Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-28-01, 16:20

Plan: Predominantly Atkins
Stats: 320/260/145
BF:
Progress: 34%

Marlaine, I'm SO envious!

I live in a rural area in Missouri, US, and there IS only one grocery store in my town - no markets, not even a farmer's market any more. And in the town nearby, the stores are the same - I've checked every one of them out.

The produce section is only one isle, and the meat section is just...well...really horrendous. There is very little variety and some pretty shabby cuts of meat. Of course, I don't help any, as I don't eat shellfish, fish without scales, or pork - so it's pretty much beef, chicken, and fish with scales (and the only kinds my store has are orange roughy and whiting).

As far as produce, it's pretty slim, but ah well - better slim than none. You can FORGET about organic here. Even mention it and they're looking at you like you OUGHT to live on the west coast (which apparently most people here think is another planet)

Okay, gripe fest is over - I'm blessed to live in this country where we have an abundance of food, and don't have to wait in line for an hour to get cheese - or just plain starve. Thanks, God, for that reminder.

Sh'ra
Sponsored Links