Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 18:23

Plan: SB leaning towards Atkins
Stats: // Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 33%
Default I need a buddy toooooo

I need someone to just check in with once in a while- any takers?
Just a little about myself- I live in rural NY- just moved here from NYC where i lived since birth. Im new to low carbing, unless you count the few weeks i tried in college with my room mates. Id really like to take this seriously, but enjoy it. I have never been very overweight- but enough to make me very insecure with my body- I am going to be 30 in two years, and i would love to love my body before then.

Last edited by meowmisu : Tue, May-25-04 at 18:24. Reason: because i am a moron and can't spell
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 19:50

Plan: Atkins/carb cycling
Stats: 168/143.5/140 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 88%

Hi, Meow;
I'd love to have someone to check in with once in a while! You and I are about the same and I think it would be helpful to have a buddy that's close to my size. I'm Julie, I live in NW Washington. I'm married to Robert and we have five children. How do you like Atkins so far?
Julie
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 20:20

BF:
Talking

cool-

im not actually doing atkins, im doing more of the south beach- but its basically all about cutting the carbs. I like it a ton- mostly because with other wieght loss programs i have tried- basically just weight watchers, i found myself constantly hungry, not so with Low carb. Im noticing dramatic changes with just 5 pounds too. How often do you weigh yourself? im trying to limit myself to once a week, just because it can be discouraging if you dont see results everyday. So, youve lost a few already- doesnt it feel great? How are you liking low carbing yourself?
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 20:22
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 277/258/200 Male 76
BF:27%/25%/18%
Progress: 25%

I would like a buddy too.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 23:10
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/260/140 Female 5ft 6"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Im available!

To be a buddy that is . Just started this two days ago, so am really hoping this works for me...so far so good. Anyway I could use a support network, thats why I ended up here.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 23:16
Registered Member

i have done this diet quite a few times. Once you get the basic foods that you are not allowed to eat down you will be all right. I always feel light headed the first few days and my bowels do now work normally but after 3-4 days you should see an increase in energy.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 23:21
Registered Member

BF:

I really want it to work....I am a pro at dieting, just from practice But I want this to be the last time. I have only had a little bit of a headache, but I know its from going cold turkey on Soda. So what part of Cali are you from? I live in Southern Cal.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 23:26
Registered Member

I live in Camarillo, ventura county. Atkins by the book says cuut out the soda. I can not give it up so I still drink it but I have a greater success when I do not drink it, I am talking about diet soda, obviously a regular soda would blow your carb requirements out of the water. Where in SOCAL are you?
  #9   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 23:34
Registered Member

BF:

I live out by Barstow.....the hottest place on Earth! I never realized how much I needed soda till I gave it up I want to be good but one Pesi having 41 carbs....you know. I am looking for a good acceptable diet soda...any suggestions? I tried to find one with Splenda as a sweetner, but no luck
  #10   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 23:39
Registered Member

I have drank diet soda for soo long that I do not even miss regular. I drink diet dr pepper and diet pepsi. There is those HANS drinks the diet ones have no carbs are made with splenda and taste alright if you like fruity stuff. I think diet rite is made with splenda. Make sure you drink plenty of water no matter what else you are drinking, it actually speeds up weight loss
  #11   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 23:50
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks....will check on those. I really do drink a ton of water normally, so no prob with that. Just started yesterday...I cheated and weighed myself today and already dropped 3lbs..so very incouraged. It was great chatting with you...maybe can chat again soon. Gonna hit the hay. Take care.
By the way my name is Kim.
  #12   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 05:48

BF:

hello- how is everyone this morning? I didnt think i would get headaches- i really never drank regular soda or put sugar in my coffee- always artifical sweetners- perhaps im having caffeine withdrawals. I used to drink pepsi ones all day, well not all day but atleast 3 or 4 a day (by the way, does anyway know why they taste so much better than a diet pepsi- i havnt bought them in a while, are there more carbs in Pepsi One thand diet pepsi) I also decreased coffee consumption to one a day. Yesterday I had two, cause iwas so pooped all day No headache as of yet so thats a good thing. Whats everyone making for dinner tonight- im looking for ideas! Have a great day!

btw- i weighed today and i lost another pound!

Last edited by meowmisu : Wed, May-26-04 at 06:29.
  #13   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 06:28

BF:
Default How about a common weigh in day for us buddies?

Everyone says its better to only weigh in once a week- how about we establish a day and we will start a thread for our weigh in day and every week we will report our progress there. This will be good because it will hold us accountable and will give us the much needed support when we dont lose or even worse gain. Im thinking friday, I used to do monday but im not sure thats a great idea being that the weekend is when most will splurge most likely and that can be discouraging. Let me know what you all think!
  #14   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 06:56
Registered Member

Yeah fridays are good for me. I cook pretty boring, BBQ chicken, salad with no-carb dressing, 1/4 cup spinach and that is what I will have for like the next three nights.
  #15   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 07:05

BF:

glad to hear it, not the boring eater part, but that friday is good. Try marinating chicken in italian salad dressing- i take chicken breast, on the bone but without skin, just because the skin impedes the absorption of the marinade, i put it in a ziplock and pour on the dressing. Its better as it marinades. since you eat that a couple a days a week, try putting abunch of em in at the beginning of the week, they will stay good in that marinade for a while. Youll see theyll get better as the week goes on. I cook them on the grill on low, flipping and basting with the dressing every ten minutes for 50 minutes - perfect everytime. 2/3 days in that marinade its awesome- but overnight is good too. all grills are different, so if you find that your chicken is burning a little, even on low, put a rock or something heatproof to prop the cover open a little crack, that should stop it.