Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jun-11-04, 08:16

Plan: whatever the heck works
Stats: 169/138/120 Female 66 inches
BF:no/thank/you
Progress: 63%

I might run the risk of getting flamed here, but I 100% agree with onehotmama.....you really have got to give up the muffins. Mind over matter, girl. Elimination of LC treats does not have to inevitably lead to bingeing. You can't honestly say that it's LC with muffins or give up, right??

Pandora, I loved my breads/muffins/bagels before and I'm doing it. All I have to do when I'm tempted is think about why I'm doing this.

C'mon, girl.....this is your Dr Phil-style kick in the ass! Whole foods and water, ONLY. YOU CAN DO IT!!! We're all doing it with you!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jun-11-04, 08:24
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 293/282/150 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 8%

My mom bought this video online called classical stretch (http://www.classicalstretch.com/ame_fullbody_dvd.htm). It's a 1 hour video that she does about 3 times a week. What happens when you do this video is that your muscles get stretched out and strenghened so that you have a leaner, more firm looking arms, stomach, legs, thighs, etc. It's great for people who have bulky muscles (such as me and my mom). My mom's lost 10-15 lbs in the last 4-6 weeks WITHOUT changing her eating habits (she doesn't follow low carb). The tape pretty much works miracles.

Just a suggestion!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jun-11-04, 08:27

Stats: 151/133/134 Female 5'5.5
BF:Getting better!
Progress: 106%

LOL! I'm not sure the point in giving up the muffins. I ate them the entire first two months of the program and went from 143 to 132 lbs... I also only eat 1 - 2 muffins every other week, if that. The muffins are not my problem it was having such high fat and cals, that was when I started having problems losing, I haven't even had muffins in at least a month.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jun-11-04, 08:28

Stats: 151/133/134 Female 5'5.5
BF:Getting better!
Progress: 106%

Thanks for the video link!! I will have to check that out. Is it like pilates?