Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 08:53
PuertoRican Princess

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%

Lurk all you want byrdie16.

I'm determined to get tones up and make these wrinkles go away with exercise.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 08:55

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 135/130.5/120 Female 5'4"
BF:26/???/18
Progress: 30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by byrdie16
I had just noticed this last week I'm getting wrinkles just above my knees on the inner part. Picture elephant legs... Haven't noticed it elsewhere yet but whoa, what's that was my first reaction! I was hoping not to get the saggy skin as I've been losing slowly but....

Hey byrdie16 - I have the same "Elephant knees"!!! YUK!!!Scary huh? I alse have loose skin at my elbows and wrists. I'm hoping that since I've gotten leaner it's just excess skin that'll go away with time. I've been using firming lotions hoping it'll help. So we'll see. If you figure something out to rid us of this problem quicker, let me know.
  #33   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 08:56
This is my Life...

Stats: 202/188/140 Female 67
BF:?
Progress: 23%

Lily, I just did a search on the Avon site and couldn't find the lotion. It's called "Totally Even"? Hmmm, maybe it isn't available in the States.
  #34   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 08:59
PuertoRican Princess

BF:
Talking

If you go to http://www.avon.com/ that Cellu Sculpt they are showing there, that works just as good. I have this one too.

Another one called Smooth Surface is good too. I have that one too. I love Avon.
  #35   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 09:07

Stats: 273.5/236.0/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 33%

AHA = alhpa hydroxy acids - they can help smooth the thinner outermost layer of skin and can improve the look of skin, but if the wrinkles are deep the results will not be so remarkable. It helps by plumping the skin around the wrinkles.

They are improving the surgery all the time so who knows in a couple of years it could be better, easier and less expensive! I plan to do the arm surgery - the rest of the stuff I can hide

PecanPie
  #36   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 09:11

Plan: atkins
Stats: 220/195/160 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 42%

I was just reading a article yesterday about a new product called StriVectin-SD.. It was originally used to fade stretch marks, and now has also become a factor also in removing wrinkles and crowsfeet. Its supposed to be substantially more effective than vit.C, Retinol, AHA, and Botox..There are limited places which you can purchase it, Sephora, Parisian, Lord & Taylor,Boomingdales, Sax.. It also states some GNC's or high end supplement retailors, down fall is its around 135.00 per tube, or you can order it directly at 1-800-454-6868 or the link...
http://www.StriVectin.com

and has a 30 day guarantee
  #37   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 09:12
PuertoRican Princess

BF:

Holy Molie that's alot of mula for a tube.
  #38   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 09:15

Plan: atkins
Stats: 220/195/160 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 42%

oops forgot to mention pregnancy section of GNC, it also states one 6 oz tube used for wrinkle-remover will last 6 months? I'm sure as a stretch mark reducer it wouldn't last near as long? might be worth a shot? who knows?
  #39   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 09:16
PuertoRican Princess

BF:

Six months, that's a long time. It may be worth the money then. I'll have to check it out. Thanks.
  #40   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 09:46
Butter Tastes Better

Plan: Atkins OWL / IF-23/1 /BFL
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 34%

http://www.tvdeals.net/personal/strivectin-sd.html

on sale there for $108

I will see if I can find it any cheaper.

I looked at the ingredients and it seems to be made from every type of fatty acid known to man lol.
  #41   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 09:59

Stats: 204.5/157/142 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 76%

Thanks for the Avon tips, AFwife!
  #42   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 10:00
PuertoRican Princess

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannonp
Thanks for the Avon tips, AFwife!

You're welcome.
  #43   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 10:00
Butter Tastes Better

Plan: Atkins OWL / IF-23/1 /BFL
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 34%

Quote:
So What’s the Catch?
There are three. First, although 93% of the subjects tested experienced significant reduction in stretch mark depth, length, feel, color, and texture, no topical formulation can completely eliminate stretch-mark damage. Second, at $135.00 for a 4-6 week supply, StriVectin-SD is much less expensive than surgery, but it’s not cheap. Finally, for maximum efficacy, StriVectin-SD must be applied three times a day, every day, for 4-6 weeks… StriVectin-SD works, but you have to use it. So unless you’re committed to getting rid of your stretch marks, don’t waste your time or money.

So it will help but still wont get rid of them.

What I am concerned about is the deep faded stretch marks that gross me out.

The ones that look like this

The picture isnt the greatest but I didnt have much time to fiddle with it now. I may try and use my good camera and take some shots later.

Basically My stomach and arms and hips are covered with that. They are faded, but there are so many and you can still see them and it looks horrible.

I know that there are things to make the red color fade away, but thats not what worries me with them. I want them to totally go away so I can wear a sleeveless shirt and not only not be paranoid that my arms are grossly huge but also not think about how many stretch marks I have all over my arms that are visible even though they are faded. They also feel different. They feel bumpy when you run your fingers over it.

sighs I hate these things!
  #44   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 10:05
PuertoRican Princess

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyJourney
So it will help but still wont get rid of them.

What I am concerned about is the deep faded stretch marks that gross me out.

The ones that look like this

The picture isnt the greatest but I didnt have much time to fiddle with it now. I may try and use my good camera and take some shots later.

Basically My stomach and arms and hips are covered with that. They are faded, but there are so many and you can still see them and it looks horrible.

I know that there are things to make the red color fade away, but thats not what worries me with them. I want them to totally go away so I can wear a sleeveless shirt and not only not be paranoid that my arms are grossly huge but also not think about how many stretch marks I have all over my arms that are visible even though they are faded. They also feel different. They feel bumpy when you run your fingers over it.

sighs I hate these things!

I use the Re-Fine lotion from Avon, mine don't feel bumpy anymore and aren't red either. You may want to try it out.
  #45   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 10:11

Stats: 180/141/135 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 87%

I gained 70 lbs. during pregnancy ... went from 135 to 205.

I lost the weight and don't have a lot of excess skin ... just the skin I have on my stomach is wrinkly. You can see where the elasticity skin around my navel was destroyed. Gives it a "wrinkly appearance". At least it is flat ... but I can never wear a bikini again (i wear a tankini with skirted bottom ... VERY flattering and I am NEVER self conscious).

I don't have any actual marks ... so the only thing that would help me is a tuck I imagine.