-20-01, 14:49

Plan: Predominantly Atkins
Stats: 320/260/145
BF:
Progress: 34%

Girl, you are as bad as I am - I HATE seeing "unprofessional" pics of myself, especially if they are below the shoulder shots. I feel different than I think pictures show me looking.

And, if another person said the camera was unkind to you, then obviously people do not see you as being as large as you feel that picture makes you. I take rotten pictures - always feel like hilda the hippo in photos, hence my running, screaming, and hiding behind people whenever I see a camera. And, that is why I always volunteer to TAKE the pics If I'm behind the camera, I won't be in front of it.

But don't worry. If you hate the pic, pack it away and save it for an "after" shot, or BURN it. I just wish I could see your head in it

Sh'ra
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Dec-20-01, 14:49

Plan: Predominantly Atkins
Stats: 320/260/145
BF:
Progress: 34%

By the way, I have a blouse that is exactly that color, and I love it.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Dec-20-01, 16:02
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%
Talking I love you all!

Thank you for that shot in the arm!
It drives me crazy when I hear about women who think they are fatter than they really are. I am opposite. I feel thinner than my picture will show. I dance, I jump rope, I am out of my chair in a heartbeat. With the way I am, I figure I could do a marathon when I hit goal
I think I will get pictures done of myself. And I'll make sure I can post it here on this board... so watch out Wa'il I might need another picture shrunk!
Thank you all and don't worry I'll do the same for you.

Ps I really love the color of orchids! Oh what you didn't see is that I'm wearing little silver balls (like you hang on mini trees) as earrings... My friends at work thought I looked cute... so did I
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Dec-20-01, 16:13
Registered Member

Stats: 168/155/145
BF:
Progress: 57%
Default On that note...

Just as an aside, based on your marathon comment - I ran my first marathon in October - and I did it at 180 pounds!!! When you get to 160 - you'll be Speedy Gonzalez!!
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Dec-20-01, 16:15

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

Of COURSE people said the camera was unkind to you, Lessara - it cut off your face!!!!! Nasty thing (And it is a great color, and I'm sure you looked just fine with your face on Keep this photo, though, and look at it in a year. I'll be there will be a difference. Then you'll be glad this one was taken
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Dec-22-01, 06:00

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: //2002
BF:and feeling great
Progress: 99%

Quote:
Originally posted by doreen T
I think the person who stands out the most in the picture is the guy behind you, with the tacky tie and all the pens in his shirt pocket (I bet it's lined with one of those plastic protector thingies)
Doreen

LOL Doreen - that's funny because I immediately saw "madamoiselle ATTITUDE" in the red sweater because of the arm-crossed stance and the lean on one hip. Lessara, buddy - your body LANGUAGE is more important than the space it takes up. You look friendly
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Dec-22-01, 07:06

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 164/130/132
BF:
Progress: 106%

Lessara! You're taking this too serious, girl!
Everybody has pictures they hate-- belly sticks out too much,or hips look a mile wide, or thighs are definitely someone elses....
just stuff it away until next year--- you'll want to compare it then for sure!!
AND, I also love the blouse-- love that color myself!!
Ellie
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Dec-22-01, 08:31

Plan: Careful Low Carb Plan
Stats: 335/295/180 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 26%
Wink You are lovely!

Lessara,
You are too CUTE! Don't be too hard on yourself, everybody has photos of themselves that make them wince. I remember one year my brother video taped our Easter egg hunt with the kids. All I could see was my BIG butt as I bent over to help the kids with their eggs. I have to say that the photos that we took this summer before I started LCing are a great reference to look back on. Even my daughter told me that I have lost so much compared to then. I still can't really see it....I still have the gutt, just a smaller one. Just tuck this one away and even 6 months from now you will see a difference. Keep going! Don't let it discourage you. Victoria
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Dec-22-01, 08:39

Stats: 183/143/140
BF:
Progress: 93%

Oh my heavens,

I remember feeling the same way when I went to visit my daughter a couple of months ago at college.

I too feel thin. We got her roommate to take a pic of us while I was there (the first photo allowed in years). I was so excited on developing the film (although my daughters film) and when I got it, I was so, so disappointed at seeing myself.

I too was fat. I have it in my office right now and see it everyday. Instead of being upset about it, I now look at it and use it as motivation to keep me going

I also keep in mind, that I have lost alot of weight when the photo was taken, although I need to lose more, it is at least a before pic, as I never would allow myself to get into pictures before this woe!

Don't fret, like alto says, keep it, so you can look back.

PS. I agree with others, your blouse is very pretty. I too have one that colour and just love it
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Dec-23-01, 15:36

Plan: low carb
Stats: 324/228/180 Female 5feet 6inches
BF:47%
Progress: 67%
Wink

That picture wasn't that bad. It just centered in at your worst point and cut off your best (face). So all you could look at was your body taken at a wide angle. Don't sweat it

I'm like you I think I am smaller than what the pictures say. I was at a party 2wks ago and I thought I was looking too good. Well, my friend showed me the pictures the first one; hmmm not bad, the second uggggh (the way you feel about your pic), just when I was saying to my self "God I'm that big?" I look at the next picture "Yeah that's me right there!" The picture was me as I see myself. So it is really just the angle the picture is taken at. So from now on I have to have at least 4 pics taken of me. This way I can pick the best one and ignore the rest.

You are beautiful. Don't sweat it.
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Dec-23-01, 16:00
Registered Member

Plan: 000
Stats: 000/000/000
BF:
Progress: 12%
Thumbs up Ditto what everyone else said!

Lessara, everytime I see your sig pic, I think to myself, "Wow, she is a really pretty girl!" You look so sweet and you have such gorgeous, thick hair. Your smile is darling. That photo you hate just isn't fair, sweetie!

I'm like so many here and hate photos of myself as well. When I was 160, I would DIE when I saw photos of myself. 230, the same. But now, I would give anything to look like the images in the 230/160 pound photos! (I thought I was BIG then?! )

I say that about a year from now, we'll be sporting sexy, slim photos on our sig pics and helping others through low-carbing together, don'tcha think?!