Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 12:06
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 218/208/140 Female 60
BF:
Progress: 13%
Question What helped you threw the first 2 weeks?

I am almost done with week one. I am very board. Yet I am still on it.

So what helped? Any little secret that made the difference?

Is diet jello ok,
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 12:15
Whoosh me baby!

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 276/258/180 Female 66 inches
BF:Yep, gots to go
Progress: 19%

Variety makes the difference for me. Try not to eat the same thing day after day and get in a rut. Change your meats, cheeses, spices, and veggies. Try changing up salad dressings. Boredom is the kiss of diet death to me.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 12:35
Registered Member

Stats: 211.8/211.8/135 Female 66"
BF:way too much
Progress: 0%

I agree. Try new receipes.. You can some great ones here. Also make sure you plenty of snack foods. I always have deviled eggs, pepproni & cheese, cream cheese rolled in sugar free jello on hand.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 12:37
PuertoRican Princess

Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%

I lost 8 pound the first week so that's what kept me going.

Like everyone else mentioned, mix it up so you don't get bored. So many great meals you can make, like chicken cordon bleu or salmon with steamed broccoli with cheese over it. OH YUM!

Check the recipe section out load of ideas there.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 12:40
Registered Member

Stats: 195/179/130 Female 5 ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 25%

I've just started week 3 and was feeling kind of blah about it the other day and then found some induction receipes on this website and made the Bacon Cheeseburger Quiche and I loved it and it helped me get over the hump. So my plan is to keep going on here and trying new receipes.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 12:50

Plan: atkins
Stats: 162/136/125 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 70%

yes, sf jello is okay, so is wipped cream. Just think about all the weight you lose while you can go out and eat a big 20oz steak w/ broccoli and butter while your "lo fat" diet friends skip meals and pick at thier food. Thats whats kept me going, knowing that I can actually eat real, good, filling food all of the time and lose weight. I used to starve myself and skip meals and would go as long as I could w/out eating and have nowhere near the results I have now. Hang in there.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 13:46
"Natural Mystic"

Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

The first week was hell for me. My head hurt, it was heavy. Boy I was in a brain fog. It's painful to even remember it. Keeping your fat high helps, drink alot of water helped me too and of course coming here for inspiration.

I think that I only lost 2 pounds on induction. My body was mending with all the extra protein I was getting so even though you don't lose as much as you expect to don't get frustrated like I did. Trust the process...IT WORKS and you will make up for the loss when your body starts to trust what you are doing.

Oh yeah don't forget to start execising (after Induction) even if you begin with just walking a little.

Good luck.

red
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 13:53
Registered Member

Stats: 270/194/180 Male 6'
BF:
Progress: 84%
Smile

Knowing that it's only two weeks! You'll be on your way before you know it. hang in there you're dong great.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 13:58
Registered Member

Stats: 165/159/130 Female 5ft 5in
BF:
Progress: 17%

I'm on day 8 of induction, and I'm not really noticing a difference. I don't have a scale, so I'm really not sure of my weight, but my clothes fit exactly the same. I guess I just got excited to loose weight and now I'm wondering if I'm doing the right things. I've heard seveal people mention that if your not really heavy, it comes of slower. I'm trying to be patient! =)

I'm also noticing that I can't afford to not eat the same old thing everyday. My hourly wage working the front desk at the EconoLodge really doesn't provide a whole lot of grocery money once I pay rent.

One thing that helped me last night was whipped cream...I had just a little with a little bit of Splenda to sweeten it and it was great! I would suggest you try some of that Mearra.

~kris
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 14:10
Former Couch Potato

Stats: 209/195.5/165 Female 5' 8"
BF:Oh yeah!
Progress: 31%

Variety is key, as others have said.

If money is tight, do a search for LC on a budget and you will find a number of threads that have a lot of great suggestions about saving money.

There's no denying LC takes a lot more preparation for many of us than our old eating habits. You have to do some things differently to make sure you always have good food on hand. Making up batches of things and cleaning and preparing veggies to have on hand pays off by making this WOE easier, and if you do it right it will also save you money.

While groceries may seem higher, remember you're not eating out as much probably, or ordering take-out or stopping at the 7-11, etc. These things added up too.

Good luck. I just took it day by day in Induction. I focused on getting through the next 24 hrs without cheating and not thinking too much about the long term. It got easier every day!
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 17:49
{{{Kickin Ash}}}

Plan: Atkins 1972
Stats: 223/190/160 Female 5ft8
BF:OUT OF CONTROL
Progress: 52%

Variety, planning a days meals ahead of time helped me from straying. Allways had hard boiled eggs and pork rinds on hand.. Shoot, the weightloss at the end of week one made it all worth the headaches, tiredness etc..
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 18:24
Registered Member

Plan: simple low carb :)
Stats: 165/157/150 Female 67"
BF:Have a boyfriend!
Progress: 53%

vary your foods, that's a big help. eating eggs and salad and chicken breasts all the time nearly drove me insane! also, if you don't want to stay at 20g after two weeks, you don't have to. up your carbs to 25g a day for a week or so, if you are still losing, up it to 30g. just those few grams will make a huge difference in what you can eat. i am at 30g now and eat quesedillas, greek yogurt, crispbread, big hunks of tomato on my salads, pepperjack cheese (the peppers double the carb count), things I wouldn't dare eat while limited to 20g a day.
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 19:11

Plan: atkins
Stats: 154/146/125 Female 5'4
BF:??
Progress: 28%

Hard to say... I've had so many "first weeks" over the past year and not made it through the weekend.

I'm on my 3rd week now, with a teeeeny bit of planned indulgence this past weekend - and I was pretty much aware every second of what I could and could not do regarding this planned indulgence. Never did I go overboard.

I wish I could say what it is that's kept me going this far and even through my indulgence. Just kind of an, "OK, this is it" and I keep saying that.

It helps to use fitday, to come here - even if I don't post, I read. It helps to have nice stuff I can eat & bring to work, and it *really* helps to know what I can grab at a fast food joint or restaurant. It helps to know that what I'm eating really does taste every bit as good as the junk I used to.

Also helps to know that I'm 5 lbs lighter after these 3 weeks, and wonder if it will be 5 more in 3 more weeks??? Man, that would make me sooo happy.

I guess it's a matter of, where will I be if I DON'T do it???
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 19:37

Stats: 175/138/135 Female 5'7"
BF:I did it!
Progress: 93%

Get naked and take a good look at yourself in the mirror. That does it for me every time. There's nothing like seeing big old white fat lumps to make you stick with this WOE.
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 21:07
Registered Member

Stats: 218/208/140 Female 60
BF:
Progress: 13%

OH thank you all so much. It is a friendly place here. Thanks!!!