Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, May-28-04, 22:27
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 203/159/130 Female 5ft 3inches
BF:??/24%/???%
Progress: 60%
Default help me i am having STALL!?!?!?

is there anyone out there that can help me get through this STALL? i have been the same weight and the same measurement for almost 4 weeks now! i have tried everything from uping my fat intake to walking more, changing from miracle whip to real mayo (YUK) leaving out any low carb bars, cutting back on coffee and still NOTHING...

i almost feel like giving up, i mean i went through a couple stalls before but never this long...

any suggestions PLEASE???
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, May-28-04, 22:49

Plan: Controlled carbs
Stats: 218/195/150 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 34%

#3   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 00:28

Stats: 229/205/170 Female 5'6"
BF:I have Body Fat!??
Progress: 41%

Technically you aren't stalled until you've had no weight or inches lost for 6 weeks. Sometimes our bodies decide to take a track of their own and stop weight loss. This is normal (as frustrating as it is). Before taking drastic steps, you may want to give yourself another couple of weeks to see if things start moving again. It took me five months to get back to losing--but all the time I stuck with low-carbing knowing the good it was doing my body (yes, I wanted to give up several times but couldn't see any good incentive to do that), and ultimately the weight started moving again.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 04:29

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 110/107/105 Female 63
BF:

could you post a sample menu?
  #5   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 05:49
Registered Member

Stats: 203/159/130 Female 5ft 3inches
BF:??/24%/???%

for breakfast i have two scrambled eggs fried in butter

lunch is a sadwich made with atkins bread and typically roasted chicken, mayo, butter and salt 'n pepper

supper is tossed fresh salad with small amount of dressing and some side of meat (burger, pork chop, steak or chicken)

ususally i have pork rinds for an evening snack

throughout the day i sip on black coffee or maybe caffeine freee diet coke

GALLONS OF WATER ALL DAY AND NIGHT!!!
  #6   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 05:50

Plan: Carb Cycling
Stats: 188/173/150 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 39%

Please keep this in mind (and believe me, its really just sinking in for me as well).... Dont lose hope. This is a lifetime change and if you look at the majority of "big losers" in this forum, they have all gone through periods of stalls, falling off the wagon, frustration at slow loss....etc. The key is sticking to it, finding out all the information you can, and tweaking your WOE until you find what works for you. I am currently increasing my fat and calorie intake to see if it helps me start losing. After an initial gain, Im seeing a loss, plus Im alot more satisfied, less hungry. If this doesnt work in the long run, Ill try some other tweaking. Dont give up!
  #7   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 07:46
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

At some point, and you're close to goal, you might find you need to cut back calories a bit.

Also, take measurements. I often find I'm losing inches and not pounds. This site helps you track them: http://www.mybodycomp.com.
  #8   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 09:24

Stats: 190/177/160 Male 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 43%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
At some point, and you're close to goal, you might find you need to cut back calories a bit.

From my experience on "Fat Fast" I would agree with that point. See
Fat Fast- The answer to the stall situation? ..... but quite not that drastically
  #9   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 09:49

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 250/140/140 Female 5' 7
BF:?/28%/?
Progress: 100%

I agree with Nancy and Worldlife. I have found as I get farther along with weight loss, I have increased my veggies and fruits and cut back on higher calorie items. That seems to help keep the scale moving in the right direction (though slowly )for me. Everyone is different, so you may have to play around with it to see what works best for you. Good luck.

Marie
  #10   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 15:54
"Natural Mystic"

Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

Quote:
almost 4 weeks
That's not a stall. More than 4 weeks is a stall. I have had 23 day periods when I had not lost and I was frustrated so I know how you feel. Put the scale away and leave it there for a month. Sometimes your body needs to catch up so it "rests" at a weight for a while. Try increasing your workouts or changing them up.

red
  #11   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 16:32

Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

Maybe you just need to live for some months while low carbing until your body is good and ready to lose some more pounds. Keep up with exercise and water and enjoy how far you've come. The last 10 pounds will eventually come off but not as fast as you would like. The body has its own laws.
  #12   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 21:30
Registered Member

Stats: 200/184/145 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 29%

Do you think the low carb bread could be causing your stall? How long have you been eating it? Have you tested to see if you are in ketosis after eating the bread? Just a thought, I've read that the low carb bread causes stalls for some people. Hang in there!
  #13   ^
Old Sun, May-30-04, 05:10

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 110/107/105 Female 63
BF:

to me, the calorie intake seems a bit low. i would seriously consider replacing the bread with meats and fats as well.
i think you're doing wonderfully; the scale will move!