Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Dec-11-01, 01:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 56%
Question How did everyone do last week?

Hi friends.......Well, I didn't lose anything this week, disappointing, but not despaired...... I know in my heart I ate legally all week, stayed true to myself and most importantly felt good all week. It could be that I started lifting dumbbells and or TOM is going to visit soon! I am up to 30 carbs a day, if I don’t lose anything by next week, I will lower my CCL back to 25 or take up on that KISS plan for awhile....... Darn I love my cheese and nuts!

Also its been a week full of seductions and more yet to come ........I work as a personal care aide in an auxiliary hospital for the geriatrics. So the staff, mtg, and families of the residents are always bringing in all kinds of goodies..... everywhere you go, there is a table of Christmas CRAP displayed for the staff to enjoy! Also some of the grannies are always offering you a sweet treat before you leave their room........I feel so bad not accepting any from them, as this is their way to show their appreciation and love. I just say my hands are too dirty right now to eat and I’ll be back to have one later, by then they are sleeping peacefully.......also the staff are questioning why I’m eating lots of boiled eggs lately on my coffee breaks........curious and snoopy co-workers that’s for sure!
Anyways one girl that I work with tonight, said I looked so beautiful today.......she said something is different about you........but I kept her clueless! LOL
I felt good when I got home from work, and realized it was my first compliment so far, it wasn’t a losing weight compliment but she did say I looked good........ so I got on the treadmill and walked at a fast pace for 40 minutes which made me feel even better!
Whooohoooo! (sweat, pant, sweat, pant!)

Liquor is one big major no no for me at special celebrations, this is how I jumped off the wagon last time, last Easter. Our Christmas party is this Friday and I ain’t having none!! Going there, and I’m going to load up on Roast beef, turkey, cold cuts, cheese, pickles and LC veggies. and dance, dance the night away
I will breeze right through all those temptations, it’s not worth going back on inductions again, again, again, again! :-)

I would love to hear how your week went too?

Take care, be strong & Merry Christmas Everyone!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Dec-11-01, 05:06

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: //2002
BF:and feeling great
Progress: 99%

Thanks for asking Chrissy -

My weekly highlight was attending a cookie swap this past weekend. My hostess is a major low fat dieter, but a wonderful hostess so I hung around the meatballs and cheese trays. I took all my cookies to work yesterday as it was my day to bring treats.

Kill 2 birds with one low carb stone, I always say.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Dec-11-01, 08:22

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 164/130/132
BF:
Progress: 106%

Hi Chrissy------
I'm actually feeling pretty great right now!! I lost another lb (waited 3 days to make sure it was gone) and this AM yet another is off!!
Went to my closet, pulled out a pair of jeans I haven't worn in a l-o-n-g time---- pulled them up, zipped and they are comfortably lose!! I'm amazed and thrilled!! If this last lb stays off , that will make 13!!
This is a good week for me!!!
Ellie

PS. Sponge--- excellent idea with the cookies!! I've been unloading all my forbidden foods off on neighbors, friends, co- workers---- the low fat dieters got the mother-load as I'd been using lo-fat everything for yrs to try to counter act all the desserts!!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Dec-11-01, 09:26

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

Great idea for a thread, Chrissy! It was especially nice to read someone who did not lose in a week, but is still up!

LC Sponge, I do the same thing with Christmas goodies. I get a box of chocolates (very good chocolates) every year from a friend. This year, it will go straight to the people who work in the office in my apartment building.

Last week was not a good week for me. It was a "hang in there" week. It was very hectic and I did not drink enough water. I felt bloated and out of sorts and didn't weigh. This week is more controllable and much better, so far.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Dec-11-01, 09:43
Registered Member

Stats: 165/132/125
BF:
Progress: 83%

First - I am so glad you had such a great week. And I love your positive attitude! I seemed to have a terrible week last week. Things at work were so stressful I was near tears most of the week. And I couldn't sleep at all - my mind just wouldn't shut off. So, naturally I over did it on the pistachios but ended up losing the pound that I had gained over Thanksgiving. So, I am back to my low of 133 and, now that I am out of that funk for the most part, am looking forward to being extra careful with the carbs and hopping on that treadmill. I really want to bust the 130 mark by Christmas.

BTW - I do the same thing with all the stuff coming in. Bring it right to the office and set it out for everyone else to enjoy.

