Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-04, 07:27

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 395/380/165 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Kathy, your stall could be caused my several things. Many people begin to stall from the effects of too much splenda, or even SF jello can stall some people. Exercise can often break a stall so maybe your new videos will do the trick. You just have to test things out. Try not have splenda for a day.... if you lose, then that could possibly be it. Hope everyone is having a great day!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-04, 08:00
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 255/240/185 Female 5" 9 inches
BF:
Progress: 21%

Thanks for all the support guys. Last night sucked as I was so craving chinese food. Don't know where that came from but my husband helped me through it. I am so glad that he is so supportive and doing this with me. I can say to him, honey I am so dying for ..... and he will usually help me get through it. The problem comes during the day. But I know I can do it. I need to find some snacks that I can have. I do eat celery and cream cheese (my fav) but I need something else. Might have to do some searching today. Well I better get going, have to go run some errands. Everyone have a good day. Oh and I was thinking, I have a hard time drinking all the water I need. Not that I don't love water, I do but the more I drink the more I pee and well with three young kids my days seem to fly by. Any suggestions!

Jamie
  #33   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-04, 08:52

BF:

Tullip.... I too hate that about water. At first I was running to the bathroom every 15-30 minutes. But I guess my body has adjusted to it b/c it's not nearly as bad now. Lemon juice is a great way to add a little flavor to water....but doesn't solve the bathroom problem.
  #34   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-04, 09:27

Stats: 230/149/125 Female 5feet 2inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

Tulip, I think everyone hates that about water. It's similar to being pregnant. I agree with gachic, I think after a bit your body adjusts and you don't have to go as often. You still go a lot but not as much as in the begining. Don't you just hate leaving them (kids) so you can go to the bathroom. They can get into so much trouble so fast. It's even better when they are outside the door talking to you and trying to stick their little fingers under it.
  #35   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-04, 09:41

Stats: 285/258/175 Female 5'5.5 inches
BF:53%
Progress: 25%

Wow! Is that the truth both about the bathroom and the children. I am going to stop the splenda for the day and see if that helps. But it never stalled me before. Someone on another thread said that your body has to get used to your new way of eating so I'm hoping that it. Because the thought of giving up my splenda is worrysome because whatelse is there? Aspertaine is not good for you! I have two questions for all you.

What do you eat as a snack?
What do you have when you have a sugar craving? Is there a special lC recipe you can share with us?

Just thought these questions would not only help me by others as well.

Thanks!!
  #36   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-04, 13:42

BF:

For a snack, I have pepperoni, cheese, slim jim, sugar free jello, celery, mixed nuts, or pork rinds with cream cheese. I'm kinda stuck if I have a sweet craving. I usually have sugar free jello or every once in awhile, a tablespoon of sugar free peanut butter. I haven't had splenda since I start Atkins. I know you have a few more options for sweets if you do have splenda. I wish I could find a few more snacks. I'm getting sick of the same ones.
  #37   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-04, 14:15

BF:

Snacks: deviled eggs, peperoni with cream cheese, celery, almonds, dill pickles,
califlower/turnip/cherry tomatoes/cucumber with dip, cheese.

Sweets: sugar free/caffeine free root beer, hot chocolate with a big dolop of whipped cream, whipped cream and berries, melon balls.
  #38   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-04, 04:42

Plan: Just cutting back
Stats: 248/248/170 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi everyone!

Sorry not to have posted for a while!

I just got over a major stall myself--for a week and a half I weighed the same, even gaining a pound at one point--yet I was doing everything "right" and exercising 40-60 minutes a day! I really couldn't figure it out, until my husband pointed out that I *looked* thinner, even if the scale didn't say so. Also, a couple of my friends at work noticed that I was starting to lose weight. And then I noticed that my clothes were starting to fit more loosely than they have in a long time . . . my size 18's are baggy and the size 16's fit just right again. (14's, 12's, here I come!)

Moral of the story--I think I was gaining muscle from all the exercise, and my body was adjusting to everything, and that's why my weight stalled. But I *was* losing fat. Do you *feel* better than before? If so, then I say, forget the scale!

