Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, May-15-04, 19:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 432/370/220 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default Passed My First Big Test !!!

Well my youngest son turned 4 on friday...My X wife was gonna have a party for him friday night....dinner..than cake and presents...well never being one that had much will power I was scared of screwing up my diet....Plus the Woman is one of the best country cooking cooks I have ever seen...I had to work Friday night so I took the easy way out...Dropped of his presents during the day and told her I couldnt be there because of work...
About 7 oclock I called to talk to Joe and wish him a happy birthday...Dag gum little fella...all he kept saying was you coming to my party Dad...over and over...Who could say no to this...NOT ME....I blew off work and headed that way....When I got there she was serving up dinner to my older sons and some friends...Fried Chicken....Mashed taters....Homemade Biscuts and gravy...I did good ate a chicken breast minus all the good crunchy stuff a few green beans and a glass of water instead of sweet tea or beer...Than came the hard part...she brought out a HUGE!!! Ice cream cake 3 layers soft icing...ice cream...devels food...sat it in front of me put 4 candles in it and fired it up....I was ok untill she started cuting pieces of it....Iam a sucker for sweets...I wanted to grab the whole cake and run off with it stuffing my face with it hollering HA HA HA HA....Well beleive it or not I just sit there putting toys together for Joe and playing with them with him....Every one kept saying how good it was you need to try it....I just said no thanks...after a few times they guit and I had a great time the rest of the night..
Looking back on it here is my take on it...If I had been on a regular Low fat low calorie diet I probably would have eaten everything there and a huge piece of cake and said tommorow is another day...But being on Atkins you are forced to make a harder decision...The amount of time and Effort it takes to go thru induction and get Ketosis going...Is it worth it to blow it for one piece of cake....My answer was NO!!!
Well today I was rewarded....I weighed in at 395 thats eight more pounds I have lost...a total of 37 lbs since April 20,2004...Say goodbye to 400+ forever I hope....I know I will slow down soon but untill it does Iam basicly staying on the Induction about 20 grams a day...usualy two meals a day with salad stuff for carbs...A walker shake...and one or two Atkins Advantage bars a day.....after the second week even bought a half gallon of Carb Options Chocolete Peanut butter....Its so good I felt like I was cheating everytime I had some....Have stayed In Ketosis the whole Time....Big John
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, May-15-04, 21:19
Registered Member

Stats: 290/235/150 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 39%
Nice job!!!! My mother has recently moved in with us due to her health and she is the #2 Greatest country cook in the world, aside from your X. I know all about ham -n- beans, fried taters and cornbread, etc. HA!HA!
So, I can relate to the extreme temptation. I was reading your stats and I can't weight to get where you are on your loss. Keep up the good work, reading your post keeps me all fired up.

jillinmo
  #3   ^
Old Sun, May-16-04, 04:14
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 357/345/196 Female 6ft 0inches
BF:
Progress: 7%

boogie,

Well done,you did really well not having the cake,etc, but what i noticed about your post, was that it seems you spent some really quality time with your son, so you should be proud for two reason.
take care
  #4   ^
Old Sun, May-16-04, 06:01

Plan: Atkins/W.W.
Stats: 401/299/170 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 44%

You did so well, John ....be PROUD of yourself!!!!!! Your son is really going to appreciate it when you can run around with him soon!!!!!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, May-16-04, 09:33
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 261/220/140 Female 5 feet, 6 inches
BF:62%/50%/25%
Progress: 34%

Great job! It's really tough when you have people around BEGGING you to eat something you DON"T WANT! Think about what a great example you are setting for your sons! You gave your little more than one birthday gift this year. WAY TO GO!!!
  #6   ^
Old Sun, May-16-04, 09:47

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 250/140/140 Female 5' 7
BF:?/28%/?
Progress: 100%

CONGRATS! You gave your little boy the best birthday present ever - a better you. That is wonderful that you were able to avoid temptation and concentrate on what is important. Getting to spend time with your son and you feeling better are worth so much than that cake. I'm proud of you and can't wait to see how you will be looking for his 5th birthday!

Marie
  #7   ^
Old Sun, May-16-04, 11:18

Stats: 277.5/277.5/199 Male 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I love reading your posts, John! Great job!!!
  #8   ^
Old Mon, May-17-04, 00:26

Stats: 234/160.8/150 Female 173
BF:37%/27%/23%
Progress: 87%

I remember when you first posted, and was really touched by your story. All I can say now, is WOW, what a fantastic change!

Your attitude is so positive, your outlook is seeing beyond the numbers, and I know you must be feeling better with the insulin problems you used to experience. Way to Go BoogieBlue!

I am so proud of you! Keep it up and you will see 300 really soon!
  #9   ^
Old Mon, May-17-04, 03:11
Twinkle Toes

Stats: 300/280/150 Female 5 feet 1 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

Great job John, I knew you would do it, stick to your guns, you really want to do it this time, its what you can taste, victory.

No piece of cake or any food can quite match the taste of victory over something that's controlled us far too long.

Good work.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, May-17-04, 06:59

Plan: LC BFL
Stats: 279/155/135 Female 5'5
BF:39/24/<20
Progress: 86%

great job!
  #11   ^
Old Mon, May-17-04, 07:25

Plan: Low Carb(Atkins)
Stats: 350/288/220 Male 70"
BF:yes !
Progress: 48%

Great post John. You done good.

These scenerios are presented to us on a daily basis. We must have the will power to overcome them, as everyone around us sticks the sweets in our face. As you see, the results of our success are much sweeter , and the years you add to your life will be the best reward.

Stay the course brother !

Brent

Last edited by norrodb : Mon, May-17-04 at 07:33. Reason: typo
  #12   ^
Old Mon, May-17-04, 07:31
Contributing Member

Stats: 259/190/135 Female 5'5
BF:OMG Too Much
Progress: 56%

Wow! I am impressed by you! I always LOVE reading your posts. You are so descriptive.

It was my son's 16th birthday yesterday (5/16) and I was not as good as you were. But I will pick myself up, brush off and copntinue along. As this is not a diet but a way of life.

Keep up the good work and congratulations on you loss so far!
  #13   ^
Old Mon, May-17-04, 10:42

Plan: PSMF
Stats: 328/255.0/150 Female 5' 6"
BF:52%/43%/20%
Progress: 41%

Congratulations John! Isn't it amazing how you can say "No" to cake now! You're right about how much different lc is to lf. Great job. It sounds like you really enjoyed that time with your son, so you are doubly blessed
  #14   ^
Old Mon, May-17-04, 11:12
O2B PB Free!

Plan: LC
Stats: 242/229/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 13%

Great job, John! I, too, said no to cake last week. While there was a twinge of really wanting it while I was turning it down, it felt good later to know that I had been strong!
  #15   ^
Old Mon, May-17-04, 11:31

Plan: Whole30
Stats: 300/269.2/200 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 31%

That's great John. It would be great to see a picture of you minus your 47lbs...