Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Sweet treats
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 18:58
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress:
Talking OMG Key Lime Pie

I don't know if anyone has tried this, but I found a great recipe for key lime pie and thought I'd pass it along: (Enjoy)

1 package sugar-free lime Jello
2 tbsp. key lime juice (optional)
1/3 cup boiling water
1/3 cup cold water
2 8-oz packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 packet of Splenda
1 tsp. coconut extract
1 cup pecans, ground
1 tbsp. butter

Melt butter in a small bowl. Add ground nuts, sweetener and half the coconut extract. Pour all unto the bottom of a pie pan except for 2 tbsp. A clear glass pan is pretty. Spread all over bottom of pan and put in fridge to chill. In a small bowl whip the heavy cream until peaks form. Set aside. While it is being whipped you can bring water to boil. Mix the Jello with 1/3 cup boiling water until all the gelatine has dissolved. Then add cold water and stir. When gelatine is dissolved add the key lime juice if desired. For the next step I have found you need a big bowl with HIGH sides. Slowly add in the cream cheese (I add each 8-oz package in 4 chunks) and continue to beat with a mixer at slow speed. After all cream cheese is added put in the remaining coconut extract and beat at high speed until smooth. Then using low speed blend in the whipped cream. Using spatula, scrape into the pie pan and spread around. Sprinkle remaining nuts on top. Chill for at least 2 hours so jello can set. Entire recipe has 44g carbohydrates and 10g fibre and should serve 6-8.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 19:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 221/200/121 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 21%

Sounds yummy & perfect as a summer treat, I let you know how mine turns out when I try it.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 19:16

Plan: Undecided atm
Stats: 162/000/115 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 345%

That serving size is all wrong. Should say it serves 1.

Jenn
  #4   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 19:25
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress:

Elsah, that is toooooooo funny...

Meltingfst mine is chilling in the refrigerator as we speak. I only know it's going to be great because I licked the bowl!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jul-16-04, 06:33

Stats: 523/504.2/240 Male 6'3"
BF:DOH!/better/bestes
Progress: 7%

Thanks so much for this reciepe. I made this last night to suprise my wife, I CANT COOK VERY WELL!! But when I made this last night you would have thought I was Emeril himself LOL
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jul-21-04, 09:37

Stats: 140.5/121/120 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 95%
Default mmmmmmmmmmmm

this was heavenly

made it Monday after work, DH and I had to have a sliver before it was fully set, but it was creamy and delicious

Key Lime Pie was always a family favourite, from when I was a child and then with my own family, I made it all the time, the traditional way (sweetened condensed milk)

it's so good to have KLP again!

I didn't have pecans so I used macadamia flour, just yummy

also 2 TBPS of Key Lime juice made the filling too tart for me, added 7 packets of Splenda to the filling and one to the whipped cream, will prob only add 1 TBSP next time--and there will be a next time!

made double whipped cream and spread the other half on top, like I used to do when I made the traditonal recipe

thanks so much for this wonderful recipe! just looking for an excuse to make it again real soon!