Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 07:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/149/125 Female 5feet 2inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

Hi everyone!
My oldest is home with a stomach bug today so I haven't gotten in much exercise and I can really feel the difference. Lack of sleep probably isn't helping either.

I take a multi vitamin as well as chromium and flax seed oil. I was having an awful time during TOM but they are really helping with the pain and cravings. Chromium is supposed to be good for balancing blood sugar and flax seed oil helps with a number of things includung inflamation and constapation.

It's funny what you will share with your friends on the net.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 09:44
Registered Member

Stats: 255/240/185 Female 5" 9 inches
BF:
Progress: 21%

right now I am only taking a multivitamin, don't really know what I should be taking. But I am looking in to it! Possibly relcore, if I can find it. Today is kind of a blah day, it is cloudy and rainy once agin here. Suppose to be all week. Yuck! I am getting excited fo rthe weekend as we are going away to my FIL house. I hope I can stick to this diet this weekend. It might be hard. But just so you guys know I will not be on line satu through monday. Sorry! Well I better get going, laundry to do. Today I feel so depressed and am having a very hard time.

Jamie
  #18   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 10:15

Stats: 285/258/175 Female 5'5.5 inches
BF:53%
Progress: 25%

Good Afternoon!
To answer your question you can get the relacore alot of places but the cheapest I found was at K-mart. There's is 29.99 and GNC was 49.99. I hope you try it because it really has been helping alot of people. I'll tell you the OOO is my God send!!! Well I have alot of work to do will check in again later.

Kathy
  #19   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 10:25

BF:

Where does everyone get OoO and is it in capsules? I think I would like to try it.
  #20   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 10:29

I get it at Vitimin World and it was buy one get one free and it was capsules. Alot of places carry it!
  #21   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 17:12
Registered Member

BF:

Hey ladies! Boards been kind of dead today! I know everyone has lives, and I am not complaining, just making sure everyone is okay and not having any problems! By the way, anyone think of a name for our buddy group so we can start a new post under that name? Just wondering.

WEll I better get going, hubby will be home and we need to eat dinner. Not sure what we are having as I am not really hungry. Pretty weir dthat yesterday all I could think about was food and today i am so not hungry. MAybe I am in mourning after seeing Diana Degarmo lose last night on american idol. Who knows!

Take it easy girls,

JAmie
  #22   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 19:15

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 395/380/165 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 7%

I also noticed that the board was kinda dead today. Jamie, maybe you're in ketosis and that's why you're not hungry.... hopefully, right? Today is kinda a blah day. I personally was happy about Fantasia, so no mourning.... however I'm just kinda tired I guess... ready for Friday. Hope everyone has a great night.
  #23   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 20:11
Registered Member

BF:

First of all, what is OOO, i see you guys take it, but I have no idea what it is, call me an atkins virign i guess. Oh well. Had a pretty good evening tonight, am watching celebrety poker showdown. My husband plays quite a bit of poker, and I do when I get a chance. I just love to watch it, and I love to sit down at a game and being a young 25 year old, everything thinks I can't play and then I get them. So fun! Hehehe! Anyway, I guess I will be going to bed soon, gotta get everything ready for the weekend. Like I posted before, i will be gone Sat till monday. No tears please, i will be back.

JAmie
  #24   ^
Old Fri, May-28-04, 10:29

BF:

Happy Friday Everyone!

OoO is oil of oregano. I hanen't found any yet but it is supposed to be good for your motabilism. I can use all the help I can get.

Do any of you exercise? I think it's time I started but I need a bit of motivation. I have lots of equiptment thats full of dust and clothes. Treadmills make great hangers don't they?
  #25   ^
Old Fri, May-28-04, 10:38

BF:

Tullip, have fun this weekend. We'll miss you.
Scarlet, I definitely think exercise helps. I've been lazy about my exercise lately but I made sure I incorporated exercise from the very beginning. I use the treadmill about every day.... I also try to fit in another aerobic activity....usually this disco sweat video. I've also started the BFL weight training with free weights. I want to make sure to do weight training to avoid any excess skin after losing.

Hope everyone is having a great friday!
  #26   ^
Old Fri, May-28-04, 14:28

BF:

WOW gachic that is amazing. Surly if you can do all that I can get on the treadmill. I also want to add in the free weights. DH does a lot of free weights so I'm going to get him to set up a routine for me. I am a bit worried about the skin thing. I think most of my elasticity went out the window with the babies.
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 15:04
Registered Member

BF:

Okay guys, I am back from my lit trip and have to sadly say I totally blew it. I am so mad at myself, but no use crying over spilled perfume right. I am back on it today and feeling pretty good! So buddies, lets get posting okay!!!!!! WE all need suposrt and that is what this buddy thing is all about!

Jamie
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 16:43

BF:

Welcome back tullip! Did everyone enjoy their weekend? Tullip, sorry to hear that you fell off but you're right, just get over it and keep going. The hardest part is getting back on, and you've done that... so congrats. I've been pretty strict with myself for the past couple days....happy about that. Hopefully it pays off at the end of the week when I step on the scale. Well... hope everyone has a great night.

~Whitney~
  #29   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-04, 06:00

Default Hi from your Buddy!

Hi everyone!!

Welcome back tulip! Jump right back on board and you will be fine! Ok buddies I need your help! I am stalled!!! I haven't lost anything in two weeks!! Talk about frustration!! I know I have to drink more water, but I can't!! I HATE water, no matter how hard I try I can't get enough of the stuff down and until now I was doing fine with the amounts I was getting down. Does anyone have any suggestions. Here's a typical days menu for me

B - Eggs & Sugarfree bacon

L- Beef or chicken and salad - 1 cup

D- some meet and either broccoli or asparagus

For a snack I usually have SF jello or some other snack from the recipe file.

What I drink all day is a combination of water (yuck) 1 cup coffee, drinks made with splenda, SF Uncaffinated ice tea.

Maybe this is the usually staff after you lose a certain amount of weight, but whatever it is I DON"T LIKE IT!! Especially when you are trying so hard, it is really discouraging!!

The funny thing is my appitite has definately shrunk and I feel great. I"m really excited about starting my new excercise videos. Lilly gave me the name of her belly dance videos and I ordered them on ebay and they just arrived yesterday.

Well, I better go! Let us know how you all are doing and what frustrations you all are having.

Kathy
  #30   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-04, 07:19

BF:

Hi Buddies. It's good to have everyone back!

It's good to hear you are back on track Tulip, that is the hardest part. I hope you don't have cravings.

Kathy, not sure what the problem could be. I usually have a big lose then I stall out for a couple of weeks. I know you definately need lots of water. When I have a long stall it usually means I need more fat so I add in cream cheese, lots of butter, and mayo. Oh and olive oil on everything. You should try to keep track of your calories and fat g's for a few days. Maybe they aren't high enough. Fit Day is great for this as it gives you percentages and totals.