Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View Poll Results: Which LC Snack would be your first choice at the movies?
Nuts 81 34.91%
Cheese 13 5.60%
Beef jerky/beef sticks 30 12.93%
Pork rinds 35 15.09%
Atkins Advantage bars 17 7.33%
Atkins Endulge bars 15 6.47%
Hershey 1 Carb chocolate bars 25 10.78%
Z Bars 6 2.59%
Other bars 3 1.29%
Pickles (however messy!) 7 3.02%
Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

#46   ^
Old Sat, May-15-04, 11:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 161/-/120 Female 5'4"
BF:27/25/19
Progress: 37%
Default Movie Snacks

I usually make a little snack pack of pepperoni, olives, and cheese cubes to bring with me (along with a LC beverage like Arizona Diet Green Tea). This is a nice quiet snack and it doesn't make me miss the usual movie junk food at all.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Sat, May-15-04, 12:15

Plan: keto/paleo with IF 18/6
Stats: 215.0/198.6/175 Female 68
BF:yes
Progress: 41%

Our local movie theater carries Ross choclate bars. That is it for me, as well as bottled water.
  #48   ^
Old Sun, May-16-04, 11:02

Plan: Atkins/Cigarettes/Coffee
Stats: 146/135/120 Female 5f 4
BF:Oink,Oin,O
Progress: 42%

Chocolate yup yup lol
  #49   ^
Old Sun, May-16-04, 12:12

Stats: 347/280/200 Male 6 feet 1 inch
BF:
Progress: 46%

I am a popcorn junkie. On this diet I try to limit my popcorn intake to 1 small bag every 2 weeks. I found a website that gave the nutritional info for movie theater popcorn. A small bag has 30 grams minus 10 grams of fiber. for net 20 carbs. I just eat very few carbs besides that on that day. If I can convince my gf to eat it with me then I get even less.
I think I'd find it just imposible to order anything to eat at the snack bar without it being popcorn. If I was going to eat anything else I'd probably bring it in with me.
  #50   ^
Old Sun, May-16-04, 15:31

Stats: 245/220/205 Male 6'3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

With all the talk of smuggling going on in this thread, if I were a movie theater manager I'd probably start padding people down before they entered the theater

If I could find one activity that is the most contrary to my lc WOE, it would be watching movies. Some people have a trigger food, movies are my trigger activity. I cannot enjoy a movie without munching on something during the entire film. And low carb foods, because they're so concentrated, do not lend themselves to munching.

I think low carb snacks have a LOOOOONG way to go in the duration of consumption department. Carb-free calorie-free fiber and air need to somehow be incorporated into these snacks to prolong the enjoyment. Let's face it, other than being wickedly high on the glycemic index and anti-ketogenic, popcorn is the perfect movie food - something that can munched on for a long time without too many calories. LC companies need to step up to the plate and come up with something comparable.
  #51   ^
Old Sun, May-16-04, 20:56

Plan: low Carb..sim to atkins
Stats: 200/155/145 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 82%
Talking

For me chocolate and popcorn go together, something my mother taught me at a very young age. So, if I'm eating LC chocolate, you are gonna bet with that popcorn smell I'm gonna have to have some.

I think the little individually wrapped cheeses are great and if bridgeford has no sugar sausages those are a perfect match. I like the 1 sugar carb hershey bars, the taste reminds me of chocolate frosting. I think it's awesome of you guys to be thinking of putting options in your place. I bet your theatre is awesome. What kind of movies do you get? What's the address?

Might as well do a little promotion, since you are tempting us with a nirvana that will serve us low carb snacks at a nominal price.
  #52   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 21:54
I'll get there yet!

Plan: Atkins/nutritionist blend
Stats: 319/284.4/150 Female 66.5 inches
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 20%

I first "met" the Russell Stover chocolates at a movie--they definitely get my vote. Much better than the Hershey bars.

Jude
  #53   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 23:53
Registered Member

Stats: 198/162/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 62%

had to go for nuts...specifically macadamias...but advantage and zbars were right up there on my list!
  #54   ^
Old Sun, May-30-04, 00:58

Plan: Whatever works
Stats: 300.5/200/135 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 61%

I usually don't get a snack at the movies....but if I were to do so, it would be a small bag of pork rinds....some flavor other than hot & spicy or plain.....and certainly NO liquid!!! When I go to the movies I want to see the WHOLE picture....without having to run to the restroom, thank you!!
  #55   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 10:02

Stats: 173/161/120 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 23%

I find it so difficult to sit through a movie without something to snack on, habit I suppose. I've love to see lc icecream or chocolate available, i'd even pay the extra money. I won't hold my breath for lc snacks in cinemas here though. Like with everything else we're always a bit behind.
  #56   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 10:48
Registered Member

Stats: 177.8/135/135 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledjinn
My husband works at a theater (art house and live events, not part of a chain) and he is thinking of incorporating LC snacks. Please vote for your favorite and I will let him know what you think. Also please speak up about a favorite brand or to mention things not mentioned here.

Thanks!

I just have to say, I think the Hershey Low-Carb bars are awful! They're so dry...
I do like the Atkins though. Thankfully I seldom crave sweet treats since I started this WOE but when I want one it's Atkins all the way...

Tawny
  #57   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 10:50
Registered Member

Stats: 177.8/135/135 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by skpaddie
I find it so difficult to sit through a movie without something to snack on, habit I suppose. I've love to see lc icecream or chocolate available, i'd even pay the extra money. I won't hold my breath for lc snacks in cinemas here though. Like with everything else we're always a bit behind.

I didn't even consider LC IceCream....I could definitely vote for that though. Can you imagine what they would charge for LC items? Geesh, regular snacks are pricey enough!

Tawny