Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Dec-06-01, 21:28

Plan: Atkins/ Modified BFL
Stats: 212/174/23
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default It really is true!!!...I am a believer!

This is just a small update which I hope will be helpful to any newbies, who like myself are struggling with the "is this really healthy" thing.

Just had the results of my blood tests (they tested for everything...3 pages!) The best thing for me was that my cholesterol was NORMAL!!!! Triglycerides NORMAL!!! and Kidney and liver functions NORMAL!!! This after 4 months of heavy cream, cheese, eggs every day, bacon 3-4 times/week! I believed , but was leary....now I'm convinced!

Of course not everyone is the same, and to be honest I don't know what my numbers were before low carbing so this is a bit out of context. But, the cholesterol thang is such fantastic news to me; it just goes against all we hear day in and day out. I love it!

And, frankly I think my doctor was a bit surprised. I know she doesnt' like this program; however in truth I'm not sure she really understands it. I mean how can steak, artichokes, and salad be a bad thing? It was the "english muffins that were killin' me!!!"

Anyway this is just my story...would love to hear how other people's tests have gone, and what improvements or not they have experienced. For me it was the best thing I could hear.

Muse
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Dec-06-01, 21:45

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

Congratulations, and thank you. I needed that today. Today was an All Grease day, and I was having one of those "this can't possibly be healthy, get real" kind of evenings, as I made out my grocery list. I'll be eager to read other experiences -- but thanks for yours.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Dec-06-01, 22:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 285/252/180 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%

Hey Muse.. way to go!!!... great test results.. Thanks for posting the info... it helps alleviate concerns that alot of us have. I was thinking about getting my done in March, I am thinking I should be at my first goal by then.. and it would be good to get a check up... Thanks again!!!

Ramona
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Dec-06-01, 23:45

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%
Default More Positive Test Results

Muse: Congratulations!! Ain't it GRAND!!

I got back positive test results on Tuesday this week and I have results from the end of June this year to compare them to. I started LCing mid September and in the two and a half months I've been doing it I managed to lower my cholestrol from "high normal" to "low normal". So it wasn't even a worry for me but it's improved!! My kidney, liver and fasting blood sugar all great too.
My doc is thrilled as she recommended LC for me and now she has the proof she wanted too.

I was sceptical as well, and now I'm feeling even more confident with this WOE!

Marlaine
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Dec-07-01, 07:26

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Thumbs up

WTG, Toots. So glad to hear the results came back so glowingly positive! Must be a load off your mind. Now get on that ironhorse

xox
Nat
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Dec-07-01, 07:32

BF:

Hahahahaahah Nat....how'd you know it's still collecting dust?

Geez you're some kinda psychic!.....okay okay, I'll jump on it tonight 4 reps of 25 I promise! (do you still have the visual?hahahahaaaha...it's all in the technique, lady!)

Muse
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Dec-07-01, 07:40

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally posted by Muse
do you still have the visual?hahahahaaaha...it's all in the technique, lady!

LOL, the entire restaurant still has THAT visual!!

N
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Dec-07-01, 09:02

Plan: My own
Stats: -/-/- Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 68%

I still have it, that's for sure!

Muse - promise me you'll only ever workout with full make up, hair "done" and in your lilac blouse!!!!

Lisa
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Dec-07-01, 20:47

BF:

Lisaf~

....is there any other way? hahahahahha If the hair and makeup ain't workin,... the whole workout just looses something! Getting ready to saddle up!

Muse
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Dec-10-01, 13:54

Plan: Schwarzbein prin
Stats: 158/155/120
BF:
Progress:

Muse-- so glad to hear this! Thanks for sharing it. For those of us who are hanging on till next october, with ALREADY high chol. and trig. readings, and doctors saying "why don't you just eat a 'balanced diet' and we'll see what happens--I don't know about those 'fad' diets". Now, maybe we all can breath a sigh of relief, and have some hope-due to your results! Thanks! What a relief.

Yb