We should do these weekly check ins regularly. I would like to get to know more of you better and be able to keep track of your progress. Best of luck to all!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Dec-11-01, 10:02

Plan: Atkins induction AGAIN...
Stats: 242/197/199 Female 5'8.5"
BF:ALOT
Progress: 105%
Default Still Holding

Sounds like you had a great week and it is always nice to get a compliment like you did. Party's are tough in one way during the holiday season and easy in another. I have found that most offer quite a bit of appetizers that are okay to eat, hot wings, cheese, fresh vegies, cold cuts.....etc. Yes I also need to stay away from the LKHall too, as once I have too much all inhibitions go away and I eat whatever is in front of me.......so this season will bring some LKHall Free drinking for me.

I have been holding the same weight for about 4 weeks now. I think I probably need to increase my calories. I have increased my water in take....But, this happened too me in October, early November too, I only have a whoosh about once a month and then hold my own for the whole month, as long as the scale goes down rather then up, I don't mind. But it is difficult for me to see so many people more successful then I am at losing sometimes. I continue to wonder why the weight doesn't fall off me, but I have yo yo dieted my whole life, so that is one reason, and their are others which people have been so kind to point out , but I will continue on my LC journey, as I love the food, I love the way I feel, and I know I will lose weight.

This forum has been my inspiration. I know without it I would have fallen off the wagon a long time ago, it is my only form of support and it is wonderful. I just wish that there could be one big Low Carb Conference or something someday where we could all travel and spend a weekend together to meet each other.

Cindy
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Dec-11-01, 12:55

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%
Default Me Too!

Quote:
Originally posted by wangeci
But it is difficult for me to see so many people more successful then I am at losing sometimes. I continue to wonder why the weight doesn't fall off me,
Cindy

I'm with you on that one. Sometimes.....I get feeling frustrated. I feel like I work so hard at this and don't always get the reward I want quick enough. I know if weight loss = effort, I'd be at my goal by now! I have to work at keeping myself 'up' about all of this.

I've been doing well in the last couple of weeks as far as making positive changes and handling tempting food situations. Now...I WANT my weight loss to go with it!!

Chrissy - It's great to see you keeping so POSITIVE!!

Marlaine
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Dec-11-01, 14:07

Plan: atkins
Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%

Glad to see U are having a good week Chrissy. Mine is going well too altho sat night wasnt the greatest. A Christmas party..lol need I say more. I have gone to a couple already where they were buffets and did well. This one was a sit down turkey dinner with Stuffing, cranberries, potaotes and gravy covering everything. I felt bad but just picked out the turkey. I did dance the night away so figured I likely was ok..lol
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Dec-11-01, 14:58

Plan: pp
Stats: 149/136/125
BF:
Progress: 54%
Smile

I was pretty proud of myself on the weekend. My first dinner out and i never cheated. My husbands Christmas party was on Saturday and I had the roast beef, a few lc veggies and some salad. It was a buffet and the person behind the buffet table told me as I was pileling (sp) the salad on my plate that there was salad bowls for that. Well I didn't want there to be just beef on my plate so I just said oh well thanks but that's ok. Nobody was the wiser when I sat down with my plate and it looked full. I passed on dessert, but then so did my husband (bless his heart) He has been super supportive of me. All in all I never felt deprived of anything, don't think I could have said that a few weeks ago. Yippeee progress!!!!
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Dec-11-01, 15:00
Registered Member

Plan: pregnant so maintenance level
Stats: 136/122/---
BF:
Progress: 89%

What a greast idea for a thread!
My week was fantastic 'cos I have (and still seam to be) breaking a 6 week "no weight loss/ no loss of inches" stall with a 1 1/2 lb loss. I'll post soon how I did it, maybe in the turtle club section. I am currently still collecting my thoughts about it.

Wangeci and Marlaine, hang it there, and keep tweaking and experimenting- I know how hard it is to keep up the enthusiasm when everyone around you is losing and you're not.

As well as the weight loss, I had an oncology check up and the results of my scans were clear again So that was a relief.
The Docs ask me about my weight loss and I just say I have cut out the foods I am allergic to and have lost it naturally, which isn't too far from the truth anyway. I tried broaching the low carb thing with them once and they looked at me like I was insane, and how could I go and ruin my body like that after they got me all cured with their drugs??? Luckily my GP is supportive. The Oncology doctors in my area wouldn't even recommend a multivitamin, as their is no proof they work (according to them). When, oh when will the medical profession as a whole catch up?

