Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, May-23-04, 21:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 184/143/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 84%
Question Has anyone tried Cortislim?

I have seen Cortislim advertised on TV. It is supposed to work to lose belly fat. Just wondered if anyone had tried it. It sounds too good to be true.

I have to say the Adkins Diet is the best I have been on. My husband has lost 20 lbs and more importantly, lowered his blood pressure significantly.

Donna in MO
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, May-23-04, 21:44

Plan: RNY Gastric Bypass 2/1/10
Stats: 378/163/150 Female 5 ' 5"
BF:
Progress: 94%

I haven't tried Cortislim....but I am taking Relacore which does the same for belly fat by lowering stress which in turn lowers cortisol levels....and it works great! Plus I have more energy and I feel calmer and happier!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, May-23-04, 21:49

BF:
Question Has anyone tried Cortislim?

Thanks for the info LuckyLady. Is Relacore a prescription med?
  #4   ^
Old Sun, May-23-04, 21:53

BF:

Nope. I got it over the counter at The Vitamin Shoppe. On sale it was 34.99 but it could cost upwards of 50 bucks depending on where you get it.....But even at 50 bucks it's so worth it in my opinion....If I had to I would pay $50.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, May-23-04, 21:58

BF:

LuckyLady, Have you really been able to see that it helps lose belly fat? I am really interested. I would like to excercise but my back won't let me do too much.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, May-23-04, 22:27

Plan: Cyclic Ketogenic
Stats: 245/167/180 Male 71.5
BF:30%/11.4%/9%
Progress: 120%

There are numerous threads on this, do a search. Look for posts by "AWife" I believe, she lost about 6 inches off her waist by taking cortisol removing drugs (relacore, to be exact)
  #7   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 22:06

BF:

Yes I do really see a difference....and others around me have noticed too...My mom was so impressed that she went out and bought it!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jun-16-04, 12:10

Plan: none yet
Stats: 265/255/190 Male 71
BF:
Progress:

I did a little research on Cortislim and their primary spokesman "Dr" Cynaumon.

If you want information on who this "Dr." really is, go here:
http://www.edresearch.com/CynaumonChallenge.htm

I also did some research on cortosol blockers.

It turns out that while Cortislim's "special compounds" may help you reduce stress, the real ingredient in their overpriced pills that causes cortosol moderation is... get ready for this...

Vitamin C.

Yup, that's right folks. $110 for 3 bottles of Cortislim is nothing more than overpriced vitamin C.

In fact, I decided to do a little experimentation myself.

Instead of spending $110 on Cortislim, I went and got a bottle of 1000 Vitamin C tablets... 500mg each.

In taking 2 to 4 of these per day, I have LOST TEN POUNDS in 2 weeks! I was at 265 lbs, and have been steady there since my wedding day on June 28th of last year. This is my first weight loss in a year! I haven't been under 255 lbs in 3 years, but just this morning, on the 2nd day of week 3, I weighed in at 253... so really it's been 12 pounds of weight loss, by taking Vitamin C.

Total cost of my big 'ol bottle of "Miracle Weight Loss Vitamin C"? $11.99 plus tax.

Oh, and I'll bet I won't get a cold any time soon either.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jun-16-04, 16:28

BF:
Thumbs up Thanks for the info!

Thanks for posting the information. It sure pays to check out what is in these miracle pills. I will definitely try the Vitamin C. But, haven't I heard that a person can get too much Vitamin C? How much is too much? Donna in MO
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Jun-16-04, 21:34

Plan: none yet
Stats: 265/255/190 Male 71
BF:
Progress:

As I posted in the new thread about this topic, there are trainers that put their athletes on up to 6 GRAMS of Vitamin C per day... that's 6000mg!

I've taken as many as 4000mg in one day... but keep in mind that Vitamin C is an acid! If you suffer from acid reflux, or heartburn, this will probably worsen those conditions. The advice I read was to build up, and if you start getting tummy aches, ease off...

Also, my dentist advises me not to get CHEWABLE Vitamin C... it really does a number on your tooth enamel!
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jun-21-04, 16:33

Plan: Whatever works
Stats: 300.5/200/135 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 61%
Lightbulb

One way of getting that extra Vitamin C without having much of an acid problem is to take Ester C....it's buffered with calcium and is more "stomach friendly".

However... this is the first I've heard about the vitamin causing better weight loss....you'd think the 5 grams I take on a daily basis would cause significant difference in that category, but it hasn't.