Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Dec-18-01, 12:24

Plan: low carb
Stats: 324/228/180 Female 5feet 6inches
BF:47%
Progress: 67%
Wink What do you do to feel beautiful?

What do you do to make yourself feel beautiful, sexy or special? Does anyone have a special regimen or homemade beauty recipes they would like to share? When ever I start a new way of life or when I am feeling down I go on a "beauty campaign". I start with the body. First I get rid of all the dead skin on my feet, I then exfoliate the entire body with a home made olive oil and Epsom salt paste [in the shower] (this gives you great skin). While I do this I am also giving my hair a hot oil treatment (with olive oil of course). After my "spa bath" I slather on the Vaseline (if you can't tolerate it use your best lotion), I then put saran wrap around my feet and plastic gloves (the surgical kind w/out talc) on my hands, then I pluck stray hairs (I'm a hairy girl), give my self some type of face mask (and remove) , blow dry my hair, paint my nails, put on a nice perfume, get in bed with 3 of my favorite fashion mags and fall to sleep. I sleep all night with a smile on my face. My skin feels so good and I smell yummy. Oh you must have nice and crisp sheets on your bed for the full effect
So... some might say what does this have to do with low carbing? Well, for many of us food is/was a past time and we now need to do other things to feel good. I would like to hear what others are doing. Really, I just want to steal your beauty secrets
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Dec-18-01, 12:35

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care
Progress: 100%

I don't do beauty regimens, though I love soaking in the tub for an hour with either bubble bath or a splash of my favorite cologne--very sensual!

The most beautiful I feel is, oddly perhaps, when I'm at the gym, hoisting large amounts of weight. I'm in a Tshirt and gray sweat shorts, sweating, my hair trying to come out of its clip. I'm sure my face is red, etc....but I feel beautiful and powerful and competent. And fairly regularly, men come over to talk with me, so I must be vibing it out, too!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Dec-18-01, 12:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/197/135
BF:
Progress: 35%

I don't have any special routine. Seems to me that when I'm feeling good about myself I project a positive image and I think that I look better.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Dec-18-01, 13:01

~Razzel
That is how my sister is. She can get so psyched from working out. She calls the flustered red face "the glow", and you are right men love women who are doing something for themselves.

~pegm
You are correct. When you feel good about yourself it does help you to project a positive self image, but there are little things that we all do to help with that ex. some people read to broaden their mind, some people exercise, and some people if I get what you are saying just roll out of bed and don't need to do anything for themselves to feel better? I guess I'm jealous
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Dec-18-01, 13:20

Plan: Predominantly Atkins
Stats: 320/260/145
BF:
Progress: 34%

I'm kinda low maintenance girl when it comes to doing the beauty regimen stuff - and I don't want to take time in the tub (not to mention I don't like our tub). It's like pulling teeth just to get me to exfoliate and moisturize my face when it gets dry - and since I've been drinking more, it doesn't get as dry

I like the way I feel just after exercising - tired, but satisfied.

I also feel the best about my outside when I've done something internal, such as writing something, creating something new at work, doing a piece of artwork, singing, or helping someone else with a problem.

Sh'ra
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Dec-18-01, 13:21

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%
Default Pampering Me

I'm a HUGE fan of pampering myself and I have several things I do, but the number one thing is pedicures. It feels wonderful and keeps my feet looking good too. I think part of it for me is that it's my little secret and I revel in knowing that my feet look great! Had my December pedicure and had her paint my toes alternating red and green. There will be a house full of kids where I'm going for Christmas and I know my toes will be a big hit with the girlies.

Second to that is a hot tub with a pot of herbal tea, incense burning, candles and some relaxing music. I have been known to be there a couple of hours reading and relaxing and enjoying. Makes me feel like a princess to do it...beautiful and spoiled.

Marlaine
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Dec-18-01, 13:32

Plan: Atkins induction AGAIN...
Stats: 242/197/199 Female 5'8.5"
BF:ALOT
Progress: 105%
Default Candles and Bath

Oh, I love taking a bath with the lights out and only candles in the bathroom. It is so nice and a special treat, although I do it all the time,,,,I have now figured there is no other way.

Cindy
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Dec-18-01, 14:16

Thumbs up

I like your replies. Good ideas!
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Dec-18-01, 14:17

Quote:
Originally posted by Marlaine
I think part of it for me is that it's my little secret and I revel in knowing that my feet look great!
That says it all Marlaine. Those special little things that we do just for us.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Dec-18-01, 14:17

Plan: atkins
Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%

After I had been low-carbing for awhile and lost weight I did start to take more of an interest in how I looked....So after I shower now I rub on some scented cream which makes my skin soft. I have one night a week where I do my nails which I keep quite long. And nothing makes me feel sexier than getting ready for a night out and slipping on a cute little dress!!! hehehe
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Dec-18-01, 14:26

Stats: 285/252/180 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%

GEcolon... LOVE your beauty routine. I am going to do the Olive Oil and Epsom Salt.. sounds ravishing.. although.. I am not a big fan of petroleum based products like vaseline... I can substitute my own aloe lotion... sounds yummy...

I have also found, since losing weight and inches.. that I feel sexier.. and wanting to make myself look nice..

Love this WOE... I will weigh in today.. and see my progress..

Ramona
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Dec-18-01, 14:27

Stats: 285/252/180 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%

Love the Pedicure idea also --- great!!! I think I will treat myself in the new year.. and have my tooties.. massaged and dressed up...

Ramona
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Dec-18-01, 17:44

Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 56%
Default My Beauty Theraphy

Once a week, I give myself a spa at home, usually right after a good workout.......I give myself a facial, dye my roots if needed, LOL (getting lot's of grey hair these past few years), shave my legs, and other body parts, LOL, manicure, pedicure and plucked my eyebrows, lotion my whole body (very dry in the house right now).......and the best part is I soaked in a hot bath for 1hour with real lavender that I have collected from my garden, candles, herb tea, and a good carb book or gardening book to read, its so relaxing and so warm......... and the best, best of all is that the ol’ man gives me a nice back message later.......what a wonderful feeling! Sleep like a log on my theraphy days

Oh yes, I love colognes, scents, candles, herbal oils!!!!!! My dresser is full of it!

Take care everyone!
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Dec-18-01, 17:48

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: //2002
BF:and feeling great
Progress: 99%

Working out.

After a good exercise, I am totally "aware" of every move I make, and every muscle in my body.

It's then that I feel "svelt" in my "cougar-like" frame.
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Dec-19-01, 05:42

Plan: Schwarzbein prin
Stats: 158/155/120
BF:
Progress:

LC-- know what you mean--even after power yoga, I can feel every muscle moving, like it's toned and .......svelte,like you said. Then I look in the mirror...... .

Chrissy, aren't those lavender flowers great?? I've even made soap out of them. When I run out of my own flowers from the garden, I go to the health food store-- they have a container full of them, you buy by the oz. And if you soak them in oil, (probably olive or an oil w/ a 'smell' wouldn't work here--try almond oil) it sort of infuses w/ the smell. Take the blossoms out, and refridgerate so the oil doesn't get rancid. Great!My skin's very dry-- I could just soak in oil in the wintertime. It IS a little better since LC-ing though.
YB