Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 15:06

Plan: LC BFL
Stats: 279/155/135 Female 5'5
BF:39/24/<20
Progress: 86%
Default forever being tested...

*sigh* so, like 3 times a year, my company reorganizes the entire office to shake things up and keep it interesting i guess. well, i just got stuck in an office with this chick who has a file cabinet drawer full of crap- from every little debbie everything u could ever imagine, all kinds of granola bars, poptarts, etc, etc- just about every non perishable sweet u could imagine. in addition to that, she has 3 HUGE candy dishes on her desk. so, she's been asking me all day "want some chocolate?", "want some gummy worms?", "want some jelly beans?" the 1st time i told her "no thank you, i don't eat sweets", now i feel like a broken record "no thank you", "no thank you", "no thank you". ugh. take a hint b!tch! sheesh- thank god my weakness is potato chips and other salty carb stuff and not sweets because even me- who doesn't even really care for sugar wants to eat a stupid sour patch kid to shut her up LoL man- its really freekin annoying.

and to boot- i have another chick in the same office- theres 3 of us. i dont know the other one, but i've heard she's quiet- thank god. but this other chick is really going to test my patience. already today- since she got here 3 hours ago, she's told me about her marital problems, an affair that she's having with some other guy who works here, her very poor parenting, etc, etc, etc. so then shes all like "i wonder why tiffany (the other girl) isnt here..." so im like i dunno. and she's like "she has a kid the same age as ours... (mines 3, hers is 2, and i guess tiffany's is 4 and she's like...)... atleast we have something in common" so, i can imagine she's going to be the type to compare the 3 of our kids. like "oh you're kid wasn't potty trained till he was 3, mine was 2..." ... "oh, your baby isnt rolling over yet? mine rolled over when she was 2 days old... yours is how old? 4 months?" she really seems like one of those. this should be fun *sigh*

she's a complainer and a hypochondriac as far as i can tell already. she has a migraine, she's hungry, shes tired, "someone shoot me", i didn't get any sleep last night, i forgot to take my meds so dont mind if im a little "off", how many times is my phone going to ring today (umm thats your job chickie- to answer it), whens my lunchbreak (as if she doesnt know), i lost 15 pounds last week because i didnt eat all week, i have 3 drs appointments next week, my back hurts- i think i slept wrong (ummm- i thought u didn't get any sleep?), i have a headache, i have a stomache ache.

oh my goodness thank god i have a 3 year old and have mastered the art of selective hearing.

im sure you'll hear many more vents about this one.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 14:25
Beautifully Chaotic

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 334.5/320.0/150.0 Female 63 inches / 5ft 3in
BF:
Progress: 8%

All I can say is LOL
  #3   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 14:29

Stats: 296/258/136 Female 5 ft. 6 in.
BF:Lots, definately
Progress: 24%

All I have to say is that I am so thankful I work from home . Seriously though, hope it turns out not to be as bad as it initially seems. Good job resisting the sweet jars Crystal - that would be a lot for anyone LCing to deal with! You could always invest in a heavy duty pair of headphones with your CD player =P
  #4   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 14:47

Stats: 372/342/185 Male 70
BF:
Progress: 16%

yikes! that really sucks

hang in there!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 14:48

Plan: Whole30
Stats: 300/269.2/200 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 31%

Hehehe Crystal, you're so funny!
Sorry you're having a hard time at work. Selective hearing is great, I know (I have a 3 yr old too).
  #6   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 14:53

Stats: 185/151/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%

Oh, officemates! You can't pick 'em, and they are hard to get rid of.

If you wouldn't mind faking a diabetic coma, that might take care of Ms. Sour Patch...
  #7   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 14:54
Bouncy!

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 297/173.3/150 Female 5'7" (top weight 340)
BF:41%/31%/??%
Progress: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by adkpam
faking a diabetic coma...

Now there's a good idea!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 15:56

Plan: Whatever works!
Stats: 245.5/235/140 Female 63
BF:Way too much
Progress: 10%

I think a handgun and PMS should take care of that situation 'nicely', other than that, perhaps some headphones and listen to music?

Sometimes the ONLY way to ward off pesky insects is to give them a swift SWAT, just let the affair girl know you are not comfortable discussing personal agenda items at work, the other one, well........you're just going to have to put her out of her misery................

LL
  #9   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 15:15

Stats: 298.2/216.5/150 Female 64 inches
BF:definately....
Progress: 55%

A friend with a similar problem said she started to respond EVERY time her coworker tried to talk to her by waiting a second or two, looking up, and saying (distractedly) "Oh, were you talking to me? I was concentrating on my work and didn't hear you." She said it only took a couple of days before the woman caught on that she really didn't want to chat!

As far as the food -- I think I might be tempted to burst into tears every time she offered me something sweet and say, "I'd rather not talk about it."

I was generally lucky with office mates, with one exception, and he ended up getting fired. (He was an alcoholic who started drinking again.) I don't envy anyone who has to spend their work time with a coworker who drives them nuts!
  #10   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 15:24

Plan: Strict Atkins
Stats: 290/195/150 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 68%

Well, perhaps this is just as hard on her! Maybe she is not so sure of YOU, and is feeling out the waters to see if you will get along. Before completing labelling her as something she may not be, maybe try to think of her perspective as well, and consider the fact that perhaps she is feeling out of sorts adn is trying to just simply figure out the "fit" for everyone, asyou are doing. Iw ish you luck, it is hard when there are a lot of changes,.
  #11   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 16:44

Plan: LC BFL
Stats: 279/155/135 Female 5'5
BF:39/24/<20
Progress: 86%

so today she tells me she's having an affair with some guy who works here and her husband is suspicious and what should she do.... and she is going home early because her fmla just got approved today and she's going to "take advantage" of it. (which she did)

i assure you, my perception of her is right on. im not just being judgemental. shes a nutcase
  #12   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 17:10

Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

Hey how about putting a copy of Dr. Phil's "Relationship Rescue" on her desk with a big red bow - anonymously of course! Good grief!

Orchid
  #13   ^
Old Fri, May-28-04, 05:08

Plan: Strict Atkins
Stats: 290/195/150 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 68%

OMG...ok, holy cow!! You have my sympathies LOL....if you want to shut her up, tell you don't believe in adultery and offer her the name of a priest so she can confess her ":sins" - nand do it with a super serious and concerned look - chances are she won't talk to you again LOL...

i am so sorry you are dealing wiht that!
  #14   ^
Old Fri, May-28-04, 06:26

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Maybe try this:

Next time she starts to talk about her affair and all that, pull out a notebook, look at her seriously and start to take notes of what she is saying. If she asks what you are doing, tell her you are starting an office newsletter and you just want to make sure you get all the facts straight. LOL

Seriously though, she sounds annoying as all get out and you have my sympathy. I think you will get through it though, cause you seem to have a great sense of humour that will keep you sane.

Good luck!
Tracy
  #15   ^
Old Fri, May-28-04, 07:18
Medival Princess

Plan: curves
Stats: 298/214/190 Female 6 ft or 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

or better yet pull out the notebook and take notes, and every once in awhile say somthing like "and how do you feel about that?" then when she asks about it tell her you might as well get paid for giving therepy sessions & that she will get your bill in the mail!

really though I feel for you can you move to a diffrent desk or anything?