Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 14:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/158/145 Female 5' 5 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 68%

I eat before I go, then only bring water and perhaps slim jims and couple pieces of cheese. However, I've never been a "have to have snacks at the movies" kinda gal.

Cheers!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 14:21
Registered Member

Plan: -
Stats: 123/123/123 Female 123
BF:
Progress: 20%

We usually go to the movies around a meal time, so I do pack my own snacks. Some examples are Canadian bacon with cream cheese, turkey and cheese roll ups, smoked cheddar sticks, cucumber slices... basically I pack a picnic meal for me. Plus I bring my own non-aspartame soda as aspartame is poison for me. I try not to eat 'special' food, aka low carb candy or other snacks I do not normally eat, because for me they start cravings.

I have not yet been officially caught, though a couple of employees have seen me. One looked at me and asked "Atkins?" and I said yes and grinned. So we got to talking about it since he was interested in starting. He said after seeing what I had brought (Canadian bacon with cream cheese and cucumber sticks) that he knew he could do it. His major issues were meals on the go as he is a student and works full time.

I also do Renaissance faires where one is not supposed to bring in their own food, but as they have nothing I can 'safely' eat (even the steak on a stick has sugary marinade), I bring my own foods. Have gotten a couple of comments, so I just declare allergies and they let it go.
  #18   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 14:47

Plan: Keto
Stats: 284.6/239.0/175 Female 5 foot 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

I had heard the movie theater near me started searching bags. The tickets are only $5, but they make the difference on snacks. This past weekend my SO and I snuck snacks in my purse. I had a Pure Delight Bar and he had sugary gummies. I think I'll start taking pepperoni instead of chocolate.
  #19   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 14:56

Plan: Mostly General
Stats: 235/235/170 Female 5 ft 4
BF:
Progress: 0%

Yeah, I've found that claiming "food allergies" is a lot easier than trying to explain a low carb diet. LOL, go figure. But the bacon and cream cheese is sounding pretty good.
  #20   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 17:34
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Hmm... I never got into the habit of feeling like I must snack while going to a movie. Just a soda is quite enough. Actually, I generally avoid those so I don't have to get up to pee!
  #21   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 17:45

Stats: 296/258/136 Female 5 ft. 6 in.
BF:Lots, definately
Progress: 24%

"I've brought in nuts before (the food not my friends) but I have noticed that whatever I bring with me I will eat to the very end -- thus a bag of nuts ends up being rather dangerous"

hehehehehe Claudius, the "nut" comment above made me giggle . I loved Shrek 2 also!

And yes, the hubby and I sometimes sneak sunflower seeds or a Zcarb bar into the movies with a Diet Rite can each. Makes us feel like we are eating bad =P!
  #22   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 17:48
Registered Member

Plan: Charles Clark
Stats: 163/131/125 Female 170 cm
BF:
Progress: 84%
Smile

I love my movie treats. So I take in an Advantage Bar, Pepperoni stick, BabyBel Cheese round and a bottle of Diet Coke. I may even add to the list!! I love knowing I can happily pig out over a good movie guilt free. I go to the movies alot :-)

cheers
maxa
  #23   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 19:22
Registered Member

Stats: 203/182/130 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default to LisaAC

didn't see a response, although i might have missed it. SA is sugar alcohols.

and i always bring my own snacks, although i usually buy water cause i like it cold. either nuts, or carbslim bites or a zcarb bar (almost the only time i have one). last week when i went to the movies, the popcorn actually smelled kinda nasty to me. rancid.
  #24   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 19:45
Registered Member

Plan: simple low carb :)
Stats: 165/157/150 Female 67"
BF:Have a boyfriend!
Progress: 53%

ew...I wouldn't subject anyone to deviled egg smell except my family, my boyfriend, and my coworkers. You don't want people asking "who farted??!"
  #25   ^
Old Fri, May-28-04, 18:28

Stats: 116/116/110 Female 5'4
BF:15%
Progress: 0%

Quote:
What does the "sa" stand for. I can't figure that one out.

Sugar Alcohol
  #26   ^
Old Fri, May-28-04, 18:34
Registered Member

Plan: Low-Carb Diet Solution
Stats: 188/154/135 Female 65
BF:more than I want!
Progress: 64%
Default cinnamon thingys

I saw somewhere on this board that someone said they bring cinnamon crunch pork rind things to the movies...I've never been able to eat pork rinds, but I might try these if the flavor is good (I just can't swallow the thought of eating pig skin!).
  #27   ^
Old Fri, May-28-04, 18:49

Plan: generic low carb now
Stats: 210/212/145 Female 63
BF:plenty
Progress: -3%

sugar alcohols
  #28   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 01:01

Stats: 229/205/170 Female 5'6"
BF:I have Body Fat!??
Progress: 41%

Oh, I'm really, really bad. We do maybe one or two movies a year--so I'm going to have my favorite--popcorn!

Last movie we went to was in January and we took some LC snacks, too, and had Diet Coke.
  #29   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 07:20

Plan: Atkins Wannabe
Stats: 260 ?/234/140 Female 63 Inches
BF:
Progress: 12%

I went yesterday night to a movie, I brough some pepperoni slices, a sticks of string cheese, and 2 bread and butter SF pickles spears...

I dont know if it was the combonation, but I felt ill about 1/4 way in LOL.... I wont be doing that again!
  #30   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 13:15

Stats: 130.5/119.5/115 Female 4'10.5"
BF:32%/32%/22%
Progress: 71%

I havn't ever bought treats at the movie theater due to the cost even prior to this WOE so its not too big of a deal now to not eat anything when I go. However I do take a small pillow under my coat because those chairs for 2 or more hours kill my hiney.