Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Sun, May-23-04, 16:00
The Spandex Killer

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 206.2/206.2/145 Female 5'9.5
BF:
Progress: 0%

Day 14 cheat-free, but boy has this weekend been mentally tough for some reason. Can hardly believe that I didn't!

Congrats to everyone for hanging in there! Welcome Momof4boys! I'm a Stewie fan so I love your avatar.
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Sun, May-23-04, 16:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 206/166/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 49%

Rune1990,
When I want a burger I use lettuce leaves instead of bread. It's actually really good, Messy but good, I also do this with taco's roll the stuff in lettuce, very good and you still get the crunch of a shell. MMM
Tammy

Last edited by momof4boys : Sun, May-23-04 at 20:07.
  #93   ^
Old Sun, May-23-04, 17:19

Plan: atkins ish
Stats: 150/147/120 Female 5'3
BF:NoMore Preggers!
Progress: 10%

6 Cheat free days-though I am dying for another SF fudiscle or something really yummy Guess I will have to settle for a SF jello.
I giggled when I saw what AFwife wrote about DH may not get any if he didn't keep his mouth shut!! DH hears that a lot over here
  #94   ^
Old Sun, May-23-04, 20:36

Plan: Southbeach
Stats: 219/211/145 Female 64
BF:37.6/36.2/30.0
Progress: 11%

Member.........CF Day
=====================
Afwife..............1
brdgrl
Butterball..........3
CheesyPoof.........13
dcpetty.............2
Innamora...........18
Jadefox26...........6
MammaC.............88
Missaec............22
momof4boys.........10
OhioKim.............1
Rune1990............4
Sexylexy............1
Sisflomi...........42
sqkitty............31
Tammy565............0
Twinmomma...........6
Vbrowne
vyyz
Zipity..............1
  #95   ^
Old Sun, May-23-04, 20:43

Plan: Southbeach
Stats: 219/211/145 Female 64
BF:37.6/36.2/30.0

Ok, well you FOUR cheaters, and YOU know who YOU are!!! SHAME on you. You should all put yourselves in the corner for 4 mins and repeat after me: I am not going to cheat, I love myself more than I love this food. This food is not going to control my life anymore. I will be strong and do much better for the entire next week. And you may have no LC Candy or sweets for two days for each day you cheat. And you have to exercise two times the day you cheat. And you have to not include an entire day as a cheat, if you cheat you cheat, don't let it be an all day feast!!!!!! And remember if you cheat too much, this will be you at the end of your cheat:

And this will be me and all your cheat free buddies:

Now back on the wagon for you all!!!!!!!! And those that are already back on, good for you!!!! You will thank yourself next week that you went back on.

Tomorrow is a new day, lets see if we all can make it cheat free!!!!

And remember we still you all and will still you on no matter what happens!!
  #96   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 00:57
Staying Put

Plan: Atkins/CarbCycling
Stats: 299/252/180 Female 69"
BF:
Progress: 39%

Sis, I notice you've lost another 2 lb - well done you!! See girls - it shows that when you DON'T CHEAT you get results!!!!

Well, I got on the scales this morning and promptly wanted to throw them out of the window!! They're weighing me in at a rediculous weight - so either I am carrying TONS of water weight because of the TOM which should be here on the 30th or the scales are just being stupid. I fear it is the latter.

However, I can't help but think it also might be because I had a heavy day on callories and carbs yesterday.
I didn't cheat - not by eating the wrong things, I just had too much of everything - so it's my own fault!

Speak to you all later - and let's have a really great cheat free day!
  #97   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 01:14
PuertoRican Princess

Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisflomi
Member.........CF Day
=====================
Afwife..............1
brdgrl
Butterball..........3
CheesyPoof.........13
dcpetty.............2
Innamora...........18
Jadefox26...........6
MammaC.............88
Missaec............22
momof4boys.........10
OhioKim.............1
Rune1990............4
Sexylexy............1
Sisflomi...........42
sqkitty............31
Tammy565............0
Twinmomma...........6
Vbrowne
vyyz
Zipity..............1

Back on the wagon and 24 hours later I'm cheat free.

I can do it!
  #98   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 06:04

Stats: 130/128/112 Female 5'1''
BF:

Hi everyone.

Still hanging my head in shame from my silly cheat.

Ok i'm back on track now though! I was very good yesterday and feel much better for it. Luckily the cheat had no effect on weight so that's good. Phew! I am DEFINITELY not going to cheat this week. Congrats to everyone who made it through the weekend cheat free!

Ok sis i'm walking to the corner for my 4 min now to dry and think about what i did! No treats for me this week.

Have a great monday everyone!