Boy this turned into a bit of a rant, didn't it?
Thanks for letting me rant
Angela
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Dec-11-01, 15:03

Plan: Atkins induction AGAIN...
Stats: 242/197/199 Female 5'8.5"
BF:ALOT
Progress: 105%
Default Great

Angela

Great news on your oncology tests..........Thanks for the words of encouragement....
Cindy
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Dec-11-01, 15:51

Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 56%

Ellie, congratulations.....you must feel so proud to get back into your jeans, my size 32 Levi’s are waiting for me in the closet, I can’t wait to get into them and tuck a t-shirt in them........you definitely had a good week!

Alto, its better to hang in there, than to do you know what...... glad to hear this week has started out good for you, drink, drink, drink, till your floating!

Deesinn, dry those tears girl , throw away those pistachios if there giving you a problem, there not worth it. I commend you on your 80% lost so far, that my girl is a big achievement! If I were you, I would have tears of joy for that kind of lost. Your doing great, chin up and you will get there!
I agree, since I don’t keep a daily journal here at the board, I would love to keep weekly check ins regularly too.

I totally agree with you Cindy, this board has giving me lots of inspiration, I’m sure I would of fallen off the wagon on day 2 if I never found this place. I like it, because you can attend a meeting with your housecoat on eating a chicken drumstick if you want and nobody will stare at yah! LOL
And hang in there too Cindy, 4 weeks would make me furious too, but I rather be mad, than sorry and sad I gave up, it will come off, give it time, maybe you will have to eat more calories this week or add more fats, see if that works for this week, if not, maybe you will have to start taking one food away from your woe list till you can find out exactly what is causing your stall.

Thanks Marlain, I have a positive attitude because of all you folks here, you and all the other losers have given me so much willpower to do it this time......I just know this WOL is for me, and when you have that feeling, you have all the confiendence to go on. Infact, I stepped on the scale and lost 1 pound. WHOOO, hoooo~

gwilson, wtg on picking out the foods you can eat at your sit down buffet. If that was in my face, I’m sure I would of gobbled it down, WTG!

Toni, that is so great to have a loving partner to support you with your Lcing. And congratulations on staying on plan! Who needs a salad bowl, salad looks so pretty right by the beef! You go girl!

And big applause to Angela on her 1 ½ lb loss, Yippie!!!! see a fine example it can be done, time, patience, and your effort will reach your goal! I am so proud of you! High five to you!
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Dec-12-01, 09:11

BF:
Default WAY TO GO CHRISSY!!!

I guess that pound was just waiting to drop off when you least expected it!!!! great!!!
I'm celebrating my one pound at a time---- its one lb. closer to where I want to be!!

This is an excellent idea for a weekly thing---- please start one next week too so we can all chaeck in with each other !!
Ellie
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Dec-12-01, 10:29

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 209.9/206.6/140 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 5%
Smile WOW!!!!

After reading all this good stuff I am so pumped to keep going - this forum is the greatest!

I would comment on everyone's trials and tribulations individually, but the way things are going here, I would be adding another 25 page letter! You're all doing so terrific and I'm so inspired to keep on going! I was also tempted at my husband's Christmas party - it was a sit down and the meal was filet mignon, swordfish, potatoes (boo), and a decorative side of a piece of red pepper, a couple of carrots and three spears of aspargus - I ate only the meat, fish and some of the lc veggies - I stayed away from the carrots. Then came dessert - it was some yummy looking raspberry cake - but I did not have even one bite - and instead of drinking the whole time (my usual mode of operation) I only had one glass of red wine with dinner and had diet pepsi the rest of the time.....I danced quite a bit - would have danced more if my feet wouldn't have been killing me so bad - darn those high heel shoes!

I almost had a heart attack getting ready for the party - I had bought my outfit about 2 months ago - and have since started lc'ing - if I'd have started a couple of weeks earlier, I'm not sure I would have been able to wear it! The skirt was so loose I kept having to turn it around - it was swiveling on me when I danced and the top looked like I was swimming in it - yea!!!!

Well, to everyone out there - keep up the good work and don't get discouraged - I ran into a girl in the hall here at work that I see very rarely and I told her she looked like she'd lost weight - she said she lost 70 pounds this year - I asked her how and she said, "Atkins!" - gotta love a true testamonial like that!
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Dec-13-01, 07:45

BF:
Default Hey MINDYD.....

Isn't that a fantastic feeling to put something on and have it be TOO LOOSE for a change!!!!??? After all the struggling to get into too tight clothes, and praying the seams will hold out til you get home Sounds like you're doing great!!
Ellie