Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Jun-07-04, 06:56

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 395/380/165 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Goodmorning!

I, Whitney, make this contract with myself and my fellow challengers:

I commit to staying physically active for the next eight weeks. I will use this thread to stay accountable ... Each Monday, I will make goals and post them. And I am going to do my very best to achieve ‘em, too!

Week One:
Cardio- 6x a week
Resistance- 4x a week
At least 40 crunches each day

I'm so excited for this challenge! Everyone have a great Monday.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Jun-07-04, 07:02

Plan: RNY Gastric Bypass 2/1/10
Stats: 378/163/150 Female 5 ' 5"
BF:
Progress: 94%

By the way....does anyone know where to buy a pedometer?

I got mine in a Mcdonalds Go Active meal with a salad and bottled water. It works well enough. But you could probably get a nicer one in any store...I don't know what stores you have by you but here I've seen them in Targets, Walmarts and Kmarts.
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Jun-07-04, 07:06

Plan: RNY Gastric Bypass 2/1/10
Stats: 378/163/150 Female 5 ' 5"
BF:
Progress: 94%

Oh and I forgot to add my start weight for this challenge it's 308.4 lbs and my goal for the end of this 8 weeks is to be close to 20 lbs lighter at about 288 lbs and more active.....I think this goal is realistic because to date I've been losing an average of 10 lbs or more each month....I'm hoping this doesn't change too soon!....LOL

I will be doing my first day of walking today I'm very excited!!

Good luck all!!!
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Jun-07-04, 07:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

Hi lucklady:

I was looking at pedometers on ebay and there were some great prices on new ones. Let us know how you like using one if you get a new one. I have always wondered if they were helpful!

Orchid
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Jun-07-04, 07:32
One day at a timer

Stats: 328.5/280.5/180 Female 5 feet 10 inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

I, Sophia, make this contract with myself and my fellow challengers: I commit to staying physically active for the next eight weeks. I will use this thread to stay accountable ... Each Monday, I will make goals and post them. And I am going to do my very best to achieve ‘em, too!

Week One …
* Walking (3x week)
* stretching (3x week)

Starting weight: 294

Oprah's Journaling Question
How does it feel to make a commitment to living a healthier, happier life? What will you do to guarantee you will stick with it?

(I will come back later and answer this...want to think about it.)
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Jun-07-04, 07:55

Plan: my own
Stats: 253/176.0/153 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

I, Char, make this contract with myself and my fellow challengers: I commit to staying physically active for the next eight weeks. I will use this thread to stay accountable ... Each Monday, I will make goals and post them.

Thank-you Monika for the encouragement!

Week One-
Walk 3 times this week for at least 20 minutes each time.

Journalling question- It feels very empowering to make a committment to a healthy lifestyle. This is something that I am in control of and totally responsible for. My guarantee is not really something I will do, but rather something that I have. I am diabetic and I know that this lifestyle is one that works for me to keep blood sugars in control. When my resistance starts fading, I just have to think of the alternatives. The complications of this disease are not something I want visiting anytime soon!
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Jun-07-04, 08:50

Plan: Low Calorie/Low Carb
Stats: 208/175/133 Female 62
BF:32%
Progress: 44%

Goodmorning!

I, Julie, make this contract with myself and my fellow challengers:

I commit to staying physically active for the next eight weeks. I will use this thread to stay accountable ... Each Monday, I will make goals and post them. And I am going to do my very best to achieve ‘em, too!

WEEK ONE
2 mile WAP tape every day except Sunday
local jog/run every day (not raining and not Sunday)

Starting weight 13 stone 7.4 lbs - 189.4 lbs.

Last edited by Magpies : Mon, Jun-07-04 at 09:01.
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Jun-07-04, 10:53

Stats: 296/258/136 Female 5 ft. 6 in.
BF:Lots, definately
Progress: 24%

I, Lori, make this contract with myself and my fellow challengers: I commit to staying physically active for the next eight weeks. I will use this thread to stay accountable ... Each Monday, I will make goals and post them. And I am going to do my very best to achieve ‘em, too!

Week One …at least 5 days a week, I will do one of the three following activities:

* Walk a mile (or more )
* Recumbent bike for at least 30 minutes
* Bike riding (2 miles or more)

STARTING WEIGHT: 273.5 (post edited to include this )

Wanted to get my thread up here now and will think on the journaling question (great idea btw!!). I am also going to start a gym log to help me keep better track and make me more accountable!

Have an awesome and fit Monday everyone .

