Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Dec-01-01, 15:37

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 195/195/135
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default 190's Club

Hi, I would like to start a club for people in the 190 range. I weigh as of now 193. We could give each other support.
I weighed 150 about 7 year's ago. We moved to a new state, Texas, was lonely, and I quit smoking, and I gained all my weight back. I can still remember tho how it felt to be 150. I am big boned, so I was slim at 150. I lost to 150 on a low fat diet and almost lost all my hair. It is not healthy. I am committed now to get this weight off and feel good once again. Please join and let me know your feelings. Hug's, Shirl
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Dec-01-01, 18:25
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Hi Shirl ,

But we do have one This is the purpose of the triple digits club, support of those with 100+ lbs to lsoe, and encouragement for those of us who have a lot to lose.

Unless I misunderstood what you meant by 190's club? Otherwise, we'd have too many clubs (180's, 170's, 250's, 230's etc.) with just a few participants.

If I missed the point, please let me know. We're always ready to open separate forums for support when there's an obvious need for one.

Wa'il
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Dec-01-01, 18:40

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

Wa'il, what about having a 190s thread? (Not that I'm anywhere near 190!) I can relate to wanting to have a place to "chat" with people near one's own weight. I've seen boards with Countdown Clubs -- Countdown to 275, Countdown to 250, Countdown to 225, etc. Each is a thread. It's kinda fun to "graduate" from one countdown club to another. As the forum grows, there may be age-related threads, too.

I know having a lot of forums drives some people crazy -- it's hard to remember where to go, or what was where. But others may like a small room with others in similar circumstances.

Just a suggestion I'm still finding all the wonderful little "nooks and crannies" of this forum.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Dec-01-01, 19:38
Forum Founder

First, I mistunderstood 190's club to be for those who need to lose 190 lbs!

As for creating specific countdown threads, that s sounds intersting.

Wa'il
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Dec-01-01, 22:42

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

With apologies to Shirlfe, who wanted to start a club not a conversation, I'm sure, I had another idea for this. I think Shirlfe has hit on a real need -- there are lots of people here with 40, 50, 60 pounds to lose and they're a bit left out between the Turtles and the Triple Digits.

So perhaps there is need for a forum, or a few threads, aimed at those with 50 pounds to lose, 25 pounds to lose, etc.?

Shirlfe, there are a lot of people on the board in the 190 range, so I hope some will find this thread and join you
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Dec-02-01, 09:17

BF:
Default What I meant was

I have about 55 pounds to loose and need the support doing this.
I thought it would help if we could get together to get the job done.
Thanks Alto, for letting people know there is a need for people with 40 or 50 or 60 pounds to loose.
And thanks tamarian for listening to me.
Sure glad I only have 55 pounds to looose and not 190, but I feel for anyone, no matter what they have to loose, we need the support.
Hug's Shirl
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Dec-02-01, 10:52
Forum Founder

Default Re: What I meant was

Quote:
Originally posted by Shirlfe
but I feel for anyone, no matter what they have to loose, we need the support.

Hmmm, believe it or not, this entire web site is dedicated to the support of anyone on low-carb, and has been doing it successfully for over a year.

Wa'il
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Dec-02-01, 12:32

BF:
Default Thank you and I apreciate this web.

I was Just thinking more personal Hug's Shirl
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Dec-02-01, 16:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/178.2/140
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default I'm In Your Range

(((((Shirlfe)))))

I too, as a newbie, felt like I wasn't sure where to fit in because of the titled Triple Digits, Turtle, etc. But I will say that everyone has responded to me on all questions and just to encourage, so I think we will find the support no matter which thread we look at.

I am at 183 from 190 in just 6 days, but I notice the scale is fluctuating a pound or two up and down. But that's okay, I will not judge until the 14th day.

Today's menu:

4 pieces of bacon (not hungry enough to include eggs)
16 ozs water

Salad of Spring Mix (arugula, radiccho, baby lettuce leaves, baby red chard), shredded cheddar cheese, grilled chicken and crumbled bacon with ranch dressing
16 ozs water

8 ozs Crystal Light lemonade

Turkey burger
steamed cauliflower
16 ozs water

Will drink 2 more 16 ozs waters or lemonade or maybe a diet coke

Please include your menus for encouragement, ideas and general guidance.

