Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-28-01, 08:08

Plan: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Stats: 120/120/105
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Curious

Last night I came home absolutely starving after a long evening. Even though it was 11:30pm, I made myself a meal of steak and lettuce leafs followed by some peanuts. I felt quite guilty from eating at such a late time and was certain that I would be unhappy with what the scales showed the next morning. To my surprise, I woke up in the morning to discover that my tummy was looking flatter and that I had lost another pound! Can anyone explain how and why this has happened?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Nov-28-01, 09:13

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 179/156/140
BF:
Progress: 59%
Default HI Mags

I am sure others on here can give you the scientific reason why. I just wanted to give my 2 cents. I know that on the low-carbs plans your body is burning off fat. There have been times since I have been on that I haven't lost any weight but when I took my mesurments I found I had lost inches. My body is definetly toning up, with a minimum amount of excercise. When we get rid of that unwanted fat we are replacing it with lean muscle. Have you been measuring? I bet you have lost inch/inches around your stomach. Now I can see in your stats that you don't have that much more to lose. SO, you will probably have no trouble losing the last few pounds and you will notice a really firm body when finished. Congratulations and keep it up.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Nov-28-01, 22:11

BF:

Thanks very much for that! I have actually been forgetting to measure recently, but I still have my measurements from when I started this WOE so I'll take the measurements again and see what has changed. I'm happy that I'm halfway there but these last pounds are very stubborn and hard to get rid of - I know I'll be so much happier without them though, I'm going to make sure it happens!
As for the eating late at night and still losing weight, I'm baffled by it because I thought that eating after 8pm was a big no-no on any diet plan.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Nov-28-01, 22:30

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: //2002
BF:and feeling great
Progress: 99%

Quote:
Originally posted by Mags

As for the eating late at night and still losing weight, I'm baffled by it because I thought that eating after 8pm was a big no-no on any diet plan.

That's the general rule, Mags (great photo of you BTW), however, this WOE is chockablock full of good things. Not the least of which is wonderful surprises in the morning even after an evening when we think we have erred. This WOE is all about encouraging results and gentle rewards, not punishment. Our bodies are way ahead of us on that one!

Never look a gift horse in the mouth (Now - $100 cyber dollars to the one who knows the origin of THAT phrase)
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Nov-28-01, 23:00

BF:

Thanks for the compliment and your insight LC. This diet is certainly full of surprises and I'm learning new things about my body all the time.
Quote from my journal:

Every time I eat peanuts at night time I lose weight by the next day ... what does this mean?! That I should keep eating peanuts, or that I should eat at night, or that I've just been lucky ...

Is eating at night time good/bad for my metabolism, should I keep doing it/stop it? Whatever happened to the "eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper" theory?
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Nov-28-01, 23:04

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: //2002
BF:and feeling great
Progress: 99%

Quote:
Originally posted by Mags

Every time I eat peanuts at night time I lose weight by the next day ... what does this mean?! That I should keep eating peanuts, or that I should eat at night, or that I've just been lucky ...

It just means you should keep getting up in the morning