Last edited by LoriLoCarb : Mon, Jun-07-04 at 11:51.
  #24   ^
Old Mon, Jun-07-04, 11:12
O2B PB Free!

Plan: LC
Stats: 242/229/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 13%

I, Dell, make this contract with myself and my fellow challengers:

I will continue to walk on the treadmill at work five days per week, increasing my mileage from the current 1.10 miles to 2 miles per day. I will not do my cool-down walk until achieving my desired mileage.

I will also begin to incorporate more weight lifting in my routine.

Each Monday I will post my goals for the week, and each Friday I will post my results.

My starting weight (this morning) was 228.

As for pedometers, I have purchased two cheap ones from WalMart that were great. Gave one to a friend, and have misplaced the other. My husband picked up another one for me there a few weeks ago, and the clip on the back (that keeps it on my pants) snapped off within three days! They are very useful for keeping up with mileage and especially steps taken each day. I'm looking to get another one, and after reading what Orchid wrote, I'll check ebay out!
  #25   ^
Old Mon, Jun-07-04, 11:58
Registered Member

Plan: Dr Atkins Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 268/257/150 Female 68
BF:39%
Progress: 9%
I, Cindy, make this contract with myself and my fellow challengers: I commit to staying physically active for the next eight weeks. I will use this thread to stay accountable ... Each Monday, I will make goals and post them. And I am going to do my very best to achieve ‘em, too!

Week One …Four to five days/wk, I will do a minimum of three of these four activities:

* 10 variations of sit-ups (20 reps ea)
* Curves (30+ minutes)
* P90 (35+ minutes)
* Pilates (45+ minutes

My start weight for this challenge is 242 lbs.

Cindy
  #26   ^
Old Mon, Jun-07-04, 16:32

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 333/199.8/172 Female 5'8"
BF:??/39.0/25
Progress: 83%

I am joining again this time. I didn't make the commitment to the last challenge due to other priorities, but I did continue exercising.

My goals are to do the 2 mile WAP video 3 times per week and to continue increasing upper body strength using dumbells 3 times per week. I'm logging everything I do in my gym log. I tend to be busy during the summer on the weekends, so I am planning to get the majority of my workouts done during the week.

I may do these more than 3 times, since I'm really enjoying working out. (Don't faint Monika!) I'm the one who said she'd never exercise just for exercise sake. Now I really like the way it makes me feel and it's really kicking in the fat loss!

My starting stats:
100.5 FM, 42.7%BF, 134.9 LM, scale weight 235.4.

I AM going to hit the 100 lbs lost during this challenge, and my one year anniversary of starting low carb. It should be a fun and challenging time!

Good luck to everyone!
  #27   ^
Old Mon, Jun-07-04, 17:33
Registered Member

Plan: My Version of M/E
Stats: 284/000/140 Female 65 inches
BF:54%/49.5%/25%
Progress: 197%

I, lynnp, commit to exercise at least 5X per week. I will exercise in the form of yoga or other video at home, elliptical machine at the gym, or outdoor walking or skating. I will also commit to performing weight training 2-3 X per week to build muscle and maintain bone.

I do this for myself because I AM WORTH IT!!

I will continue even while away on vacation and I will post my progress to keep me accountable.

lynnp
  #28   ^
Old Mon, Jun-07-04, 17:37
Registered Member

Plan: My Version of M/E
Stats: 284/000/140 Female 65 inches
BF:54%/49.5%/25%
Progress: 197%
Question Problem with signature

I don't know why, but there is no option to Edit Signature under my User CP. Therefore I cannot include the fitness challenge art work.. Any suggestions from anyone?

lynnp
  #29   ^
Old Mon, Jun-07-04, 18:08
... Pro-Atkins!

Plan: General LC
Stats: 312/274/220 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 41%

Lynn ~

I think you need to have 25 posts before you get access to certain features, like signatures and private messages. Just keep posting and soon you can add one of Mary's sig tags, too!
  #30   ^
Old Mon, Jun-07-04, 18:41

Stats: 360/336/179 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 13%

Hi everyone - I, Teresa, make this contract with myself and my fellow challengers: I commit to staying physically active for the next eight weeks. I will use this thread to stay accountable ... Each Monday, I will make goals and post them. I will do my best to remain faithful to the program.

Week One:

* Stretching 20 - 30 min before work
* Upper body lifting
* Water walking (when I can - I have ANOTHER foot injury!! )

I have no idea of my weight but think what I have posted is close. Hope to get a new scale sometime soon but have been going by the feel of my clothes!