Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-04, 12:03
Anyone?? Bueller?

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%

Welcome to the challenge Melissa!!

I think avocados are considered a fruit, that's why you don't see them on the acceptable foods list. A lot of KISSers include them in their menu with no problems, myself included. I also use small amounts of mayo and refused to give up my one mug of coffee.
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-04, 12:06
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

Happy Wednesday Wilandrea! You are going to be smashing for your wedding in July!
  #78   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-04, 12:48

Plan: stress & low carb
Stats: 298/242/175 Female 5' 7
BF:WAY/ TOO/ MUCH
Progress: 46%

Ok Call Me Crazy Here...i Just Had A Thought....

When I First Did Atkins Back In November 2003 I Was Able To Loose About 8-10 Lbs In My First Week!!

I Restarted Atkins Again In March 04 And Have Never Been Able To Loose So Much At Once. I Kinda Lost A Little Here, A Bit There....well Enough Babbling, Now I Think I Realize Why I Lost So Much So Quickly The First Time Around - I Only Ate Kiss Foods Back Then!!! Perhaps Y'all Are Right - Kiss Is The Key!!! I Am Really Trying My Best To Stick To It Though, Its Hard For Me Since I Eat Mostly On The Road...

Thanks For Listening...
  #79   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-04, 14:28
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

You can do it Lisa!!
  #80   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-04, 16:05

ok dinner was: 3 fried drumsticks and a small salad
  #81   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-04, 16:59
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

Dinner:
Seasoned broiled cod and fried cabbage with a dollop of mayo
  #82   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-04, 18:32

Plan: IF & Paleo
Stats: 270/254/150 Female 68 inches
BF:--- too much!
Progress: 13%

Hey KISS friends,

I am dealing with a major family crisis. My 4 yo nephew was hit by a car and I've been at the hospital since last night. He should be ok, but he has a concussion and bruises and scrapes and whatnot... someone just plowed into him and my mom when they were crossing the street at the mall.

Well, food is not good... but I will be back soon.

Paris
  #83   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-04, 20:36
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

(((((((((( Paris )))))))))))))))) Please know that I am thinking of your nephew, and your family.

We will be here when you get back, my sweet friend.
  #84   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-04, 06:12
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

Good morning KISSers!

Day three for me and all is well. I hopped on the scale this morning, and 5 pounds of the 9 pound bloat are gone already! That put's me at 125.

Breakfast:
Coffee with cream
2 egg omelet with sliced mushrooms
  #85   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-04, 06:53

Oh Paris!!! Im So Sorry To Hear That - How Stressful!!

Well On My End I Made It Thru!! Its So Hard To Get Back On Track After A Few Days Cheating....but Now Im On Day 2!!! Yippeee

Last Night I Had 3 Fried Chicken Drumsticks

(and 2 Atkins Cookies...4 Carbs). I Know That Wasnt Kiss-able, But I Figured It Was Better Than A Cheat. Im Working On This Kiss Thing. Its A Bit Difficult For Me. I Never Realized How Much 'processed' Foods I Eat! No Wonder I Dont Loose Fast!!!!!

Well This A.m. I Too Have Lost 4 Of The 7 Lbs I Gained On My Cheat, So For Me That's Great!!!! So Now I Was At 240 And Today I Am At 236.

For Breakfast Today I Ate An Omlette W/ Peppers, Onions, And Cheese (oops I Know No Cheese, But I Remembered That After I Order It...) Sorry. Im Still Trying To Get Accustomed To This Kiss Thing.

***OH BTW, my grandma is cooking several foods for me that are KISS-able so i should be doing better by tonight! She's making me turkey, steak w/ mushrooms and onions (my favorite) a leg o lamb, london broil.

mmmm i cant wait til dinner now!!!!!
  #86   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-04, 08:00

Stats: 267/172.5/135 Female 67 inches
BF:36+%/33.8%/20%
Progress: 72%

Paris, I'm really sorry about what happened. My prayers are with you. Take care and hope to hear from you again soon.

Thanks to all for the welcome. I plan on today being day one of this challenge, but didn't plan well enough.

I didn't have any food prepared and can't leave work for lunch. I also have to go to the dentist immediately after work today. So I stopped at walmart on the way in (only thing open) and bought 3 packages of tuna. I had to get water packed since they didn't have oil.

I'm afraid I'll be starving myself today, which is not what I intended. The total calories in all 3 packs is only 300. As soon as I get home I'm going to fix some chicken strips in olive oil and string beans.

Is rotissere chicken ok on kiss? If anyone knows the spices used at Publix or Albertsons, and if they're ok, let me know.

Wish me luck.

Today I'm at 177 as an official KISS starting weight. My wish this month is to break 170 (get 169) with the help of Kiss. I'm also going to refocus on my cardio/weight scheduling starting tomorrow.

Thanks all for your support.
  #87   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-04, 08:06

Good morning, KISS buddies!

Things are much better with my nephew. He was discharged this AM and is more worried about his b-day party next weekend than anything else. The driver who hit them is under arrest but the charges are unclear. Luckily my mom was completely unhurt.

I am back to day one for KISSing because food has been so uneven that the detox part has not really happened. I've been more on CAD these last few days than anything else. I am putting together my meal plan for today and will post it as soon as I get it finished.

Thanks for all of your support! <<<<<hugs>>>>>

Paris
  #88   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-04, 08:24

Plan: Protein Power/Paleo
Stats: 188.5/169.5/145 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:way/too/much!
Progress: 44%

Way to go, Lisa! You'll get there eventually!

It's funny how helpful these boards can be, and so unhelpful at the same time. I have always believed that AS were bad and that the goal of LCing should be to purify our diets and eat only whole foods. But reading so often about how easily people use AS, esp. Splenda, has gotten me using it quite a bit. I really want to get the processed stuff out of my diet too!

Paris-- so glad your nephew and your mom are okay! That's such a scary thing to happen!

I'm going to be better the rest of today. Dh offered me coffee this a.m. and I made a mocha--lots of cream and splenda! But I poured the rest of the cream into the milk so I won't be tempted anymore!
  #89   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-04, 09:20

Sara, ITA! I've always used Splenda but came on board shunning sugar alcohols... but the peer pressure got to me! I really need to take control of what I am eating and use the carb ladder when adding foods back in to my plan.

I did breakfast - pork loin chop sauteed in grapeseed oil, fauxtatoes and Roma tomato. I also had my sugar-free Metamucil on awaking and took my other supplements after breakfast. So far so good!

I hope everyone is having a most fabulous KISSing day!
  #90   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-04, 11:52

Lunchtime Update:

Chicken Salad W/ A Small Tossed Salad

**i Did Buy This At The Deli So I Dont Know If Any Sugar Was Added To The Chicken Salad....i Hope Not Anyhow. Could It Do Much Damage If There Was?

Dont Worry Guys Im Doin' A-ok Cuz Im Sooooo Looking Forward To Grandma's Cooking Tonight For Dinner!!

Yeah - Happy Day!!