Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 00:45
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 343/244/225 Male 6 ft 1 in
BF:
Progress: 84%
Default I think I found my stall point...

For the past 2 weeks I have been hovering between 275 and 278lbs. Before I was able to lose about 2 pounds per week, after losing almost 30 lbs during induction. I just graduated college, so there was definately some partying going on, and also in the last week I have been cheating more than I ever had (an entire TGI fridays non- LC meal, pizza on two different nights, WHITE CASTLE!) and now I guess what I am asking for is some encouragement, or maybe some frightening tales to keep me on track. I have my 5 year high school reunion at the end of june and I dont want anyone to recognize me. Thanks!
P.S. Thanks KG and the rest of the Timberwolves for a terrific season. We'll beat the Lakers next year when Kobe is in prison
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 01:32
aka Celestine

Stats: 247/185/160 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 71%

Hey Ryan,

I think you know why you've stalled and what to do about it! The only frightening tale I can think of is to ask you if you want to gain back what you've lost?? Think about how many pounds you can realistically lose before your reunion and GO FOR IT!

Liz
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 05:27

Stats: 244/217/140 Female 5ft. 5in.
BF:
Progress: 26%

I hasve to agree with Liz, think about all the weight you have lost so far. Do you really want to gain it all back?? Hopefully that will be a big motivator for you. Good luck in getting back on the wagon.

Saffron
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 05:40

Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

Sorry but stalling is when you stick with your LC plan exactly and still don't lose.

Eating pizza and not losing isn't a stall and the solution is pretty simple: stop eating things that aren't on your plan.

You've lost really well, so that little "holiday" is not a permanent stumbler UNLESS you let it derail you.

YOU are in charge of what goes in YOUR mouth.
Nothing tastes as good as LOSING weight feels.
It IS physically possible to kick yourself in the derrière so DO IT!

Do you want the high school reunion to see YOU or the blobs of pizza on your waist? YOU decide.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 06:00

Stats: 259/223/148 Female 5'7
BF:No clue
Progress: 32%

Slimryan...the longer you take to get right back on...the harder it is. You might not even regain anything for a couple of months (I didn't)...but the weight WILL come back (for me it seemed like all at once making up for the months I stayed the same while not being on the plan). It took me numerous re-starts before I finally was able to do induction again and I've seen post after post here of others having the same problem.

Stay focused on your goal and don't justify things to yourself.

Good luck!!!

P.S. Whether Kobe goes to jail or not...the Lakers RULE!!!!! The mailman will deliver

L