Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 11:46

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 241/159/145 Female 66 inches
BF:?
Progress: 85%
Default Krispy Kreme donuts

Someone brought in Krispy Kreme donuts and they're on the common area counter right next to my desk. They smell AWFUL! That greasy odor is making me ill. How can they eat those things? There's only 1 left, and if I thought I could do it without being seen, I would throw it away so I don't have to smell it anymore.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 11:52

Plan: Cyclic Ketogenic
Stats: 245/167/180 Male 71.5
BF:30%/11.4%/9%
Progress: 120%

Sad thing is, one donut is sooo incredibly bad for you and full of crap, and people will eat those until they are full.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 12:00

Plan: Generic LC with tweaks
Stats: 204/178/165 Female 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default Flush it

Take it, pretend you are carrying it back to your cube but wrap it up safetly so it doesn't contaminate your hands. Duck into the ladies room, tear it up, and flush it.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 12:06
Whoosh me baby!

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 276/258/180 Female 66 inches
BF:Yep, gots to go
Progress: 19%

When families bring in goodies I grab the box and pass it around until they are all gone-staff, residents, it doesn't matter as long as they go. I have heavily encouraged more than one non-dieting person to "come on, take one for the team!" Nursing homes are full of goodies and it's the only way I can cope. I know that having them sitting on my desk-inhaling fresh cookies just kills me.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 12:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 151/133/134 Female 5'5.5
BF:Getting better!
Progress: 106%

I luv doughnuts, they are my weakness, someone brought them in the other day, I could have cried. But I want respect for my food decisions so I plan on respecting others. I even bought my mom and sister turtle brownines when I went by the bakery the other day. (they were blessed with the skinny gene) They weigh 110 lbs and are taller than me.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 13:09
The Spandex Killer

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 206.2/206.2/145 Female 5'9.5
BF:
Progress: 0%

God I LOVE Krispy Kremes -- they rock. I know they aren't in the least bit healthy, but wow do they taste good going down. I avoid them like the plague now -- I would be SO tempted if they were around. Oye!
  #7   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 15:32

Plan: Vegetarian Low GI
Stats: 188/179.8/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 13%

Funny thing is I remember seeing a while back a Yahoo! news headline about Krispy Kreme sales falling because of low-carb diets!!!

Hehehe... that's for all the times as a low-fat dieter I passed by the donut shop drooling... .

Tam
  #8   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 15:39

Plan: Atkins/LC
Stats: 276.4/266.6/200 Female 5'8
BF:I've got some!!!
Progress: 13%

Yes! Krispy Cremes are still taking a huge loss, when most of the population started this WOL...sucks for them! Maybe they should think of a healthy donut that is made with Splenda!! That would be nice!!!
  #9   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 16:30
Glutton for Grease!

Plan: Primal-VLC
Stats: 295/190/190 Male 76
BF:don't/really/care
Progress: 100%

You think you guys are tempted by doughnuts? I work for a doughnut shop, spreading that garbage to the masses of unsuspecting pre-diabetics out there. I REALLY need to find another line of work. Man I want a doughnut...
  #10   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 17:24
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

I never liked donuts except for the first couple of minutes they're out of the fryer. After that... yuck!
  #11   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 17:55

Plan: moderate carb, WW
Stats: 274/245.2/200 Male 5 feet 9 inches
BF:36%
Progress: 39%

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinleigh
Yes! Krispy Cremes are still taking a huge loss, when most of the population started this WOL...sucks for them! Maybe they should think of a healthy donut that is made with Splenda!! That would be nice!!!

Ummmm. . . they're already working on it. Can you believe it?!?

And KK donuts are not the best donut in the world, as some people think. If I was gonna buy and eat a donut, it certainly wouldnt come from KK. It would come from a local shop. I would love one of the cream filled long johns, but I bet (I hope) it wouldn't taste as good as I remember.
  #12   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 11:14

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 241/159/145 Female 66 inches
BF:?
Progress: 85%

Thos Krispy Kremes must taste better than they smell - someone finally ate the last one. Now, today, there's fresh baked cookies up there, but at least they left them in the ziploc bag so there's no smell - that would be harder for me to resist.
  #13   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 12:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 259/223/148 Female 5'7
BF:No clue
Progress: 32%

I've never been able to figure out the draw of Krispy Kreme's either. I like Dunkin Donuts pretty well...but never understood the fuss over KK.

L
  #14   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 12:23
The Spandex Killer

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 206.2/206.2/145 Female 5'9.5
BF:
Progress: 0%

I tell you, a plain glazed Krispy Kreme donut just out of the machine is the eighth wonder of the world. You have to eat it when it is HOT. Cold there are just so-so. But right out of the machine, that little buttery, doughy, sugar goo-ball is manna from heaven.

Not that I've had many or anything.
  #15   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 19:20

Plan: meat and meat by-products
Stats: 270/191/150 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 66%

I kind of saw the rise of KK as a yuppie phenomenon--yuppies rediscovering doughnuts. Last year I had a feeling I would never be eating this stuff again, so I went to KK and got a full assortment. They were good--not the best I've ever tasted, but very good. And sweet enough to give you instant diabetes.