Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, May-14-04, 12:41

Plan: not specific
Stats: 125/123/110 Female 5.0
BF:
Progress:
Exclamation Anything for thighs/butt

Any certain foods/exercises for quick fat loss in the thigh/butt/lower ab areas?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, May-16-04, 22:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 263/219/150 Female 5'6"
BF:not done yet
Progress: 39%

I am not a gym-knowledgable person but I can tell you that for the first time in my life I have a butt, or a fledgling butt, due to cycling. I didn't even realize it was happening and I have put about 6,000 miles into it, and then one day I noticed it was there. If you are looking to get rid of blab there and turn it into something a bit more pleasant, incorporating some cycling couldn't hurt!

Allez!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, May-16-04, 23:45
Former Couch Potato

Stats: 209/195.5/165 Female 5' 8"
BF:Oh yeah!
Progress: 31%

Woohoo - another cyclist! I, too, have discovered what wonderful things cycling can do for your lower body. I'm seeing some improvement in the butt, and major improvement in my fat thighs and calves. I have pretty decent muscle definition.

I'm doing 3-5, 30 min rides in the city weekly - fast pace, seeking out hills, so its HIIT

weekends, DH and I load up the bikes and find a mountain road or path somewhere. Harder work and longer rides, but the views are better!

We are having so much fun with this. A year ago, I was a TOTAL couch potato. We started slow with some rides on local trails and bike paths, and then started pushing ourselves a little harder.

It's so great to be active - and it's amazing what even an out of shape person can accomplish with some perserverence.

I love cycling because to me it's fun. I feel like a kid again!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, May-17-04, 10:00

Plan: NHE
Stats: 135/133/140 Female 64"
BF:15%
Progress: -40%

well... i just want to note that no matter how you target specific areas of the body, you need to drop fat overall before it will leave those problem areas (it leaves problem areas last, naturally... )

i have found that box squats, ATF squats, leg press, and romanian deadlifts have really done wonders for shaping my quads/hammies/tush. hard and heavy!!!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, May-17-04, 10:44
Former Couch Potato

Stats: 209/195.5/165 Female 5' 8"
BF:Oh yeah!
Progress: 31%

Definitely, I'm only now seeing real firming and muscle definition now that I'm into the last 10 lbs or so. Most of it is still covered up with jiggle. But hey, progress is progress!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, May-17-04, 14:43

Stats: 188/183/165 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:Lots
Progress: 22%

What in the world are romanian deadlifts?
I was browsing around here looking for something to firm up the inner thigh. I can't ride bycycle (knees can't take it) so was hoping to find something else I could do.
Cats
  #7   ^
Old Mon, May-17-04, 14:54

Plan: Carb Cycling
Stats: 188/173/150 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 39%

http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html - go there, its a great help!
  #8   ^
Old Mon, May-17-04, 16:00
Registered Member

Plan: atkins/south beach
Stats: 176/122/125 Female 5'4"
BF:31%/16%/17%
Progress: 106%

I started Kickboxing (it's really not as terrifying as it sounds, really) and that did wonders for my legs after taking classes only a few weeks. If you have the time and can afford them, i highly recommend kickboxing classes.
  #9   ^
Old Sat, May-22-04, 01:45
Registered Member

Plan: Metabolic Surge
Stats: 170/139/? Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsrus
What in the world are romanian deadlifts?
I was browsing around here looking for something to firm up the inner thigh. I can't ride bycycle (knees can't take it) so was hoping to find something else I could do.
Cats

I do deep squats (known as the "ass to the grass squat"), but with a wider stance - like, shoulder width or wider.

Split squats can hit the inner thigh, too. Split squats are sometimes called stationary lunges - go into the lunge position, but don't alternate legs. Just do 8 lunges on the same leg, then switch legs.