Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, May-28-04, 22:05

Plan: none atm. bfl mostly
Stats: 128/115/103 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 52%
Default help on ckd 20g carb from someone who's never done it before

hi you guys ckders!

i'm thinkin on switchin to ckd but i need a little push (like why or do i really need to stay on 20g carb) and also basic help (apologize if it sounds stupid)

my question is from this thread (i posted on atkins but then again i know i should really ask you guys here too)

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=187686

appreciate your time to answer my question and thanks in advance. cheers
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, May-28-04, 23:20
Registered Member

Plan: Metabolic Surge
Stats: 170/139/? Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi there -

It sounds to me that what you want to focus on from this point is body composition.

So here's my suggestion: focus on your lifting. The more you try to pack muscle onto your body, the more energy your body will require to sustain itself.

CKD, TKD, BFL, NHE - they are all possible ways to eat while you do this. You'll have to read and experiment to see which way you want to go.

But from here, my feeling is less cardio, much heavier lifting, and some strategic use of carbohydrates in one of the above plans or some permutation thereof.

- Built
  #3   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 02:23

BF:

thank you for your reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Built
It sounds to me that what you want to focus on from this point is body composition.

thats right. down more on bf%

Quote:
So here's my suggestion: focus on your lifting. You'll have to read and experiment to see which way you want to go.

ive read the ckd 101 board and i think way id go about is do exactly what told there (3 sets heavier weight) but i dont think i can afford the p.m. workout so im gonna move all weight to a.m and omit the cardio (is that okay?) i work 10am till late so theres no way i could fit in any pm workout atm. id do cardios days a.m as told but have to drop all cardios on weight training days.

id imagine that my result would be rather slow-er

one more thing theres no such thing like high point in ckd is there
  #4   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 18:37
Registered Member

BF:

Sounds like a plan - maybe have a whey shake with some oil or whipping cream in it before you train so you aren't empty.

I imagine you are planning to lift 3-4 times a week, and either split cardio from lifting days, or keep it for afterward.

Results from ANYTHING you do from this point on are going to be maddeningly slow, because you are lean already.

Welcome to my world

Now, what is "high point"?
  #5   ^
Old Sun, May-30-04, 23:30

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Built
Sounds like a plan - maybe have a whey shake with some oil or whipping cream in it before you train so you aren't empty.

ill work on that never trained with somethin in my stomach, always empty lol

ok sidebar:- erk (stupid q's but had to ask) how do you make whey shake with whip cream? hows that gonna taste like? do use just use whip cream or do you add water to it?

need to find near 0 carb whey tho most protein whey here got like some carbs (about 7 to 16 per serve?)

Quote:
Now, what is "high point"?

high point id say is more bfl term? from my understanding, is that point where you push/lift somethin till you cant go on anymore (or at least heaviest that you could lift)

looks like ckd training is you do 8 reps x 3 sets with weight that is most or quite challenging? at least thats what i did this morning
  #6   ^
Old Mon, May-31-04, 05:38

Plan: NHE/UD2/General LC
Stats: 175/175/175 Male 6'
BF:10/6/?
Progress:
Default Whey -- carbs

I use Twin Lab 'Ultra Whey Fuel' Stupid name, good product. Twin lab is large company so I'm confident that what is on the label is actually in the product. I tend not to trust supplements from small companies. The supplement industry is not very highly regulated. I read about one type of protein bar claiming a certain amount of protein and actually only having half that amount. At least large companies have a lot to lose if they lie.

Per serving: 17 grams protein, 2 grams carbohydrate, 1.5 fat, 90 cals.
Price: $24.99 Sold at large supermarkets (Meijers in Michigan, Perhaps Walmart also??)
Anyway it breaks down to $.58 per serving. I don't think that is too bad, but I used to shop at GNC.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, May-31-04, 08:34

Plan: NHE
Stats: 135/133/140 Female 64"
BF:15%
Progress: -40%

i'm in love with evopro by cytosport.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, May-31-04, 10:49
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzlin182
ill work on that never trained with somethin in my stomach, always empty lol

ok sidebar:- erk (stupid q's but had to ask) how do you make whey shake with whip cream? hows that gonna taste like? do use just use whip cream or do you add water to it?

Make your shake with water, throw in a splash of heavy cream. Just a couple of tablespoons worth. A tablespoon of olive oil or flax or udos oil wouldn't be a bad idea either. I'd wait half an hour after knocking back the shake before lifting. Full stomach isn't grand for exercise.

I vary between rep and set lengths - perhaps start a thread about it somewhere to get feedback from others.

Some stuff, I do 5 sets of 5, others 5 sets of 15, others, one long set, still others, 3 sets of 5-12. Just depends on my focus.