Tammy
  #99   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 07:05

Plan: atkins
Stats: 159/127/105 Female 59 inches
BF:
Progress: 59%

cheat free day 35 here. So glad our cheaters got right back on board! At least they are making a choice not to quit and give up! Congrats to everyone here for making a huge effort to be cheat free!
  #100   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 07:49

Stats: 220.0/220/120 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 0%

Thanks for the recommendation Momof4 (tammy )

Ok, I cheated this morning. I've had a sore throat for like three days now, and kept getting woken up last night with horrible coughing fits. So this morn I had a large Ice Cap from timmys. It felt so darn good on my throat but now its gone!

Also, today was my official weigh in day. Fricken scale. Says I'm up 2lbs (165 or so)..maybe cause of the exercise? My menu's have been fantastic, so I dunno.

So Zipity, put me back at 0 on your nifty chart!
  #101   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 09:50

Plan: stress & low carb
Stats: 298/242/175 Female 5' 7
BF:WAY/ TOO/ MUCH
Progress: 46%

I CHEATED TOO : (

I got TOM and ate like a PIG!!...I was doing great til SATURDAY Night! Dh and I and the kids went to my nephew's b-day party Sat. I was good, didnt eat cake or junk ..... all day ...BUT later in the pm i was CRAVING goodies (TOM came, that's why..) so saturday nite i ate my butt off! i had a LOT of m&m's, gummy fish, 2 bowls of fruit loops and a pb&j sandwich!!!!!!!!!!!!

How bad is that! I usually only get like this during TOM ....

sorry guys...but i am back on track since sunday !!!!
  #102   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 09:59
Registered Member

Stats: 255/240/185 Female 5" 9 inches
BF:
Progress: 21%
Thumbs up Count me in!

Okay, so I cheated this morning and I felt terrible about it, so i came to these boards and found this cheat free challange and I decided that is exactly what i need. So ladies if you have room for one more, count me in. How great to have some support here. My husband is on the atkins diet as well but he is gone ALL day at work so I am home and it gets really hard, I will have to keep checking in everytime i have the urge to cheat. The first big challenge will be this afternoon, as I am meeting my mother to get my daughter back (she spent the weekend with grandma) and usually we have a snack of french fries. But I know I can do this! I will post in my journal how I did.

Jamie
5 minutes of cheat free!
  #103   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 10:07

Plan:
Stats: -/-/- Female 64.5
BF:
Progress: 32%

Code:
Member.........CF Day ===================== Afwife..............1 brdgrl Butterball..........1 CheesyPoof.........15 dcpetty.............2 Innamora...........19 Jadefox26...........7 MammaC.............88 Missaec............22 momof4boys.........10 OhioKim.............1 Rune1990............0 Sexylexy............1 Sisflomi...........42 sqkitty............35 Tammy565............0 tullip..............0 Twinmomma...........6 Vbrowne vyyz Zipity..............2

Last edited by zipity : Mon, May-24-04 at 14:24.
  #104   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 10:17
Registered Member

Stats: 255/240/185 Female 5" 9 inches
BF:
Progress: 21%
Default QUestion

Is diet coke considered cheating? I am not sure about that and if so, is there any soda that you are allowed to drink? Like I said I am new to all this so I am just wondering.

TIA

Jamie
  #105   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 10:24

Plan:
Stats: -/-/- Female 64.5
BF:
Progress: 32%

Hi my lovelies!

It seems a bit of theme - cheat at the weekends, huh? Never mind - all is forgiven and we keep plodding on, eh? I'm looking forward to get over 7 days so that I can say I made it through a weekend ...

Welcome aboard, Jamie!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rune1990
So Zipity, put me back at 0 on your nifty chart!
LOL - it ain't MY chart! It's OUR chart. I think you may be referring to the formatting though. I just use [ code ] around the chart instead of [ quote ]. Hope your sore throat gets better real soon!!

Butterball - Maybe you can work out a strategy for dealing with TOM cravings. Perhaps not having sweeties, candies, or other tempting goodies in the house around TOM time if it is possible. What's done is done though and I'm glad you are endeavouring to keep up with your cheat-free efforts?? Now just catch me when I fall down please!

Sqkitty & Cheesypoof- You rock!! Woohoo!!

Tammy - Don't beat yourself up anymore over the cheat, sister. Just move on and put your energies accumulate the cheat-free days! Lift your head up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwife
I can do it!

You surely can!

Hang in there, Jadefox. I'm sure today's weight is just a fluke. Try not to get discouraged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisflomi
And you have to not include an entire day as a cheat, if you cheat you cheat, don't let it be an all day feast!!!!!!

Really, really good advice.

I'm off to go lurk.

Wishing everyone an excellent Monday!!

Z.