This morning I was down 2 lbs. finally from my stall weight. I guess it just takes patience.

Good luck!

-Leana

Re: Snacks--I love celery sticks with no-sugar peanut butter, canteloupe with cottage cheese, raw almonds, berries, and soy hot dogs with low-carb ketchup (no bread).
  #39   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-04, 06:08

Talking

Hi Everybody!!

Boy of Boy Leana are you right. I was stalled for about two weeks and last night my husband said that my daughter and him were talking about how much weight I lost and how great I looked. So this morning I stepped on the scale and I lost 3 pounds and since last week I lost 6 more inches all over 2 of those inches were in my stomach! I am soooooo happy this morning. I guess patience is the key. Another stressor for me is the new scale and it saying 5 more pounds then my old one and not being able to change my weight on here until I lose the 5. Only two more to go and I will be in the 250's. Yea!!!!

What I think is really helping is the relacore and the ooo. Just for the record I couldn't give up my splenda yesterday, but I did cut down. I did have a major way to go yesterday though, my daughter and her boyfriend came over and I had a meeting so I ordered pizza from our favorite pizza place. Well I left for my meeting just as the pizza got there. Well when I came home 4 slices were sitting there on a plate. I wrapped them up for my husbands lunch and put them in the fridge. I completely ignored one of my favorite things in the world!!

Kathy

Last edited by kathjef : Thu, Jun-03-04 at 06:09. Reason: Forgot my name!
  #40   ^
Old Fri, Jun-04-04, 07:25

Hey Buddies where are you???? Haven't hear from anyone in awhile. How are you all doing?????

Kathy
  #41   ^
Old Fri, Jun-04-04, 10:14

BF:

Hi All!
Sorry I haven't had much free time. DH and the boys are all sick. Being the only healthy one I am run off my feet. I have been washing my hands like crazy to try and avoid it.
Have a good weekend. I'll stop in when I can.
  #42   ^
Old Sat, Jun-05-04, 12:27
Registered Member

Stats: 255/240/185 Female 5" 9 inches
BF:
Progress: 21%

okay guys, sorry i have been mia this week! My husband was fixing someones computer so ours was disconnected. I missed you guys though! I seem to be stalling as well, but I have started to excercise a little more so who knows if I am gaining a little muscle or not! I better get going, time for lunch, but I will write more later.

Jamie
P.S. the water thing has gotten a little better. I made some hot wings (from a recipe of here) and they were very hot, i ended up drinking 5 glasses of water(big oneS). So if you ever need to drink some water eat some hot wings. Worked for me!
  #43   ^
Old Sun, Jun-06-04, 15:04

Plan: Just cutting back
Stats: 248/248/170 Female 5'9"
BF:

Hi Everyone!

Whoa! This is weird. I was stalled for about a week and a half, then it started to come off slowly . . . and then suddenly, in the last week, I've lost, like, 4 lbs.! The thing is, I haven't been doing anything differently before, even cheated a little, and because I was sick (bad cold) I stopped exercising for a few days. Do you suppose being sick made me lose weight, somehow? I think I was still eating normally.

I dunno . . . I'm glad, but surprised! Has this happened to anyone else?

--Leana
  #44   ^
Old Sun, Jun-06-04, 16:26
Registered Member

Plan: today
Stats: 245/245/135 Female 5'5"
BF:100%!

Hi! Can I be a buddy, too? I need a buddy...one with rope and duct tape to secure my hands and mouth so I don't eat!!! I have slowly started LC over the last month. I lost 1lb at Friday's weigh-in club and I ate a candy bar today. I am LCing by myself. My husband "doesn't gain weight". Yes...I hate him!!! Really, he is supportive. How about :
The Bodacious Buddy Bunch??? Becky
  #45   ^
Old Sun, Jun-06-04, 16:32
Registered Member

Plan: today
Stats: 245/245/135 Female 5'5"
BF:100%!

Gracejoy and everyone, Probably being sick kept you losing. Your body burns tons of calories trying to killing off bacteria/viruses to make you healthy again. For instance, everytime my body loses one fat cell it fights tooth and nail to put it back!!!!