Thanks and good luck on your journey
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Dec-02-01, 17:04

BF:
Default Great support here

Yes there is great support here on all the forum's.
I guess I was Just looking for some one near my weight to count down the pound's to.
Look's like you are doing good.
Here's what I had: Some chicken wings, sugar free Jello with cream. 2 tablespoon's peanut butter. And I am going to have a big salad for supper.
I am down from 195 to 190, Hope I lose to 180 or below by Christmas. I gained some back, but I am on a roll now, a pound a day. Have a great evening. Hug's' Shirl
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Dec-02-01, 18:37

BF:
Default You Can Do It!

That sounds like an attainable goal. I guess you and I are the two charter members of this club, lol, so encourage each other we shall. I too would like to be about 15 pounds lighter by Christmas, or even less. Are you on induction or already past that, or are you doing another plan altogether?

I posted my dinnner as a turkey burger and steamed cauliflower, I am not hungry and it's already 7:30 here, may just do the steamed cauliflower.

Btw, I am 52, married, one son (28) and one grandson (8). We all live together since son's divorce 6 years ago. How about you?
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Dec-02-01, 23:37

BF:
Default kyfaithly

Hi, Yes so far we are the only ones here.
I am not on induction, but trying to follow Atkins.
I am 61, married 44 year's and a mother of three 43, 37 and 39. Grandmother of 4, (10, 8, 6, and 5) 3 boy's and a girl.
I have gained quite a bit of weight after quiting smoking 6 year's ago. I was a a decent size then. I weighed 150 lb's. Hoping to get back at that weight, or 135. Rather be 135.
I am really tired being this weight, and I think I am now to a point, I am ready to shed it.
Welcome to the club and I know we can be a support to each other. Hug's, Shirl
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Dec-08-01, 06:48

Plan: cad/calp
Stats: 200/186/160 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default 190 lb range

yea , i have just finished induction and am on day 19 of diet , ihave been trying to find a place to fit for my weight range. i started at 200 lbs. and lost 10 lbs by day 12 on inducton. then gained a lb back for 9 lb loss and nothing since then, i want to talk to other people aboout this phase , i 'm ready to start over on the induction again to see if i had sugar by mistake . i'm not looking for a big drop at one time but i thought that i would lose the lb. back. i have at least 50 to go . i started on introductions but found out that it should be only for intros. even tho' i read and reply to some. when i went looking , i found i didn't fit into triple digits or turtles so i went to daily low carbs but found that wasn't my spot excet to share info. so thanks for this forum.i'm with you. if it doesn't fit you , it won't help. wawtigress

Last edited by wawtigress : Sun, Dec-09-01 at 10:23.
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Dec-08-01, 14:13
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello waw,

Here are some general hints on how to use the forum...

The Daily Low Carber is for general discussions about low-carbing.

For personal advice on how you're doing, the best best thing is to start a Journal in the Journal forum. If you look at other peoples journals, you will notice that they record what they ate for the day, and some will record activities. A journal keeps all your information in the same place so you can refer to it easily.

Everyone eats differently, so it's hard to give suggestions unless we know what you're eating.

Some other great features of this board are in the orange bar at the top of the page, especially in the Low-Carb Tips and Low Carb Tools. There is also the Search feature at the top right of the page where you can search for topics that have come up before.

It takes a while because there is so much info here, but you'll soon be clicking through like a pro!

Karen
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Dec-09-01, 05:24

BF:
Unhappy Bah Humbug!!

Hey Shirlfe--

I have been caught in :"Tis the Season" activities since the 3rd (working the Secret Santa Shop at my grandson's elementary school everyday last week) and literally stuck in the Christmas traffic for three days !! But you would be proud of me, I made sure I ate my induction meals before I went, or I would stop at Arby's and get a Big Montana, throw away the bun and eat the roast beef. I also ate at Sonic (a drive in restaurant here) and would order bacon cheeseburgers and they were yummy!!

Whooo Hoooo I just got on the scale and I am down to 179.8 this a.m. That's close to 10 pounds in 14 days. Today is big decision day , last day of induction, where do I go from here??? I am reading Protien Power and Carbohydrate Addict's to try to decide.

I am 52, married to my high school sweetheart for 34 years, mother of a 28-year old, grandmother of an 8-year old. They live with us (have for 7 years).

I too have gained weight steadily at a rate of 10 pounds per year, my goal around 140 or maybe 130, depends on how I look and feel. 130 was my optimum weight for years, but I was also in my 20's then. My reason for wanting to lose is because I am tired of feeling "old" and my feet and knees are tired of carrying around all that extra weight. I feel if I am winded, tired, and in pain from this weight now, I will be a mess in 10 years!

How are you doing, still losing??

And are you ready for Christmas (assuming you celebrate)?