Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 20:34
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 268/261/120 Female 60
BF:
Progress: 5%
Default Fat Free - Sugar Free Frozen Yogurt

I want to know.. can I eat this on SBD. Also TCBY has a new LOW CARB ice cream thing. But I just wanted to know about the fat free sugar free (yes both) frozen yogurt
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 06:57
Registered Member

BF:

no one ? haha
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 09:33
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 250/210/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 44%

Well, the logic is that you can have fat free, sugar free yogurt during phase 2, so that would lead me to think: why couldn't you have it frozen? If you are in phase 2 of SBD, then I should think this is absolutely "legal". After all, you could buy the same stuff at the store and freeze it, right? So this is just like buying what you could already make!

Can you tell me where you found this? My boyfriend absolutely loves going out for ice cream, and I would love to find a place were we can go and he can get what he wants while I can get something I can enjoy!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 11:12

Plan: My own
Stats: 265/265/200 Female 5 foot 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

You can make your own "FAUX" frozen yogurt if you have a food processor. Put plain SF FF yogurt in the container. Start it running and keep adding frozen strawberries(or whatever frozen fruit you want), maybe splenda if you want, and voila, a great semi frozen dessert. My whole family loves it. If you want it harder, you can freeze it and eat later. And so easy and quick to make.

Glenda
  #5   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 11:58
Registered Member

BF:

I found it at TCBY and Dairy Queen is rumored to be starting a FATFREE/SUGARFREE line as well
  #6   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 12:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 214/204/140 Female 5'2"
BF:49%/26%/25%
Progress: 14%

Hi there, It makes sense to me that you can have it...it would be the same as having the allowable sugar free fudgicles....just check the calories and don't overindulge!

My .02 ...I think the important thing to remember IMHO is that DR. Agatston has not spelled out every single thing in his diet the way Dr. Atkins has. He wants us to learn to eat sensibly based on "Good Carbs, Low fat". We have to learn to live with this diet for the rest of our lives.

If I am out with my family and they are having an ice cream and I found a place with low fat, no sugar frozen yogurt I think that would be great!. I have had the McDonalds Fruit n Yogurt Parfait which is 1.7grams of Fat and 122 cal (it does have sugar in it) but it is a much better choice than a milkshake or a McFlurry that my kids are having.

I found that you have to not feel totally deprived or you will not last with this WOE. But everyone is different...and PLEASE tell me where this yogurt is???
  #7   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 12:06

I was posting same time! What is TCBY?
  #8   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 12:11
Registered Member

BF:

it is TCBY

Also here is a link to the SUGARFREE/FATFREE yogurt, and they also have toppings.. yum

SugarFree/FatFree Yogurt
  #9   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 12:18

Oh My!! I don't think you should have told me about them!! It sounds tooo good AND I was kinda thinking maybe they aren't in Canada.....but they are!! I live in a little teensy small town so have never really noticed them when I go to the city...now I will have to check them out....good thing I don't live close to one!!

Thanks for the info I LOVE frozen yogurt....
  #10   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 14:45
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 250/210/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 44%

Thank you! Good thing for me too that there are no locations that are too close. But - YAH! - boyfriend and I can have ice cream this weekend! (He's gonna love that!)
  #11   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 16:19

Plan: Undecided atm
Stats: 162/000/115 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 345%

Oh happy days!!!!!! I always LOVED TCBY!!
  #12   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 23:08
Registered Member

BF:

glad I could help you all out hahaha
  #13   ^
Old Fri, May-28-04, 19:29
Registered Member

Plan: DietToGo Low Carb
Stats: 280/206/180 Male 72 inches
BF:Huh? Duh!
Progress: 74%

Not to rain on the parade, but according to the Nutrition information on the TCBY website, this stuff has 20 grams of carbohydrates for a half cup (and, of course, no fiber).

This isn't exactly low carb.
  #14   ^
Old Fri, May-28-04, 20:21

Plan: South beach (modified)
Stats: 185/154/150 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 89%

Just chiming in. The new SBD allows 2 servings of dairy a day,
so it certainly shouldn't be had in limitless amounts. the carbs in sugar-free fat free frozen yoghurt are likely from the milk sugar - they have to leave something in! Check if they added stuffer carbs, though! Like starch. It sounds like the "allowed cheat" - something that one can have in moderation occasionally - and I had low fat sugar free at Baskin Robbins recently - but not daily!
  #15   ^
Old Fri, May-28-04, 23:27

Went into the city yesterday to get my contacts and went to TCBY's and tried the Irish creme flavour with the sugar free caramel topping. Now you all must know I do not ever have much in the way of sweet treats or any of those bars, shakes,candy etc. I thought the yougurt tasted great!

BUT I had a really bad experience an hour after eating it last night! Well.....I haven't had much experience with the sugar alcohol's etc. I don't go for much of that low carb sweet stuff....well to try and put it delicately it did a real number on me!! everything people say it does it did to me but the worst of it was it gave me UNBELIEVABLE cravings afterwards!!!
I practically ate every carb in the house I could find

So anyway I have learned a very good lesson about those things and sugar alsohols and sweet stuff...which i don't have and now i know why!! I will stick to my fruit...which I love and sure doesn't do that to me....

I knew it was too good to be true....mind you I asked for a small and it was HUGE!!! Then I saw some people come in and ask for a kiddie size which is what I should have got...but I think I will just play it safe ..it wasn;t worth it...