Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 03:54
Vegas Addict

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 275/275/230 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Stomach Ailments Gone?

I have been low-carbing since last Saturday.
For the last couple years I have had pretty much everyday trouble with my stomach cramping severly and basically having the runs everyday. I never went to the doctor about it because I am of the belief that if something is wrong with me, I don't want to know what it is(bad I know but I have always been that way.)
This past week I have been fine. No problems whatsoever.
Does anyone know if this WOE makes it easier on your digestive system or something?
Whatever it is, I have been LOVING it!
Any input is welcome.
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 07:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

Hi Vegaskelly:

I have always had severe digestive problems. I used to start EVERY morning with an alka seltzer just like some people start with orange juice. I was sick in my stomach every morning and many times during the day as well. Since I have been on this WOL, my digestive problems are completely gone. I feel like a completely different person!

Orchid
  #3   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 10:44

Plan: Low Carb/Low Calish
Stats: 190/140.5/145 Female 5'7"
BF:30%/24.7%/22%
Progress: 110%

I had some terrible digestion "problems" that have resolved since lcing. That alone will make me stick to this wol.

Laura
  #4   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 11:32

Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

A friend of mine started LCing even though she didn't need to lose much weight. She found that her constant indigestion and acid reflux completely disappeared in the first 2 weeks and has never come back - and that's 4 years ago.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 12:48

Stats: 432/370/220 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default Vegaskelly

Yep exactly...Mine were so bad the Doctor was talking about Gall bladder removal...Wake up in the morning so nauseated I couldnt do anything untill I ate a Tagamet and just sit still till it took effect...anytime I ate anything I would get a huge gut ache...if I didnt eat I would still geta gut ache just sorta a differnt kind...Bedtime would be horrible Heart burn when I layed down...YUCK.....after about a week or so into induction it all went away and have had no problems at all....its unbelievable...If you own any stock in whoever makes Tagamet you better sell it cause its gonna drop cause I aint buying it no more...lol..Keep it up Vegaskelly it only gets better...Big John
  #6   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 13:11
Honoured to be here

Plan: atkins
Stats: 302/263/210 Male 6' 1"
BF:
Progress: 42%

everyone's comments, on this and other medical issues, seem to point at one thing...

low carbing IS the way to go...

i used to feel bloated wether I ate or not, just felt full all the time, bad guts in a morning, most of the time in fact, NOT ANY MORE....

all the best, and keep believing...

Tony
  #7   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 15:49

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 145/117/120 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress:

My experience has been the same. For over 12 years I suffered from terrible digestive problems, which were eventually diagnosed as Irritible Bowel Syndrome. The gastroenterologist who diagnosed it told me it was something I would have all my life, and I would have to learn to live with it. I started eating low carb two years ago in order to manage my diabetes and, much to my amazement, my digestive problems cleared up within a very short time - a week or so.

Karen